Windows 10: no files were in the desktop or in the taskbar

Discus and support no files were in the desktop or in the taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I changed the drive letter but when i rebooted my pc, all my files were intact but no files were in the desktop or in the taskbar, can you help me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mohamine02, Jul 3, 2018.

1. no files were in the desktop or in the taskbar

I changed the drive letter but when i rebooted my pc, all my files were intact but no files were in the desktop or in the taskbar, can you help me.

:)

Mohamine02, Jul 3, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 3, 2018
  3. taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jul 3, 2018
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

no files were in the desktop or in the taskbar

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jul 3, 2018
Thema:

no files were in the desktop or in the taskbar

1. no files were in the desktop or in the taskbar - Similar Threads - files were desktop

2. Desktop OneDrive disappeared along with my files that were mid-sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop OneDrive disappeared along with my files that were mid-sync: Hi!I want to go ahead and lay the ground work.1. My wife had photos on my computer that didn’t automatically sync to OneDrive. She didn’t have the On-Demand switch on.2. I manually moved the mass amount of photos into the Desktop version of OneDrive so it would sync up. 3. I...
  3. Desktop OneDrive disappeared along with my files that were mid-sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop OneDrive disappeared along with my files that were mid-sync: Hi!I want to go ahead and lay the ground work.1. My wife had photos on my computer that didn’t automatically sync to OneDrive. She didn’t have the On-Demand switch on.2. I manually moved the mass amount of photos into the Desktop version of OneDrive so it would sync up. 3. I...
  4. Desktop OneDrive disappeared along with my files that were mid-sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared.: When I turn the computer on this morning, and looked what happened to this, Icons on desktop, taskbar and file explorer are gone. Also, I cannot open the properties for any file on the computer. This gives me a headache and frustrated.LOOK AT THIS PICTUREFirst, Is there's a...
  6. Does the windows.old folder contain the files that were stored on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does the windows.old folder contain the files that were stored on the desktop?: As the title states, I’m currently doing an install of Windows 10 for a friend of mine. Because he has sensitive stuff on his desktop he wants to keep the old files instead of going for a fresh install, I know that when you choose that option it keeps a folder with the old...
  7. Windows 10, File Explorer causing desktop, taskbar & files to refresh

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, File Explorer causing desktop, taskbar & files to refresh: I noticed my taskbar icons and desktop icons were auto-refreshing, but it only happens when I have opened File Explorer. I have alot of files that are PDF and I recently received a notification saying that due to an error, the pdf viewer reset to default. Now whenever I open...
  8. apps are not on start bar, taskbar to desktop is gone, apps are on desktop files and...

apps are not on start bar, taskbar to desktop is gone, apps are on desktop files and...: I found some fixes but nothing worked this happened today using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-are-not-on-start-bar-taskbar-to-desktop-is/6b192c83-f1bd-464e-afe7-2cf048bcfbb1
  9. ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ALL FILES WERE CORRUPTED: FIRST OF ALL, I FORMATTED MY DISK DRIVES, AND I TRIED TO RECOVER THEM BY REMO RECOVER SOFTWARE. I GOT ALL MY FILES BACK.. BUT EVERYTHING WAS CORRUPTED... I EVEN CANT OPEN EXE FILES. IT SAYS " THIS APP CANT RUN ON YOUR PC" IS THERE ANY WAY OF RECOVERING MY CORRUPTED...
  10. File Manager: were is it now?

File Manager: were is it now?: I can't locate File Manager anymore. After the update week of 9-17-2018 had to do a reinstall on Windows 10. Originally was W7 and did the W10 update last year. Since the new install all kinds of things are different or gone. Is this another preW10 legacy setting that was...