Windows 10: No ethernet after latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support No ethernet after latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I no Ethernet, but I do have wireless. Everything was functional on the 9th November, and messed up after the 10 November update. I checked everything,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cunnid02, Dec 10, 2015.

1. cunnid02 Win User

No ethernet after latest Windows 10 update

I no Ethernet, but I do have wireless. Everything was functional on the 9th November, and messed up after the 10 November update. I checked everything, and the pcs running Windows 10 don't have Ethernet but my Windows Server 2012r2 has Ethernet just fine. I had XFINITY check everything on their end. I tried Winsock reset several times but no change.
    Any suggestions or ideas? This happened on one of the builds before, and it seemed after a lot of hem- hawing they fixed whatever they did.

:)

cunnid02, Dec 10, 2015
  2. mgmsadik Win User

wifi and ethernet problem

hi plz help me I cant see wifi option in my Lenovo 3000 n100 after creator update and no Ethernet after this update( 1703 ),all I want to know is ,when I used windows 1609 and before versions of win 10 wifi and Ethernet are good no problem at all ,but
    why is it in win 10 version 1709 and 1703 . plz help me with this if it is hardware then why it supported in win 10 before versions ,not in this version .finally problem in os right. is there any way to update windows but wifi and Ethernet remain connected
    ,plz tell me I tried troubleshooting installed latest drivers and one time Ethernet worked and got connected ,after restart it failed again, red mark on it after that never connected ,wifi forget about it ,it never worked after upate

mgmsadik, Dec 10, 2015
  3. Flex 2 15 - windows update keeps offering me ethernet driver update even with current driver

I have a FLEX 215 running the new Creators Update. After I installed this update, Windows update keeps offering me the ethernet driver even though I already have this latest ethernet driver already installed. I tried downloading the latest ethernet
    driver from Lenovo website and went through setup steps and repair option. When I checked again it did not says "Windows is up to date and the time". It kept trying to install the ethernet driver.

pizzaboy 77, Dec 10, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, one of many possible ideas.. (hope you've solved this by now).. try the driver you were using before the Nov upgrade. (Maybe you can roll back). The Nov. TH2 upgrade is a MS novelty item, as you know, being akin to a new Windows installation.

A number of similar instances are reported as you've most probably found.

If you need to use a different driver to the one prescribed by MS, you will need to protect it from update (see the tutorial section - link above).

dalchina, Dec 13, 2015
  5. PoBear Win User
    I had the same problem when I upgraded to the latest window build, sorry I can't find the reference number, I had to do a repair on the Ethernet connector which cleared the problem.

PoBear, Dec 14, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    cunnid02: Have you tried rt clicking on the internet icon in your system tray, and clicking Troubleshoot Problems?

dalchina, Dec 14, 2015
  7. Gemmbobb Win User
    Try right clicking on your windows icon, click on system, on the top left click on device manager. In device manger look down the list and click on network adapters. Double click on the wireless card. This will show the device status and if it is working. If its off click the button on bottom right to turn it on. Spent hours and hours looking for this solution! My internet had suddenly stopped working and showed no networks whatsoever and nothing else would detect what was wrong!

Gemmbobb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No ethernet after latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - ethernet latest update

2. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update: Hi,As stated on the title, after I've installed the latest windows update November, it will not detect my ethernet or wi-fi. I'd try troubleshooting, and it found issues on the network adapter driver, the thing is, i already checked and updated all my drivers to the latest...
  3. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update: Hi,As stated on the title, after I've installed the latest windows update November, it will not detect my ethernet or wi-fi. I'd try troubleshooting, and it found issues on the network adapter driver, the thing is, i already checked and updated all my drivers to the latest...
  4. Cannot connect to Wi-Fi or Ethernet after latest update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet problems after the latest W11 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet problems after the latest W11 update.: Hello,I have a problem connecting to the internet on my Aspire A715-41G. On wi-fi I have not problem, but when it comes to ethernet, I cannot manage to fix the issue.I have tried literally all "fixes" on the 1st page of google.My network device is Realtek PCIe Gbe Family...
  6. Ethernet problems after the latest W11 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet problems after the latest W11 update.: Hello,I have a problem connecting to the internet on my Aspire A715-41G. On wi-fi I have not problem, but when it comes to ethernet, I cannot manage to fix the issue.I have tried literally all "fixes" on the 1st page of google.My network device is Realtek PCIe Gbe Family...
  7. Windows 10 deactivated after latest update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 deactivated after latest update: Hello everyone, I updated my windows overnight to the latest version available to me on August 21st. After that, I noticed my version of Windows 10 Pro deactivated. I have tried the troubleshoot option but it tells me that it is not connected to the internet, although I am....
  8. After update to 1909 and latest security – computers sporadically dropping Ethernet...

After update to 1909 and latest security – computers sporadically dropping Ethernet...: This problem began about a week ago ~ 1/15/2020. We had several computers that after update to 1909 and security updates including KB4528760 - the network connections would sporadically drop and the adapter settings were locked up. Attempts to disable / enable the adapter...
  9. No sound after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after latest Windows 10 update: First off, my sound was working flawlessly, but then the latest Windows 10 update installed and now I don't have any sound from Twitch, YouTube in Edge or Chrome or any video files via a media player. However, I can hear windows sound alerts. So, only the OS sounds are...
  10. Ethernet not working after Windows 10 update

Ethernet not working after Windows 10 update: My ethernet connection stopped working after a Windows 10 update. How do I reload the drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/ethernet-not-working-after-windows-10-update/9e749d85-d0f8-4dd8-82fd-ca81a74e698d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no eithernet or wireless after windows update