Windows 10: no hibernate mode

Discus and support no hibernate mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, For some weeks now, my PC (version 1809) will not sleep on it's own and if I set it to sleep, I find it awake later. If I leave for work or go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SGarv, Jan 28, 2020.

1. SGarv Win User

no hibernate mode

Hello,
    For some weeks now, my PC (version 1809) will not sleep on it's own and if I set it to sleep, I find it awake later. If I leave for work or go to bed I have been shutting down just to ease my mind about what is happening. Why won't my PC sleep any more?
    Thanks!

:)

SGarv, Jan 28, 2020

2. Hibernate mode

I have my laptop set to hibernate mode when I close the lid. It worked fine with Windows 8 but since the upgrade to Windows 10 the laptop has no power after closing the lid and opening it hours later. In settings, it does show that it is suppose to go
    into hibernate mode when lid is closed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mogulman1(2), Jan 28, 2020
  3. "Shutting Down" to "Hibernate"

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the device drivers status in Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Check if any of the drivers have warning message(Yellow triangle with exclamatory mark).

Step 2: Start the computer in Safe mode, try to shutdown and check if the sleep mode/ hibernate is working fine.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 28, 2020
  4. frankykz Win User

no hibernate mode

hibernate mode failure

hi,

I have a problem using the hibernate mode in windows 10. When I hibernate my laptop, it reboots. I used to hibernate my laptop successfully but now that seems to fail. I have tried every possible way to fix it as suggested from various sites but non seems
    to work.

Please help!

frankykz, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

no hibernate mode

1. no hibernate mode - Similar Threads - hibernate mode

2. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on: I know that there have been many variations of this question on these forums throughout the years. My Windows 10 PC version 22H2, build 19045.4170 has a periodic issue that has been driving me nuts because I've read most of the suggestions on how to fix it, etc.What occurs is...
  3. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on: I know that there have been many variations of this question on these forums throughout the years. My Windows 10 PC version 22H2, build 19045.4170 has a periodic issue that has been driving me nuts because I've read most of the suggestions on how to fix it, etc.What occurs is...
  4. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my windows 11 hp PC wake itself up from hibernate mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my windows 11 hp PC wake itself up from hibernate mode?: After I put pc in hibernate, because I plan not to use it for hours, it always wakes itself up, sometimes within minutes. I restart it, then it will stay in hibernate, but I shouldn't have to do that every time, I think that may be too hard on the pc to have to do that...
  6. Why does my windows 11 hp PC wake itself up from hibernate mode?

Why does my windows 11 hp PC wake itself up from hibernate mode?: After I put pc in hibernate, because I plan not to use it for hours, it always wakes itself up, sometimes within minutes. I restart it, then it will stay in hibernate, but I shouldn't have to do that every time, I think that may be too hard on the pc to have to do that...
  7. PC does not respond to mouse or keyboard in hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC does not respond to mouse or keyboard in hibernation/sleep mode.: I have Windows 11 factory installed on my PC. When left unattended it will go into whatever power setting, I have selected but when I try to wake it up it will not respond to any command from the keyboard or mouse. It is locked or frozen. I have switched monitors and get the...
  8. PC does not respond to mouse or keyboard in hibernation/sleep mode.

PC does not respond to mouse or keyboard in hibernation/sleep mode.: I have Windows 11 factory installed on my PC. When left unattended it will go into whatever power setting, I have selected but when I try to wake it up it will not respond to any command from the keyboard or mouse. It is locked or frozen. I have switched monitors and get the...
  9. wifi device timeout after sleep mode/hibernation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi device timeout after sleep mode/hibernation?: Wifi device seems to timeout, after having lid shut throughout the day I open my computer to find no ssid available, wifi showing enabled, turning off and back on fixes issue but would like a permanent solution, any suggestions...
  10. wifi device timeout after sleep mode/hibernation?

wifi device timeout after sleep mode/hibernation?: Wifi device seems to timeout, after having lid shut throughout the day I open my computer to find no ssid available, wifi showing enabled, turning off and back on fixes issue but would like a permanent solution, any suggestions...