Windows 10: No icons, All Apps or even Search will give me VS Community aftr instl

Discus and support No icons, All Apps or even Search will give me VS Community aftr instl in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Not sure if this is a Win10 bug (I think so) or VS Community (replaces Visual Studio Express). I installed it (VS Community) and after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Melk, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Melk Win User

No icons, All Apps or even Search will give me VS Community aftr instl

Hi,

Not sure if this is a Win10 bug (I think so) or VS Community (replaces Visual Studio Express).

I installed it (VS Community) and after a successful installation, it rebooted (twice actually) and when I couldn't find any icons related to it on the desktop, I searched the [All apps] section of the start menu, and also searched using the magnifying glass icon.

There are NO saved shortcuts for me to use at all.... I decided to look in the folder I chose for the installation and found devenv.exe in (x:\Visual Studio\Common7\IDE\) which seems to work... but I have NO clues as to what other tools are available to me (tons of .exe, just no idea what they're for).

Is this something that has happened to others (using Visual studio or any other applications)?

Thanks in advance for *any* input that might allow me to find out what's going on my setup, or Win10. (Thinking of reinstalling windows completely (fresh) but I'll wait 'till they fix a few more thing before doing that).

I'm using Win10 Pro, installed an older (5 years or so) Win7 installation. Everything else seems to be working fine. I previously installed other applications on this setup and the Icons always showed up on the desktop (I usually don't select <Add application to start menu>, but VS didn't ask me as it always does). So this is perhaps just VS Community... not sure.

Again, thx again *Smile

edited for typos/clarity(hopefully)

:)

2. whats dis 805a01f4 code how can i install wats app??

How can I instl windows apps

sravani170717, Sep 14, 2015
  3. 3hintu Win User
    dictionary

i want to instl free english oxford dictionary in my c5-00.2 mobile. But dn't fine any wr. Can somebody tell me where should i search ?

3hintu, Sep 14, 2015
Thema:

No icons, All Apps or even Search will give me VS Community aftr instl

1. No icons, All Apps or even Search will give me VS Community aftr instl - Similar Threads - icons Apps Search

2. When i try to search something,it gives me something different

in Windows 10 Support
    When i try to search something,it gives me something different: when i try to search for something, example "when",i will get Shampoo for Dandruff and all the stuff which i dint serch for.i really dont know what is going on, help me. 129245
  3. axwindowsmwdiaplayer not working in vb vs community 2017

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    axwindowsmwdiaplayer not working in vb vs community 2017: how do I get mediaplayer working on a form in visual basic vs217. the previous version before the update .9.9 worked and not even a window pops up when you start desktop applet when you include a media player, ax or norm. says has /link but I cant work out how to do it....
  4. Cannot create UWP apps in VS Community 2015 & Cannot install WIN10 SDK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create UWP apps in VS Community 2015 & Cannot install WIN10 SDK: I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 in developer mode, with the latest version of Visual Studio 2015 Community. I need to install the Windows Universal App Development Tools in order to develop UWP C# apps. 1) Firstly, I've tried to download & install the...
  5. Suddenly all apps start asking me if I want to give permission to chg?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly all apps start asking me if I want to give permission to chg?: Really weird situation. Never had anything like this happen before. Windows 10. Fast Ring. Build 14959. All of a sudden every time I click on any app it is asking me if I want to allow it to make changes. I am the only user on the PC so I am an admin. It just seemed to...
  6. Searching for "Word 2016" gives unrecognised apps

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Searching for "Word 2016" gives unrecognised apps: Hi I have installed Office recently. Some of the shortcut when I searched for it giving unrecongized shortcut. I can't click or right click on it. I can't find this shortcut on WindowsApps folder either. [img] [img] 107375
  7. Give Me a Clue

in Windows 10 Support
    Give Me a Clue: Trying to post in Chillout Forum and get this . [img] 3928
  8. Searched files appear as last modified, even if not accessed at all!

in Windows 10 Support
    Searched files appear as last modified, even if not accessed at all!: Hi! I have install Windows 10 before 2 weeks. I noticed that every time i search for a file at the upper right box, every file that appeared as a result of current search (even if i didn't use it), changes last modified date and takes the exact search time and date as last...
  9. Folder search gives me results that I'm not looking for

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder search gives me results that I'm not looking for: When I do a search in a folder, I get results back that have nothing to do with what I searched for. [img] anyone know how to fix? Edit: If I set "name:" without the quotes before a search I get what I'm looking for. How do I set that as default behavior? 25062
  10. KB3093266 vs. Search

in Windows 10 Support
    KB3093266 vs. Search: Update was successfully installed on two computers yesterday, but one of them has a serious error with Search. Earlier today, when I found that Search was again not working, which was the case until the previous Windows update as I recall, I restarted the computer; this was...