no files were in the desktop or in the taskbar

Discus and support no files were in the desktop or in the taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I changed the drive letter but when i rebooted my pc, all my files were intact but no files were in the desktop or in the taskbar, can you help me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mohamine02, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Mohamine02 Win User

I changed the drive letter but when i rebooted my pc, all my files were intact but no files were in the desktop or in the taskbar, can you help me.

:)

Mohamine02, Jul 3, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 3, 2018
  3. Deepak_Krishnan R Win User
    taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jul 3, 2018
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jul 3, 2018
Thema:

1. no files were in the desktop or in the taskbar - Similar Threads - files were desktop

2. backup files from more than 1 machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup files from more than 1 machine: Hi I have several laptops in the family all running windows 10. I have two questions Question1 I want to back them all up to one external drive. When I set up backup options (in settings) it doesn't give me the option to create a folder to put each back up - it just...
  3. need to run a cmd command as administrator within batch file

in Windows 10 Customization
    need to run a cmd command as administrator within batch file: Hey, Probable pretty easy for some of you but after a bit of googling I can't quite figure it out. I need to run a command within CMD as administrator within a batch file which then users can just run. Any ideas would be great. Dan...
  4. Running an uneditable Batch file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Running an uneditable Batch file: Hi people, Got a task to run a certain CMD command on a number of PCs as administrator. So I thought i would create a batch file doing this. This is not the issue. The issue is that I am unable to lock down successfully so people cannot just edit the file to see the admin...
  5. Microsoft plans to release Windows 10 Redstone 5 ISO files for Insiders with next Slow Ring...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft plans to release Windows 10 Redstone 5 ISO files for Insiders with next Slow Ring...: Windows 10 Redstone 5 has been in development since February and there still hasn’t been a single ISO for the Insiders who want a clean installation. Brandon LeBlanc, Senior Program Manager at Microsoft for the Windows Insider Program Team says that Windows 10 Redstone 6...
  6. All my files where deleted from my computer by factory eset

All my files where deleted from my computer by factory eset: I wanted to factory reset my computer, i ONLY wanted to erase games, files that i MADE, and such things. After i factory reset, it asked me if i wanted to keep or delete key files, and i pressed on reject. After, i got logged in as administrator, and as soon as i get logged...
  7. How do I delete a backup that I created using the Back Up Files wizard from another pc?

How do I delete a backup that I created using the Back Up Files wizard from another pc?: I backed up my old Windows 7 PC and then installed it on my new Windows 10 PC. How can I safely remove those back up files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-delete-a-backup-that-i-created-using-the/649436f7-2913-46f4-a34e-262589d36e52
  8. one drive issues sharing filed

one drive issues sharing filed: My employer has shared files in one drive for my to update. I can see the folders on line in one drive, but when I go to save them, they are not accessible....
  9. In which header file may I find WU_E_PT_ECP_SUCCEEDED_WITH_ERRORS ??

In which header file may I find WU_E_PT_ECP_SUCCEEDED_WITH_ERRORS ??: In which header file may I find WU_E_PT_ECP_SUCCEEDED_WITH_ERRORS ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/in-which-header-file-may-i-find/1a884870-590b-4843-9d32-a5e43ba1038c
  10. Trouble with application installation and .dll files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with application installation and .dll files: So I was downloading a game recently but the installation cannot proceed because it keeps saying the following .dll files cannot be found: AnselSDK64.dll & steam_api64.dll. However, the following .dll files are blatantly inside the installation folder already so this error...