Windows 10: No "Hey Cortana" option in Settings

Discus and support No "Hey Cortana" option in Settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows 10. When I select the Settings option there is not an option to turn on Hey Cortana. The first option is "Cortana can give you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Puzzled, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Puzzled Win User

No "Hey Cortana" option in Settings

I have Windows 10. When I select the Settings option there is not an option to turn on Hey Cortana. The first option is "Cortana can give you suggestions..." and the second is "Device search history". Can anyone please tell me where to find the option to turn on "Hey Cortana" as it should be under Settings according tot he sites I have read. Thank you

:)

Puzzled, Jan 6, 2016
  2. Cyberkil Win User

Dolby keeps turning off by itself in Windows 10

It's the "Hey Cortana" function that's causing the problem... click on cortana, then notebook then settings and turn off the hey cortana option... Enjoy!!!

Cyberkil, Jan 6, 2016
  3. farby Win User
    "Hey Cortana"

Yes, the application is not available thru' the link .. but did you check under settings whether its already there or not ? The availability depends on your phone model and region ..

farby, Jan 6, 2016
  4. derekimo Win User

derekimo, Jan 6, 2016
  5. Puzzled Win User
    I think that must have been the answer.
    In playing around further, after posting my question, during one aspect of checking settings I had turned on the 'location'.
    The when I looked at the Settings in following your suggestions, the "Hey Cortana' was present.
    So, thanks derekimo, my problem is resolved.

Puzzled, Jan 7, 2016
  6. 51N1573R Win User
    i just dont get it no matter where i look i cant find a real answer i have location on i have cortana allowed to use location I STILL HAVE NO OPTION TO ENABLE CORTANA nor does cortana work AT ALL pls some one help

51N1573R, Jul 25, 2017
  7. You do not have search turned off do you?

Josey Wales, Jul 25, 2017
  8. No "Hey Cortana" option in Settings

I do not understand why this thread has been marked solved?

Josey Wales, Jul 25, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Could be.... *Wink

Brink, Jul 25, 2017
  10. 51N1573R Win User
    i finally got it to work by going into the regedit and giving the bing search and hey cortana options 1 instead of 0 / and the LOCATION setting have nothing to do with the issue when they are on the options are NOT there until after going thru regedit

51N1573R, Jul 31, 2017
  11. 51N1573R Win User
    no i had everything that i had available on / all options were missing untill i edited the registry

51N1573R, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No "Hey Cortana" option in Settings - Similar Threads - Hey Cortana option

2. Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Hey Cortana: Two days ago, I had Hey Cortana. It was set up and running fine. Cortana appeared in Settings and all was well. Yesterday, I had the old version back and had to sign back in. Cortana had disappeared from Settings and the "Hey Cortana" option was gone. Cortana is now...
  3. Hey Cortana??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hey Cortana??: So this is a serious bug which I am experiencing from the past few weeks..... I cant type in Cortana search bar/ windows settings search bar....... this getting serious as I am having trouble finding my files and apps....... any help regarding this would be appreciated :-)...
  4. Hey cortana and cortana option is missing in setting

in Cortana
    Hey cortana and cortana option is missing in setting: I am using windows 10 home... In this windows i dont see hey cortana activation and cortana option in setting.. Is this any problem in update or not available in windows 10 home?...
  5. Hey cortana

in Cortana
    Hey cortana: Hi guys. I can not change the setting for Let cortana respond to "hey cortana" It is off at the moment. I can find the setting to change it but it is not lit up and i can not click on it. I have attached a picture. Please help. Thanks [IMG]...
  6. " Hey Cortana" no option

in Cortana
    " Hey Cortana" no option: Trying to set up "Hey Cortana" Unable to.. I see no options. When I click Windows+C it does pop up.. I have check setting over and over and no option to turn on "Hey Cortana" When I turn on Cortana and check setting from there I see " Wake word invocation is currently...
  7. Hey, Cortana!

in Cortana
    Hey, Cortana!: Apparently I can´t find nowhere the settings for the command Hey, Cortana! Did they disabled the feature? Windows 10 home -ver. 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-cortana/ed5cc79b-5cb3-4ae3-90e6-bfbc87aa32a7"
  8. Cortana not respon to hey cortana

in Cortana
    Cortana not respon to hey cortana: My cortana not respond to Hey Cortana. I need to press windows+c key or the icon to activate it to start talking. Cortana still respond to hey cortana last week. [ATTACH]...
  9. Hey cortana

in Cortana
    Hey cortana: I have a Lumia 650 mobile. How can I get hey Cortana installed, I have Cortana but I want the 'upgraded version'. Any ideas? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-cortana/5e3f71c9-490c-48c4-b72b-7477f09acd77"
  10. Cortana set to respond to "Hey Cortana' by anyone and have it set to not sleep

in Cortana
    Cortana set to respond to "Hey Cortana' by anyone and have it set to not sleep: I have Cortana set to respond to "Hey Cortana' by anyone and have it set to not sleep. However - I still have to select the "microphone" on the Cortana search bar to activate her listening. How do I make it so that she is always listening and I do not have to manual select...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no hey cortana option

2. no setting in notebook hey cortana

3. hey cortana setting missing

4. hey cortana option not there