Windows 10: no HDMI signal

Discus and support no HDMI signal in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have an ASUS monitor and ASUS desktop with a graphics card not on board graphics. I have an HDMI cable from the monitor to the video card. Today for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by bha19, Jan 15, 2016.

1. bha19 Win User

no HDMI signal

I have an ASUS monitor and ASUS desktop with a graphics card not on board graphics. I have an HDMI cable from the monitor to the video card. Today for the first time while on the internet my screen froze and then went blue saying no HDMI signal. I tried everything but still no signal. I then tried my VGA cable and all was working. I then tried my HDMI cable again and it worked until this afternoon when I was watching a video on the internet and the screen froze and said no HDMI signal. also when this happened I could hear my fan running loudly. Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

:)

bha19, Jan 15, 2016

2. Got VGA no signal (HDMI no signal) error after last Windows 10 Insider Preview update

As what SergeiMerchenko mentioned, though your hardware is not outdated, you may be facing compatibility issues on your monitor and computer. The graphics card that you have in your computer may no longer be compatible with your
    Windows 10 Operating System. We suggest that you consult with the computer manufacturer and see what options you have in getting the graphics card with your new
    Windows 10 OS.

Regards.

Freddrick Pal, Jan 15, 2016
  3. Got VGA no signal (HDMI no signal) error after last Windows 10 Insider Preview update

Hi,

Since you are having challenges with your computer displaying No Signal after installing the latest update for
    build: 14955, let us go ahead and try to boot your computer to
    Safe Mode with Networking

This way, only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started and we can access the Internet to troubleshoot any issues existing on your graphics card driver. Click on the link below to know how you can perform this step:

Advanced startup options (including safe mode)

Let us know how it goes.

Freddrick Pal, Jan 15, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

no HDMI signal

Happen to have another HDMI cable to try ? Chances it can be bad or connections on either end.

jds63, Jan 15, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    GPU might be overheating.

CountMike, Jan 21, 2016
  6. bha19 Win User
    I have switched the cable and seems to be working for now.

bha19, Jan 21, 2016
  7. jds63 Win User
    O.k. let's see how it goes, hopefully it was this and not hardware related. You can use this to check and monitor your temps for awhile, pick the appropriate one 32 or 64 bit HWiNFO - Hardware Information, Analysis and Monitoring Tools
    Guess i missed the part with fan running fast ,assuming you meant the Graphics Card Fan not the Case Fan or the CPU Fan ?

jds63, Jan 21, 2016
  8. bha19 Win User

no HDMI signal

1) not sure which fan, but does seem quieter since I switched. It seems that the fan was running fast at times before.
    2) I installed and ran hwinfo but did not see any red flags. I assume that is what happens if something is wrong.

bha19, Jan 22, 2016
  9. jds63 Win User
    If you can and this should be done at least monthly, open the case and clean all fans and other dust from case with canned air. Also monitor temps and fan speeds awhile to see if any changes, especially when you hear fan again. Can use this free program and there are others you can use HWMonitor, i find this one HWInfo shows more.

Would be good to post what you may of felt was fine for temps. so we can see to (screen capture).

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

no HDMI signal

1. no HDMI signal - Similar Threads - HDMI signal

2. How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?: Hi,The system set up is a Windows 10/11 PC with an external monitor connected through either HDMI or DP cable. I want to test a monitor driver feature which should trigger a new video signal output from Windows to the monitor. When I do it manually, I install the monitor...
  3. How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force windows re-establish video signal output to either HDMI or DP connected monitor?: Hi,The system set up is a Windows 10/11 PC with an external monitor connected through either HDMI or DP cable. I want to test a monitor driver feature which should trigger a new video signal output from Windows to the monitor. When I do it manually, I install the monitor...
  4. No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update: Hi,I've just updated Windows with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. As soon as the laptop restarted I did not get HDMI singal in my second monitor to which I connect via USB-C.Can you please help me?thank you...
  5. No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update

No HDMI signal via USB-C to my second monitor after win update: Hi,I've just updated Windows with 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853. As soon as the laptop restarted I did not get HDMI singal in my second monitor to which I connect via USB-C.Can you please help me?thank you...
  6. Impossible problem with no solution "No HDMI signal from your device" but my computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible problem with no solution "No HDMI signal from your device" but my computer...: Dear all,I have been so happy because I purchase a new computer screen. Namely the Dell U2723QE. Super excited.It should have been an easy plug and play, but it still does not work. My computer is a surface laptop 2 consumer model 1769 i5. I am using an HDMI to min display...
  7. Impossible problem with no solution "No HDMI signal from your device" but my computer...

Impossible problem with no solution "No HDMI signal from your device" but my computer...: Dear all,I have been so happy because I purchase a new computer screen. Namely the Dell U2723QE. Super excited.It should have been an easy plug and play, but it still does not work. My computer is a surface laptop 2 consumer model 1769 i5. I am using an HDMI to min display...
  8. pc no hdmi signal on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc no hdmi signal on boot: after getting an black screen my pc is not booting my ram and c drive works 100% percent because im using an differant computer with it can some one help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-no-hdmi-signal-on-boot/a56a365f-d813-42e0-a635-b9ce38bdec94
  9. pc no hdmi signal on boot

pc no hdmi signal on boot: after getting an black screen my pc is not booting my ram and c drive works 100% percent because im using an differant computer with it can some one help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-no-hdmi-signal-on-boot/a56a365f-d813-42e0-a635-b9ce38bdec94
  10. pc no hdmi signal on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no hdmi signal windows 10 1809

2. NO DMI SIGNAL POST 1809 UPDATE