Windows 10: No history in Internet Explorer

Discus and support No history in Internet Explorer in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I read somewhere that Internet Explorer is really part of Windows (7, 8, 8.1, 10). So should I ask questions about Explorer 11 on this forum or an... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by doncole, Sep 17, 2016.

1. doncole Win User

No history in Internet Explorer

I read somewhere that Internet Explorer is really part of Windows (7, 8, 8.1, 10).
    So should I ask questions about Explorer 11 on this forum or an Explorer 11 forum?

Problem is when I hit the star in the upper right hand corner the Favorites tab is ok, the Feeds tab has nothing in it. (I don't care).
    However the History tab always has nothing inside even if I browse.

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Sep 17, 2016

2. History is missing in Internet Explorer 11

OT- history

There is no history on the internet explorer

ShirleyMoore108, Sep 17, 2016
  3. IE shuts down frequently.

Try resetting Internet Explorer

Clear your Internet Explorer browser history

Clear your Internet Explorer cache.

Check for Windows or Internet explorer updates

Rony_khurana, Sep 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, is it too obvious to suggest:

No history in Internet Explorer [​IMG]

Delete browsing history on exit
    is checked

Or are you running your browser in a sand box?

Nomenclature: Internet Explorer (IE) is never just 'explorer', whilst explorer.exe = 'File explorer' now- what used to be just 'explorer'.

dalchina, Sep 17, 2016
  5. doncole Win User
    Thank you dalchina, *Smile

Sorry I took so long to respond.
    I get to the window you showed me.
    Delete browsing history on exit is unchecked.
    It still doesn't register any history.
    Because I don't so see so well, I set the Custom scaling level to 160% larger than it should be. The result is some of the buttons and checkboxes fall off screen.
    So to test this I logged on as a different user 2.
    The scaling level here is 100% (normal).
    And low and behold the IE history is working ok.

As a test I set 1 back to 100%. There still is no history.

Maybe I should use 2 as my default user. This is going to create bunch of new problems.
    Is there a way I can transfer 1 setting to 2 setting?

What do you suggest?

Don Cole

doncole, Sep 21, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    And you were so close to an answer for 'Feeds', did you but know it. Just three tabs along under the 'Content' tab is where you find the Feeds settings.

7. Bree New Member
    Of course, to test it all works and to put some items on your 'Feeds' tab you need to click on an RSS feed somewhere and 'subscribe' to it. Here's one you can test it with...

Windows Experience Blog -

8. Bree New Member

The blank History may be down to the 'number of days to keep' having been set to zero some time ago for doncole1, while doncole2 worked because, as a new account, it had the default setting of 20 days. On the Internet Options 'General' tab, click the 'settings' button. On the 'History' tab is where to set how many days are kept.

9. dalchina New Member
    Good observation.. and check Bree's useful suggestion on days to keep.
    There's no easy way to transfer settings or data from user to user - this involves registry settings and folder structures and permissions, and even how programs were originally installed- to start for all users or current user.

Have a look at these ideas:
    Browsing History Not Being Recorded
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-in...story-settings
    (Some of this echoes the basic steps we've suggested)
    Internet Explorer FAQ - IE11: History pane shows blank and only the search option

dalchina, Sep 21, 2016
  10. William Dingh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No history in Internet Explorer - Similar Threads - history Internet Explorer

2. Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history: In Windows 11 Enterprise Edition when going to:Win+EThree DotsOptionsTab "General"Section "Privacy"Button "Clear"The expectation is that using the Clear button will erase all File Explorer History. However when pressing the Clear button nothing is being erased and all files...
  3. Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer - Clear File Explorer History, does not clear history: In Windows 11 Enterprise Edition when going to:Win+EThree DotsOptionsTab "General"Section "Privacy"Button "Clear"The expectation is that using the Clear button will erase all File Explorer History. However when pressing the Clear button nothing is being erased and all files...
  4. Internet history scroll bar.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet history scroll bar.: I scrolled down using the scroll bar at breakneck speed to get to bottom of long list of internet history. Next time I used laptop my history had disappeared! Anyone experienced this?...
  5. Internet history scroll bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet history scroll bar.: I scrolled down using the scroll bar at breakneck speed to get to bottom of long list of internet history. Next time I used laptop my history had disappeared! Anyone experienced this?...
  6. Internet history scroll bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. internet history?

internet history?: how do I remove my internet history? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-history/824255a5-5937-4f02-8c82-696600ec7956
  8. internet history?

internet history?: how do I remove my internet history? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/internet-history/824255a5-5937-4f02-8c82-696600ec7956
  9. Why can't I view my browsing history in Internet Explorer?

Why can't I view my browsing history in Internet Explorer?: Why can't I view my browsing history in Internet Explorer? I'm using Windows 10. The box beside Delete History Upon Exiting is NOT checked. The only History option under Favorites is Search History but that doesn't do anything - I can't search browsing history either....
  10. Can't delete Internet Explorer 11 browsing history

in Browsers and Email
    Can't delete Internet Explorer 11 browsing history: Sometimes, I can't delete Internet Explorer 11 browsing history until the system is restarted. [img] 20070

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no history internet explorer