Windows 10: No file transfer dialogue shows up

Discus and support No file transfer dialogue shows up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know when this first started happening, I just assumed stuff was transferring fast enough for it to not show up (only really moved small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Daktyl, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Daktyl Win User

No file transfer dialogue shows up

I don't know when this first started happening, I just assumed stuff was transferring fast enough for it to not show up (only really moved small things). However, I got a small-ish SSD as a secondary drive for a few important things and want to test the general speed of it... but I can't, because no file transfer dialogue is showing up!!

Any ideas as to why?

:)

Daktyl, Dec 27, 2015
  2. RobLittle Win User

Exception Log dialogue box shows up after manual updating of Win 10 Pro, ver 1709

I have a Dell Latitude E7470 with a 6th gen Intel Core i5 processor. When I first open it up, I manually go to Windows Update, which usually loads the latest Windows Defender antivirus update. Afterwards, an Exception Log dialogue box shows up on my screen.
    It is a long rectangular box that won't open up any further via mouse pointer prodding. It wants to know if I want to send an error message re a "System Error Code 5. Access is denied" When I click Yes, an SMTP box opens near the status bar, then sends a message.
    Afterwards, the screen shows a dialogue box which says the message was successfully sent. I want to know if me manually going to Windows Update is causing this Exception Log box to show up.

RobLittle, Dec 27, 2015
  3. kenque Win User
    Windows 10 Changing the Bluetooth file location

I never get the file transfer in progress message. My phone says the file uploaded to my HP, but the PC remains silent.

kenque, Dec 27, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 27, 2015
  5. Daktyl Win User
    Ah. I know I read that when the notes were release, I guess I just didn't notice it right away so I disregarded (and then forgot about) it. Thanks.

Daktyl, Dec 27, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No file transfer dialogue shows up - Similar Threads - file transfer dialogue

2. My Save As Dialogue is suddenly messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Save As Dialogue is suddenly messed up: When I Save As in any program Word, Powerpoint, Adobe the dialog box no longer looks like it used to and I can't see folders or a navigation pane. I've attached a screen shot of an example. I am using Windows 10. I've tried restoring folder options to default in control...
  3. "Transferred" folder keeps showing up.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Transferred" folder keeps showing up.: I really need some help here. I can't seem to permanently delete a empty "Transferred" folder from my main "Pictures" folder. Every single time I delete it, it reappears in the same spot when I boot my desktop the next morning. I've run out of ideas. Please help. [img] 162063
  4. What is the purpose of the secondary dialogue window when transfering files from one volume...

What is the purpose of the secondary dialogue window when transfering files from one volume...: This has been bugging me for a while. Why is there a secondary informational dialogue window when transferring files from one volume to another. I attached an image. The top box I am familiar with, giving details of files to be transferred and time remaining. The box just...
  5. Transferred Users not showing up on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Transferred Users not showing up on login screen: I transferred from an old PC to a new PC using Zinstall's Winwin software. While the transfer was seemingly completed and the users from the old PC show up under the Users folder with all their data, they do not show up on the login screen.I would really appreciate any help,...
  6. Transferred Users not showing up on login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferred Users not showing up on login screen: I transferred from an old PC to a new PC using Zinstall's Winwin software. While the transfer was seemingly completed and the users from the old PC show up under the Users folder with all their data, they do not show up on the login screen.I would really appreciate any help,...
  7. File operation dialogue

in Windows 10 Support
    File operation dialogue: Has anyone else noticed that if you have maybe 4 or more windows open, for example you are drilling down several levels of folders on a couple of drives, maybe to organise doc's / images...whatever, that most often the file dialogue (the one that asks for confirmation)...
  8. Dialogue box pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dialogue box pop up: I keep receiving a reminder 'googledrivesync.exe is downloading from OneDrive' with 3 files available. They don't even start to download with only button available to 'Cancel'. I have cancelled, dialogue disappears then same dialogue box returns within a few minutes....
  9. Files/Folders not showing up in Select Folder Dialogue Box through Windows Defender

Files/Folders not showing up in Select Folder Dialogue Box through Windows Defender: I have not found an answer to this so far on discussion boards so I hope someone has it here. I have upgraded from a HDD to a Samsung EVO 860 SSD drive. All my folders and files are appearing in Windows Explorer. However when I open select file/folder through Windows...
  10. Speed up USB3 File Transfer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Speed up USB3 File Transfer: I was copying some large Hyper-V vhds to an external ssd from an internal ssd via usb3, and I was getting a sedate 130 MBS even through the ssds can handle close to 500 MB/S and USB3 can handle up to 480 MB/s. Of course, we all know that in the real world, you are lucky if...