Windows 10: No "General" tab in router properties in File Explorer's "Network"

Discus and support No "General" tab in router properties in File Explorer's "Network" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, there's a location in File Explorer on Windows 10 you can go to called "Network." In this place, you can go to your router properties, and change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by P4risAndStuff, Dec 2, 2016.

1. No "General" tab in router properties in File Explorer's "Network"

So, there's a location in File Explorer on Windows 10 you can go to called "Network." In this place, you can go to your router properties, and change some settings. Originally, a "General" tab was appearing in these router properties, and you could change some "settings" by clicking a button on that tab, and basically with the settings window that would appear, you could map ports/port forward. However, for some reason, (and I don't know what I did...) this "General" tab is no longer appearing in router properties. All I think I did was open up router properties and close it once, and i don't know, it's just gone, all I see is some router info in a "Network Device" tab.

The general tab normally looked like this:

So, what can I do to get this general tab back? I don't understand why it's gone.

:)

P4risAndStuff, Dec 2, 2016
  2. atikuruu Win User

5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

WHAT CAN I DO NOW

atikuruu, Dec 2, 2016
  3. Adee247 Win User
    5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

I also cannot save any new music to my gallery. I can find it under Applications and File Manager, but cannot see this music in the Gallery. when I refresh my library, I get an error say "file is corrupted" and no new files were added. I don't think it is
    my sd card as it still saves new files. No problem with pictures.

Pls help. I realy love my Nokia, but this is killing it for me as I can't add new music to my library and create new playlists...

Thanks

Adee247, Dec 2, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

No "General" tab in router properties in File Explorer's "Network"

You do not get your router properties in the Network devices that show up in Explorer. It is just Windows pulling UPNP info for you to be able to click on the Icon and open up the browser, so that you can log into the device. Not all network devices can be accessed when shown in Explorer.

There is nothing wrong with Windows. If you want to go to a Network share, then you need to map it.

bro67, Dec 3, 2016
  5. Ok, so what will I need to map?

P4risAndStuff, Dec 3, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    A network share (ie folder on a NAS or another computer).

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No "General" tab in router properties in File Explorer's "Network"

1. No "General" tab in router properties in File Explorer's "Network" - Similar Threads - General tab router

2. White Search Bar and properties tab in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Search Bar and properties tab in file explorer: I am getting this error after installing a new theme I have tried to revert to the original theme and switching between light and dark mode, this error only shows in dark mode...
  3. White Search Bar and properties tab in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White Search Bar and properties tab in file explorer: I am getting this error after installing a new theme I have tried to revert to the original theme and switching between light and dark mode, this error only shows in dark mode...
  4. White Search Bar and properties tab in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to see my router under the Network tab in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to see my router under the Network tab in file explorer: Hello, I'm trying to port forward so I can get open NAT type it is currently strict to play with my friends in Call Of Duty: Black Ops III. I tried to port forward through my routers site, but I had no luck with that, I watched some tutorials and all tutorials show that you...
  6. Unable to see my router under the Network tab in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to see my router under the Network tab in file explorer: Hello, I'm trying to port forward so I can get open NAT type it is currently strict to play with my friends in Call Of Duty: Black Ops III. I tried to port forward through my routers site, but I had no luck with that, I watched some tutorials and all tutorials show that you...
  7. File Properties \ General

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Properties \ General: When you right-click on a file, click on Properties > General tab, at its bottom is Security. I am not referring to the Security tab; I am referring to Security at the bottom of the General tab. When you click "Unblock", that entire line of Security disappears. Apparently,...
  8. Unable to see my router under the Network tab in file explorer

Unable to see my router under the Network tab in file explorer: Hi, I am currently trying to do some port forwarding and I am unable to see my router. I am in the attic and the router is on the ground floor, so there are Devolo hubs connected to the wall sockets around the house (I am able to see them under "Network Infrastructure")....
  9. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties: When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and 'Previous Versions'. You may have noticed that the "Read-Only" box is checked. I tried to uncheck it, and uncheck other boxes in...
  10. Tabs missing from Drive properties in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tabs missing from Drive properties in File Explorer: in this pc my driver haven't the capacity details and in peroperties aren't the former tabs.i attach the picture. please help me fix this [ATTACH] ***Original title: deappearing driver peroperties***...