Windows 10: No gpedit.msc, cant turn of windows defender.

Discus and support No gpedit.msc, cant turn of windows defender. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows defender turned on when i didnt need or want it to. there Isn't a turn off button other than in gpedit.msc. win+r to run gpedit.msc, says it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VenKazi, Sep 3, 2016.

1. VenKazi Win User

No gpedit.msc, cant turn of windows defender.

Windows defender turned on when i didnt need or want it to. there Isn't a turn off button other than in gpedit.msc.
    win+r to run gpedit.msc, says it cant find it. I even looked where the msc should be and its not there.

:)

VenKazi, Sep 3, 2016

2. Cant enable Denfender in windows 10 and have no group policy

Windows Defender suddenly turned itself off. I cant turn it on because it says contact your security administrator to enable via group policy. I have followed all the advise about trying to edit group policy but it says cant find "gpedit.msc". In the meantime
    I have dozens of new notifications about malware detected (Trojans on my machine) but I cant get to defender to do do anything about it.

ava-goforitt, Sep 3, 2016
  3. windows defender missing in gpedit.msc in windows 10

I have an ASUS laptop pre-installed with windows 10.I tried turning on windows defender but it is disabled. There is no gpedit.msc found in windows search. So I installed gpedit.msc from an external source but it is not showing windows defender folder
    in windows components.Is there any other way to enable windows defender? please help.

vamsikrishnakarjala, Sep 3, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Group Policy and gpedit.msc are only in Windows 10 Pro and above. If the version is shown as Windows 10 with no other designation it will be the home edition that does not have it. It cannot be added. It is not just gpedit.msc but the infrastructure that supports it that is missing.

LMiller7, Sep 3, 2016
  5. VenKazi Win User
    okay but how do i turn windows defender off?, i cant use services

VenKazi, Sep 3, 2016
  6. VenKazi Win User
    Turns out that all i had to do was run a trainer, which promted norton. This action told windows defender to turn off becuase there was already an AV program.

VenKazi, Sep 3, 2016
  7. juntjoo Win User
    what is running a trainer? I've heard of running a train(never participated). And can you do this without installing norton or any other antivirus software? I'm trying to eliminate any background apps on this slow system I have

juntjoo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No gpedit.msc, cant turn of windows defender. - Similar Threads - gpedit msc cant

2. I cant turn on windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant turn on windows defender: help please [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-cant-turn-on-windows-defender/9728c641-b905-400f-9dff-6b03936c23a7
  3. Cant turn off Defender or Antimalware.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant turn off Defender or Antimalware.: I've tried all the ways on the web to turn off Defender and Antimalware. But I can't kill either application. Antimalware runs all the time taking a lot of resources....
  4. Windows Defender is turned off and i cant turn it back on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender is turned off and i cant turn it back on: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/unforgivableaf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hypkcb/windows_defender_is_turned_off_and_i_cant_turn_it/
  5. Cant turn on my Windows Defender

Cant turn on my Windows Defender: my virus and threat protection is turned off and I cant turn it on because the security is managed by an administrator. Im the only one who uses my computer and I can do anything except manage my security....
  6. Cant turn on windows defender

Cant turn on windows defender: Hello everyone, I downloaded the pycharm software to program in python and the windows defender blocked to install the interpeter. The program asked me to turn off manually or it can disable automaticly and i chose the 2nd one. When i was done i wanted to turn back on the...
  7. i cant turn on my windows defender and firewall

i cant turn on my windows defender and firewall: i've been a lurker on reddit for years, but i made an account just so i can make this post because this issue has been bothering me a lot. ever since yesterday, my windows defender and firewall are completely unable to be turned on, if i turn the real time protection it goes...
  8. CANT TURN WINDOWS DEFENDER ON? WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    CANT TURN WINDOWS DEFENDER ON? WINDOWS 10: CANT TURN WINDOWS DEFENDER ON? CANT BACK UP OR RECOVER CANT UPDATE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-windows-defender-on-windows-10/3c08fb11-693c-4a93-b9a6-ff4044a39066
  9. All is turned off in windows defender and cant turn it on

All is turned off in windows defender and cant turn it on: In my windows defender all is turned off and i cant turn them back on again[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/all-is-turned-off-in-windows-defender-and-cant/d820ea64-f91a-4a67-85c3-72074c7b041d
  10. windows defender cant turn on

windows defender cant turn on: hai, i have some problem with my windows defender, i didnt remember if i turn off my windows defender but it seems my windows defender are off. when i tried to turn it on it didnt turn like as usually, and when i try to run a quick scan (in hope it will turn on automatically)...
Tags: