Windows 10: No External Monitor on HP 2000 2b89wm laptop

Discus and support No External Monitor on HP 2000 2b89wm laptop in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Ok so I recently updated to Windows 10 but now when I connect my laptop to my external monitor the laptop screen doesn't show up on the external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by crossacid27, Feb 12, 2016.

1. No External Monitor on HP 2000 2b89wm laptop

Ok so I recently updated to Windows 10 but now when I connect my laptop to my external monitor the laptop screen doesn't show up on the external monitor.

My laptop's screen is broken so I can't see anything. The laptop is still on the screen immediately after updating so I could blindly work my way through the update screens, but someone would have to upload pictures of the screens immediately after updating to Windows 10.

Thank you for whoever helps!!!! *Smile

:)

crossacid27, Feb 12, 2016

2. Windows 10 with an external monitor

I've installed Windows 10 on two laptops with an external monitor, no problem. Just be very patient! It takes a while till it will boot up and install windows on the external... I've installed on a HP 2000 and Acer Aspire ?

Krinthalas, Feb 12, 2016
  3. scroll stopped after update to windows 10

Hi Ruth,

I have "HP 2000-2b89WM Notebook PC", and been having the same issue since upgraded to Windows 10. I followed the steps you have here, but the issue persists. Every time I restart the machine the "Scrolling" box is always shown as unchecked. Please screen
    shot below:

No External Monitor on HP 2000 2b89wm laptop [​IMG]

Thank you for your support

AntonIbrahim, Feb 12, 2016
  4. No External Monitor on HP 2000 2b89wm laptop

tanujchadha, Feb 13, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Most Notebooks/Laptops have a key function that toggles between the LCD panel, an external monitor or both at the same time. It's usually the Fn key and another Fx key but could be only an Fx key that does it.

Berton, Feb 13, 2016
  6. Ok so I tried this and nothing happened (before my laptop screen shattered entirely) and nothing popped up (like PC Screen Only, Duplicate, Second Screen Only, Extend).

Idk what will help because I still can't see anything on my laptop screen since it's shattered.

crossacid27, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No External Monitor on HP 2000 2b89wm laptop

1. No External Monitor on HP 2000 2b89wm laptop - Similar Threads - External Monitor 2000

2. Connecting an external monitor to my hp laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting an external monitor to my hp laptop: I need help connecting a Samsung monitor to my hp laptop. I did everything correctly and it's not connecting. What else can I do. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-an-external-monitor-to-my-hp-laptop/271aaf23-8305-4175-835c-9cae9dece960
  3. Connecting an external monitor to my hp laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting an external monitor to my hp laptop: I need help connecting a Samsung monitor to my hp laptop. I did everything correctly and it's not connecting. What else can I do. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-an-external-monitor-to-my-hp-laptop/271aaf23-8305-4175-835c-9cae9dece960
  4. Laptop not detecting external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not detecting external monitor: I'm using a laptop with an RTX 380. I used an external monitor via Hdmi and it worked fine, until I connected a USB webcam. I was receiving a video via the camera app for about 5 seconds. After that, both monitors started flickering black and than the external monitor just...
  5. External monitor is limited by laptop monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitor is limited by laptop monitor?: I use an external monitor for my laptop, and the display is much bigger, but the resolution is limited by the laptop. All of the icons, the taskbar, and the mouse cursor are too big for the size of the monitor, it is as if I'm just using the laptop monitor. I have an NVIDIA...
  6. External Monitor For HP Laptop ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External Monitor For HP Laptop ?: Hello, My Grandson has a 2 year old HP Laptop. Running W10. Not sure of model number, but of course can get in the future. With the at-home schooling now, thought it might be a good idea to get hime a "real" good size monitor for it. Should be better, I would imagine, than...
  7. External Monitor For HP Laptop ?

in Windows 10 Support
    External Monitor For HP Laptop ?: Hello, My Grandson has a 2 year old HP Laptop. Running W10. Not sure of model number, but of course can get in the future. With the at-home schooling now, thought it might be a good idea to get hime a "real" good size monitor for it. Should be better, I would imagine, than...
  8. HP 2000 laptop has no bluetooth connection on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP 2000 laptop has no bluetooth connection on windows 10.: my HP 2000 laptop has no bluetooth connection on windows 10, i went to device manager and can't find bluetooth drivers so i need to learn how can i download them because i need it for work and i'm kind of desperate, Thanks!....
  9. External Monitor - HP - Apps are Blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Monitor - HP - Apps are Blurry: I have a dell inspirion running windows 10. I bought a brand new HP VH240a that works flawlessly with my old dell but when connected to my new Dell, outlook and chrome and other apps are blurry. I have to manually set the resolution to 125% and then log out and log back in....
  10. Laptop External Monitor Problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop External Monitor Problem: A have a HP ProBook 450 G2(2015) connected via HDMI to an external monitor LGM2762D I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10approximately two months ago Every morning when I start the laptop itappears to take approximately 20 minutes to synchronize with my externalmonitor I have...