Windows 10: No internet access after upgrade

Discus and support No internet access after upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There appears to be no new results. I just did this today may 23 2016. Doing a little troubleshooting thru win10 it comes back to problem with local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shiflerg, May 23, 2016.

1. Shiflerg Win User

No internet access after upgrade

There appears to be no new results. I just did this today may 23 2016. Doing a little troubleshooting thru win10 it comes back to problem with local area connection adapter. What is this thing? Is it hardware, hardware driver, or wrong settin?

:)

Shiflerg, May 23, 2016

2. After upgrade no internet access

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Follow the steps provided below.

Method 1:

Configuring DNS server address:

• Press Windows key + X key, and click on Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet and click on Network and Sharing Center
    • Click Change Adapter Settings on left pane.
    • Click the Wi-Fi connection you want to configure.
    • Click Change the settings of this connection on the top of the window.
    • Scroll down to Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and
      Double click on it.
    • Click Use the following DNS server address, fill the DNS server information for your ISP.
    • Click OK and close all windows.

If the issue still persist, follow method 2.

Method 2:

Try resetting TCP/IP and check if it works.

• Press Windows key + X key, and click on Command Prompt (admin).
    • Type the following command in Command Prompt and press ENTER:
    netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

If you do not want to specify a directory path for the log file, use the following command:

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

• Reboot the computer.

If the issue still persist, follow method 3.

Method 3:

If issue persists, kindly follow the steps given in below link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 23, 2016
  3. After upgrade no internet access

Hi Vaesir,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Let us know if the issue has been fixed or not. If not, then
    I would suggest you to uninstall and re-install the Network Adapter drivers
    in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer (You can download the setup file in any other device also and can copy and move it to the affected device).
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, May 23, 2016
  4. Shiflerg Win User

Does have anything to do with network controller or ethernet controller?

Shiflerg, May 23, 2016
  5. It is likely pointing to the fact that it does it have a proper driver installed for the network hardware. Find the manufacturer and model of the hardware and then go to the site to try and find a driver for it on a different computer. Download the file and place it on a flash drive and transfer it to the computer with the problem and install the driver.

ArazelEternal, May 23, 2016
  6. Shiflerg Win User
    I saw another who removed antivirus. I removed my avg and rebooted. Now im connected as 11:45 am 5/25/2016. I think my windows defender is now active so I may not reinstall avg. Is there a post or info on windows defender vs something like avg free 2016?

Shiflerg, May 24, 2016
  7. Shiflerg Win User
    I did research and found windows defender is probably not as good as other free antivirus software. I have since reinstalled my avg free 2016. I have done a full computer scan and rebooted several times. There have been no continuing problems.

I suggest to you that if others have this problem of no internet access, they uninstall their antivirus. As I understand it, the Windows Defender will become active giving some level of protection. If this restores internet access, they can then reinstall their antivirus.

Shiflerg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No internet access after upgrade - Similar Threads - internet access upgrade

2. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  3. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  4. No internet access after powercut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet access after powercut: I don't know if this is the correct place for this but after a powercut my LAN and wifi stops working. All the lights on the modem router(D-link DIR-825) and the other unit (which converts fiber to lan thing so it can connect to the d-link. Idk what it is is called) come on...
  5. "No Internet Access" after upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "No Internet Access" after upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004: I have a company laptop and just upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004 and now have "No Internet Access." I have found several resolutions but each requires admin permissions. Modify registry, modify hosts. file, revert to prior version each requires admin permissions. I...
  6. No internet after upgrade to 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet after upgrade to 2004: Hi! Have now upgradet to version 2004 win 10. Everything works normaly but not internet!! The computer have contact whit my router but there is no connection to internet! Have installed the latest drivers for networkcard. No VPN or proxy! Uninstalled Avira security before...
  7. No internet access after reboot

No internet access after reboot: I was having a Windows 10 "windows popup" issue which caused my to engage Microsoft tech support. They told me to go into settings and disable applications, (cant remember exactly where I did that), then I was told to reboot. now when I get to the log in screen I see a...
  8. No internet connection after upgrade

No internet connection after upgrade: Hi, I upgraded my ageing Dell Inspiron 530 desktop PC this morning from Win7 Ultimate to Win10 Pro. The PC is connected to the router via ethernet cable. All seems fine in terms of the OS, but I have no internet access. I know the router's OK as my other devices are fine....
  9. WiFi on but no internet access after Windows 10 upgrade?

WiFi on but no internet access after Windows 10 upgrade?: Apologies if this has been addressed already but I haven't been able to find a post with this particular issue. Here's the background information: I have a Dell Vostro 3750 notebook which I upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 using a Windows 10 "1511" build DVD....
  10. No internet access after window 10 upgrade.

No internet access after window 10 upgrade.: Hey! so i have recently upgraded to window 10 and im having some issues with my internet. so the problem is that it keeps on saying "no internet access " and theres also a yellow triangle on my wifi icon.I have watch so many tutorials on how to fix this but still havent...