Windows 10: No icons for "Phone" or "Cortana" in Windows settings

Discus and support No icons for "Phone" or "Cortana" in Windows settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently built a new computer and installed Windows 10 Pro Creators Update (version 1703) and just noticed that I have never had icons for Phone or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stevenporter, Jan 10, 2018.

1. No icons for "Phone" or "Cortana" in Windows settings

I recently built a new computer and installed Windows 10 Pro Creators Update (version 1703) and just noticed that I have never had icons for Phone or Cortana in my Settings. These settings are also not available in the search bar within Settings. See attached screenshots below.

Since I've heard of issues like this resulting from pirated software, I'd like to clarify that I purchased and downloaded the OS directly from Microsoft and installed it onto a brand new SSD and have had no issues with the machine once I got the overclock stable.

Thanks in advance for any and all tips!

No icons for "Phone" or "Cortana" in Windows settings [​IMG]

:)

stevenporter, Jan 10, 2018
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Jan 10, 2018
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Jan 10, 2018
  4. No icons for "Phone" or "Cortana" in Windows settings

FreeBooter, Jan 10, 2018
  5. stevenporter, Jan 10, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 10, 2018
  7. Brink, thanks for the explanation. I found the update and it is downloading now.

What confuses me now is the fact that I installed a Windows update just a few days ago and my "Windows Update" tab in Settings confirmed that it is up to date. However, I just manually clicked the "check for updates" button, and only now see the option to update to 1709. Is there a reason this update did not present itself automatically?

stevenporter, Jan 10, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

No icons for "Phone" or "Cortana" in Windows settings

If you done anything to defer or pause updates, that could cause the delay.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No icons for "Phone" or "Cortana" in Windows settings

1. No icons for "Phone" or "Cortana" in Windows settings - Similar Threads - icons Phone Cortana

2. there is no notebook icon for cortana

in Cortana
    there is no notebook icon for cortana: so, I have been using cortana before and I can control my music through her. I have done a reset on my pc and after that, cortana can't control my music. notebook icon is missing and I have updated the app and still no notebook and no control on my music. please help, I am...
  3. Cortana Icons

in Cortana
    Cortana Icons: When I try seaching anything on the cortana seach bar it shows this type of icon. I tried resetting the icon cache but it didn't work. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-icons/c91fdf9f-c77f-42be-9f2c-b4b9b4adf574
  4. Cortana Settings

in Cortana
    Cortana Settings: Hi, I have subscribed for fast ring insider program and yesterday my windows got updated to 2004 build. After that I was facing issues in cortana. Whenever I am opening cortana I am getting the message "sorry but cortana is not available in english india at this time". As...
  5. Cortana icon

in Cortana
    Cortana icon: i cannot find my cortana and the white round icon .[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-icon/0f5dbd7f-778a-4949-bf64-662adb9bdd40"
  6. Cortana On Windows 10 Phone No Longer Sets Reminders By Voice

in Cortana
    Cortana On Windows 10 Phone No Longer Sets Reminders By Voice: I am on a Windows 10 Phone. I noticed today (11/18/2019) I can no longer set reminders in Cortana using a voice command. For example: "Remind me to call Barb tomorrow at 9:00 AM", when spoken opens a Bing search for Windows reminders, rather than scheduling my reminder....
  7. Setting up Cortana in my Lumina 950 Windows 10 phone

in Cortana
    Setting up Cortana in my Lumina 950 Windows 10 phone: Hi Support, I am disable and I need to be able to access my Lumia 950 Windows phone by Cortana voice recognition. I use a Plantronics Voyager Legend ear piece with my Windows 10 phone. Where can I find detailed setup instructions to use as a guide to achieve this. Thanks...
  8. Cortana for phone Windows 10

in Cortana
    Cortana for phone Windows 10: I'm using Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE with Windows10. Can I somehow install Cortana? Please help me, I can't find it anywhere. TY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-for-phone-windows-10/8529b451-5aca-4305-818f-1b0d1ddaadb3"
  9. cortana and start icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana and start icon: I can't get the start icon and cortana to search for me. If I left click on the start icon nothing happens. If I right click I get a black box with choices, but I can't get apps and features to come up. I can't get anything to type in the cortana search box....
  10. Cortana and Location settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Location settings: After a restart, Cortana always requests that I allow Location settings. I do that, and all is well, until the next restart, when the whole process needs to be repeated. It seems the location setting turn off by itself!!Please help 52732