Windows 10: No icon on tile

Discus and support No icon on tile in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I pin the Crome exe to start menu all is well, but if I change the size to small it will lose the icon and tile is faded? Anyone have a fix for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zplugger, Dec 1, 2015.

1. zplugger Win User

No icon on tile

When I pin the Crome exe to start menu all is well, but if I change the size to small it will lose the icon and tile is faded? Anyone have a fix for this?

:)

zplugger, Dec 1, 2015

2. how do I get stuff off my home screen

Tap and hold the tile. You will see two icons appear on the tile. The arrow icon will let you resize the tile. The pushpin icon will let you delete the tile.

Mark

Mark Boyce, Dec 1, 2015
  3. loyall Win User
    How can I make Start Menu icons uniform size?

I do not understand your reply. My tiles are all uniform size. The tiles do not need adjusting. Two of the icons within the tiles are very much larger than all the Windows icons. Is there a way to make all the icons the same size as the Libre Office and
    Windows icons?

loyall, Dec 1, 2015
  4. No icon on tile

I need a fix for this as well. It showed up fine until i updated to the November Update. Now when sized to small the icon goes away and the tile becomes faded. I would definitely like a fix for this.

JoshuaVL1988, Dec 2, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    Given that Chrome is a competitor to Internet Explorer and Edge I'd assume Google is wanting to keep itself "in your face" and has changed the embedded icon which gives the results you see.

Berton, Dec 2, 2015
  6. zplugger Win User
    Works in medium size, just not small icon?

zplugger, Dec 2, 2015
  7. zplugger Win User
    New Chrome update 47.02526 fixed the problem

zplugger, Dec 2, 2015
  8. Wynona Win User

No icon on tile

Good. Now you need to mark the thread as solved. *Smile

Wynona, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No icon on tile

1. No icon on tile - Similar Threads - icon tile

2. Windows Explorer hangs and crashes previewing SVG files, eg. preview / tiles / icon view is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer hangs and crashes previewing SVG files, eg. preview / tiles / icon view is...: - This occurs on both of my laptops.- Both of my laptops have Windows 11 Home, Powertoys 76.2 but issue also with the previous versions of Powertoys- This only started AFTER allowing the most recent set of Windows 11 Home updates which I held off on for a couple months until...
  3. Windows Explorer hangs and crashes previewing SVG files, eg. preview / tiles / icon view is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer hangs and crashes previewing SVG files, eg. preview / tiles / icon view is...: - This occurs on both of my laptops.- Both of my laptops have Windows 11 Home, Powertoys 76.2 but issue also with the previous versions of Powertoys- This only started AFTER allowing the most recent set of Windows 11 Home updates which I held off on for a couple months until...
  4. Start Menu Tile section New Icons not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Tile section New Icons not appearing: HI All,I need few new web shortcuts in start menu but its not appearing. we copied relevant files under "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\start shortcuts"We have an xml file which will help us to organize the shortcuts like, column and row and category Web...
  5. Start Menu Tile section New Icons not appearing

Start Menu Tile section New Icons not appearing: HI All,I need few new web shortcuts in start menu but its not appearing. we copied relevant files under "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\start shortcuts"We have an xml file which will help us to organize the shortcuts like, column and row and category Web...
  6. Start Menu Tile section New Icons not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows Start Menu couldn't be opened. I restarted PC. My Start Menu icon tiles are now gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start Menu couldn't be opened. I restarted PC. My Start Menu icon tiles are now gone.: As titled said. It will **NOT** be reset again if I put things on it, only my old icon tiles were gone. Can it be restored? What it looks like now: https://i.imgur.com/4QHcoJV.png Windows version: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.2728 I'm not sure what other information I should...
  8. Windows Start Menu couldn't be opened. I restarted PC. My Start Menu icon tiles are now gone.

Windows Start Menu couldn't be opened. I restarted PC. My Start Menu icon tiles are now gone.: As titled said. It will **NOT** be reset again if I put things on it, only my old icon tiles were gone. Can it be restored? What it looks like now: https://i.imgur.com/4QHcoJV.png Windows version: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 19045.2728 I'm not sure what other information I should...
  9. Windows Start Menu couldn't be opened. I restarted PC. My Start Menu icon tiles are now gone.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. desktop changes to tile view photo and icons dissappear until I click the show desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop changes to tile view photo and icons dissappear until I click the show desktop...: throughout the day my desktop photo will change.It will look normal, photo showing on entire desktop with my icons.then the pic will randomly change to just the center and the left and right sides are a color. It is whatever color I have picked if I were to use just a color...