Windows 10: No input from Headset Microphone after update

Discus and support No input from Headset Microphone after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have no input from my headset microphone. It does show up in my audio settings and its not muted but when I test it I get no audio. The headset works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eromo, May 23, 2018.

1. eromo Win User

No input from Headset Microphone after update

I have no input from my headset microphone. It does show up in my audio settings and its not muted but when I test it I get no audio. The headset works fine in my laptop.

The green bar next to the microphone in the recording device tab doesnt move when I talk, however when I click on "listen to this device" I can hear myself.

Ive tried everything I could think of from restarting my computer to updating my headset's firmware.

Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

:)

eromo, May 23, 2018

2. Headset microphone problems Windows 10

Hello Steyn,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that windows is unable to configure the microphone settings for your headset device.

I would suggest you to use the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the Microphone Setup Wizard

• Type “Set up Mic” in Cortana’s Search box.

• Follow the instructions provided to set up your microphone.
    Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers

• Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
      This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed.
      You may be prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.

• Select the Recording tab.

• Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.

• Select the Levels tab.

• Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
      Apply.
    Write to us with the updated information. If the issue still persists we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 29, 2018
  3. James_Gao Win User
    Microphone on headset doesn't work.

Hi, I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday and after the download finished, I found out that my headset's microphone doesn't work. I went to recording devices and when I tapped my headset microphone, the sound bar didn't go up. However, when I tapped the computer's
    microphone, the sound bar did go up. I concluded that the audio input was going through my computer's microphone. So basically, my question is how do I make audio input go in through my headset's microphone instead of the computer's microphone?

P.S. I already clicked show disconnected and disabled devices and the only microphone that showed up was the Realtek High Definition Audio microphone. I'm not sure if this is important or not but just in case...

James_Gao, May 29, 2018
Thema:

No input from Headset Microphone after update

1. No input from Headset Microphone after update - Similar Threads - input Headset Microphone

2. Windows not detecting microphone from headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not detecting microphone from headset: As the title says, my PC can't find the microphone of my headphones. I use Bose noise cancelling 700, and it was strange since Discord found them without any issues, but windows itself couldn't. Nor did Google meetings or Slack. I uninstalled everything related to these...
  3. Audio Input Device Microphone on headset does not exist

Audio Input Device Microphone on headset does not exist: I am using the Astro A10 headset with the built-in microphone, and have plugged it into the 3.5mm headphone jack. When I load up any application that uses sound, It comes through the headset as I have selected. However, the input still comes from my laptop's microphone which...
  4. Headset microphone not showing after new update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset microphone not showing after new update: So after installing the new windows update, my windows is not showing/using my headset microphone. Instead using my terrible quality laptop microphone headset name: Asus ROG Strix Fusion 300 windows Os build: 19041.450...
  5. USB headset microphone not picking up input

USB headset microphone not picking up input: I just bought a HyperX Cloud II headset and I am trying to set it up to use for audio input and output. I have confirmed my headset works on my phone for input and output so I believe that the device is working properly. When I use the the given aux to USB controller I get...
  6. Issue with microphone from headset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with microphone from headset: Hi All, I have a colleague who has been suffering issues with his headset when it is connected to his Dell Latitude 7520 machine. It happened probably a few months ago but he seems to believe it's happened since he downloaded one of Windows patches. The update occurred on...
  7. Headset and headset microphone cannot be discovered as output and input devices

Headset and headset microphone cannot be discovered as output and input devices: When I have plugged my headset with the microphone into my laptop, I cannot find it in settings under the list of devices, and the microphone does not work as I cannot select it I can only find speakersRealtek high definition audio and microphone arrayRealtek high definition...
  8. Headset Microphones Do Not Have Programmatically Detectable Microphone Mute from Headset...

Headset Microphones Do Not Have Programmatically Detectable Microphone Mute from Headset...: I have a couple of gaming headsets both with a mute button. If I go into Windows 10 Sound Manager I can see the headset speakers and microphone and all have a mute checkbox. I have written a program in C++ that allows me to mute or un-mute the microphone as seen in the Sound...
  9. Headset Microphone status is "not plugged in" and does not register input.

Headset Microphone status is "not plugged in" and does not register input.: Hi, I am trying to record audio from my digital piano (Korg LP-380) onto my Surface Pro 3. To do this I am using a male/male 3.5mm cable to connect the two devices https://imgur.com/gXcIknP. Here is the PC's system info https://imgur.com/vEoiQqS In the recording devices...
  10. Headset Microphone (after the February 13th Update)

Headset Microphone (after the February 13th Update): Hello, I am posting this because I have completely given up on trying to fix this because I think that I have tried everything and came to no conclusion. (Before reading, important to note that I have a desktop computer) ----- So I got my computer at January this year and I...