Windows 10: No Internet Access Fall Creators Update

Discus and support No Internet Access Fall Creators Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; bros I installed Fall Creators Update 1709 build 16299.15. When I connected internet device it doesn't work. I use two type of devices. One is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mmTalish33, Nov 1, 2017.

1. No Internet Access Fall Creators Update

bros I installed Fall Creators Update 1709 build 16299.15. When I connected internet device it doesn't work. I use two type of devices. One is connected to USB via micro USB to USB cable and 2nd is USB based wingle device which connects to USB port directly. Both giving the same problem. Here are some screenshots to give you some idea.

No Internet Access Fall Creators Update [​IMG]

I reverted back to 1703 build 15063.0 and everything working fine.Any Help?

:)

mmTalish33, Nov 1, 2017

2. After update Fall creator update can't use Internet

After update Windows fall creator update my PC can't access Internet but my PC is connected to modem or internet. I don't know why it happen.

GovindSharmaIndia, Nov 1, 2017
  3. bunchy64 Win User
    Fall Creator update

installed fall creator update.

all ok except I can't access my external hard drive thru usb port anymore.

[Original title: fall creator update]

bunchy64, Nov 1, 2017
  4. No Internet Access Fall Creators Update

Hi mmTalish33.

Any chance within V1703 you are using a static IP ? ( You set the address )

When you are in V1709 have you checked status of network adapters in Device Manager.

Did you do a network reset within Settings > Network and Internet

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 2, 2017
  5. Superfly Win User
    Well I have similar issues... and found the problem is the firewall settings - some apps change certain settings that does not bode well with FCU ...

What did it for me was "Restore firewall to default" under Windows Defender Security Centre (...now you know why I do not like WD) then running the network troubleshooter .

Just did a restore and had to go through that process..., and joy *Wink

Superfly, Nov 2, 2017
  6. @Caledon Ken
    no, I don't set ip. it is automatic
    I also tried resetting the settings

@Superfly
    I tried almost everything. Disabling firewall, resetting firewall, disabling Windows Defender.

mmTalish33, Nov 3, 2017
  7. Superfly Win User
    Dunno bud, just posted what worked for me... prior to that I did the winsock reset and ipconfig renew routine but nada - what did help before was running Wireless_19.70.0_PROSet64_Win10 install/repair (if you have an Intel WiFi card)

Superfly, Nov 3, 2017
  8. No Internet Access Fall Creators Update

You didn't mention, in V1709 did you check Device Manager?

What kind of adapter is it reporting? Windows may have id it incorrectly. Can you get driver from vendor site and load?

Caledon Ken, Nov 3, 2017
  9. @Superfly

I tried installing drivers released on 12 July, 2017

@Caledon Ken

Are you talking about these

mmTalish33, Nov 4, 2017
  10. Yes I am.

I know you said you can't connect wirelessly but on seeing this are you trying to connect via WI-FI or Cellular. Granted there are no wires in either case but there is an important distinction. I see the Intel N6230 which would be wireless and then the NDIS which I think is cellular.

Has me back to.... are there specific drivers for your USB dongles.

Please clarify, Wi-Fi or cellular? If cellular where did you get dongles, from your telco?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 4, 2017
  11. @Caledon Ken

yes, there are specific drivers for the USB dongles.

yes, these devices are from my telco.

the devices also support wi-fi connectivity. for the time being, i connect the devices to a usb port and then connect my laptop to wi-fi of the device.

mmTalish33, Nov 4, 2017
  12. So if these come from telco you are connecting to a cellular network, not a wifi router where you live.

Where do you see these devices in device manager? If you unplug both how does that change your screen image of network adapters.

Have you contacted telco and asked them if these devices are support in Fall Creators Update? At least check their web site for recent drivers.

Caledon Ken, Nov 4, 2017
  13. No Internet Access Fall Creators Update

We discovered that if Bitlocker is in use and you have this GPO enabled on your computer:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > BitLocker Drive Encryption > Disable New DMA devices when this computer is locked

then once you upgrade to v1709, any computer with a wifi adapter seems to be completely unable to use any networking at all (even the Ethernet adapter is inoperative). We reported the issue to Microsoft. Removing the GPO setting (i.e. setting it to 'Not configured') resolves the issue and v1709 works fine after that point. Since an affected computer can't get on the network to consume the updated group policy, a reimage is required (unless you want to find the reg keys that the bad GPO settings applied and try to remove them... I didn't bother).

It was an Intel site, not Microsoft, that had this info:

No Internet Connection After Windows 10 Fall Cr... |Intel Communities

Good luck!

scriptingsteve, Nov 9, 2017
  14. @scriptingsteve

I checked in group policy editor. it is already set to not configured.@
    @Caledon Ken
    When I unplug the device "Remote NDIS based internet Sharing Device#2" disappears from network adapters.

I contacted telco they say devices are compatible with all Windows 10 versions.

mmTalish33, Nov 10, 2017
  15. Okay then confirm manufacturer, date and version of driver associated with "Remote NDIS based internet Sharing Device#2" and then compare that to what the telco says it should be using.

If you look at properties of driver, under General tab, what is the device status box saying?

I assume there was only one device plugged in at time of screen shot and this is why it says #2. Does posting #11 apply to you?

You didn't say what AV or multiple AV's you are running. If you disable all, just for a quick test, can you connect?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 10, 2017
Thema:

No Internet Access Fall Creators Update

1. No Internet Access Fall Creators Update - Similar Threads - Internet Access Fall

2. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  3. Fall creators update v1809

Fall creators update v1809: I have updated to windows 10 fall creators update v1809 and everything runs smooth until I use sleep mode. When I wake my computer from sleep everything lags extremely to the point where I need to restart, then everything is fine, until I use sleep again. Has anyone...
  4. Sandboxie and Fall Creators Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sandboxie and Fall Creators Update: I don't know how many Sandboxie users we have here but there's got to be a few. If you are, and have upgraded W10 to FCU, you should install beta 5.21.6. It was released today. Sandboxie doesn't officially support FCU yet, but based on my personal case use, the beta is...
  5. Fall creators update not initializing(?)

Fall creators update not initializing(?): So when i booted my pc this morning, i was greeted with the "hello" screen of the windows update. But then it just stops fading in and giving me black screens amd half-faded in sentences. I decided to give it a while, but after 4 hours it hasn't gotten a step further. The...
  6. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  7. Fall Creator Update Query

Fall Creator Update Query: A couple of weeks ago I installed the Fall Creator Update.All installed well,but when I booted up all my Start Menu items were missing,also my about half my Desktop Icons had gone.so I reverted back to build 1703. have Microsoft sorted these things out,i am a bit unsure if I...
  8. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  9. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....