Windows 10: No factory reset in lenovo pc after downgrading to window 7 from 10.

Discus and support No factory reset in lenovo pc after downgrading to window 7 from 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [img] I have Lenovo Ideacenter Desktop with window 7 OS. Last week, i upgraded it to win 10 and downgraded back to window 7. Now problem is that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by goforsumit, Dec 24, 2015.

1. No factory reset in lenovo pc after downgrading to window 7 from 10.

No factory reset in lenovo pc after downgrading to window 7 from 10. [​IMG]

I have Lenovo Ideacenter Desktop with window 7 OS. Last week, i upgraded it to win 10 and downgraded back to window 7. Now problem is that i am unable to do factory reset (lenovo Green leaves screensaver page) even after restarting and pressing F2 key repeatedly.
    Yesterday i used Auslogics software for registry defragmentation and now my window is not loading .getting start up failed error. when i tried using system restore option...it is not working .(please see screenshot attached .i cant click that box to select local disc C option).
    Can anybody help me .I am basic user with basic knowledge of computers

Thanks in advance

:)

goforsumit, Dec 24, 2015

2. Downgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 7 Pro

I sold 32 Lenovo Ideapads to a client already factory loaded with Windows 10 Home edition. They rejected all saying that their office only works with Windows 7 Pro. I tried to downgrade, but Microsoft does not allow downgrade for PC's that are factory installed
    with Windows 10. The downgrade is only possible if one has upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8 to Windows 10 and later on (within a month) decide to go back to the previous versions.

I do not have the media CD's for Windows 7. Is there any other way one could downgrade. I am stuck with 32 computers! And i cannot seem to be able to procure computers with Windows 7 anymore.

Thanks in advance for a solution.

Haresh

HareshKaramchandani, Dec 24, 2015
  3. T-David Win User
    Unable to upgrade to W10,

The reset will install all the HP software as it was from the factory, so no pure Win 7 . I first had to restore / downgrade to Win 7 and then used the F11 key for the factory reset. If the Win 10 upgrade is not complete you can back though it will take
    some time to clean up. The Windows and HP updates after the factory reset took hours so be prepared if you choose to do so.

T-David, Dec 24, 2015
  4. PJLLB Win User

No factory reset in lenovo pc after downgrading to window 7 from 10.

The screen shot you posted shows the system restore page, not a factory reset page. There would be no system restore points to restore to because system restore was disabled.

PJLLB, Dec 24, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
  6. Kyhi Win User
    That is because the upgrade created an extra partition and knocked out the link to the factory recovery partition...

from a command prompt (admin) Type and hit enter after each command below >

Diskpart
    list disk
    select disk 0
    list partition
    exit
    reagent /info

Then Post a pic of the command prompt window

Kyhi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

No factory reset in lenovo pc after downgrading to window 7 from 10.

1. No factory reset in lenovo pc after downgrading to window 7 from 10. - Similar Threads - factory reset lenovo

2. Windows 7 factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 factory reset: Hello,Since you cannot upgrade to windows 10 anymore, I am stuck with a slow, broken, 2009 windows 7 PC. I My only chance left to be able to use it properly again is to factory reset it. But I can't. I tried to do the methods on here but that is not possible for me:...
  3. Windows 7 factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 factory reset: Hello,Since you cannot upgrade to windows 10 anymore, I am stuck with a slow, broken, 2009 windows 7 PC. I My only chance left to be able to use it properly again is to factory reset it. But I can't. I tried to do the methods on here but that is not possible for me:...
  4. Window 7 not powering on after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 7 not powering on after factory reset: Hello i have a old Eee pc with windows 7 on it and I just went though factory resetting it though the command prompt every thing went normal intell it was done. The laptop turned off and now won’t turn back on and it is not showing lights when I plug it in or lights on the...
  5. Window 7 not powering on after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 7 not powering on after factory reset: Hello i have a old Eee pc with windows 7 on it and I just went though factory resetting it though the command prompt every thing went normal intell it was done. The laptop turned off and now won’t turn back on and it is not showing lights when I plug it in or lights on the...
  6. Downgrading my PC from Windows 10 to Windows 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downgrading my PC from Windows 10 to Windows 7: Hello everyone. I just wanted to ask a simple question, will downgrading my PC from Windows 10 to Windows 7 affect/decrease my computer specs? Like, will it get worse in terms of visual graphics, etc? Also, I want to change to Windows 7 because it's way more simple and...
  7. downgrading from windows 10 to 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    downgrading from windows 10 to 7: hello everyone and thanks for reading i have a hp pavilion dv6 laptop that came with an installed original version of windows 7. i used free upgrade to windows 10 a year ago but my graphic cards drivers dont work properly on windows 10. so i want to go back to windows 7 but...
  8. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7: Hi guys, my name is tom and i have a little problem here after downgrading from win 10 back to win 7. All i know is that it can work on safety mode and teh bsod code os 0x0000007e. Can somebody tell me why is this happening and how to solve it? Btw laptop is Hp Pavillion g6....
  9. Downgrade from 10 to 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade from 10 to 7: Hello all ! Do you know how to downgrade a W10 ( as well as 8.1) pre-installed computer to Windows 7 ? Looks like it's not so easy as booting from a DVD or USB key and installing ! Thanks a lot ! Joss 41706
  10. Downgrade to Windows 7 (NOT from PC Settings)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade to Windows 7 (NOT from PC Settings): I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now i want to downgrade, because the OS gets more and more limiting with every Insider Build and Update (How do you expect locking the Taskbar texture to not be changed to the Taskbar my Classic,XP Luna,and Aero have?) and for gaming...