Windows 10: No internet access on my wifi

Discus and support No internet access on my wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My internet stopped working for all the softwares but Google Chrome. I searched some solutions online but I ended up making the situation worse and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gnottino90, Nov 4, 2016.

1. No internet access on my wifi

My internet stopped working for all the softwares but Google Chrome. I searched some solutions online but I ended up making the situation worse and now I can't even connect to the wifi.
    Basically I put the password and it connects, but the wifi icon has the yellow exclamation mark and it says "Unidentified network, no internet access".

I already tried uninstalling the network adapters from the Device Manager.. What should I do?

Thank you!

:)

Gnottino90, Nov 4, 2016

2. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

On Oct 13 windows updated.

The update must've invited malware into my computer. I tried to run my antivirus after the update but it said there's no connection. Google chrome lost connection as well and then I got a pop-up saying that Windows Defender found and blocked a "Severe Trojan
    threat". So I deleted it and I still don't have connection... (weirdly) the only thing that works is the Explorer app. I have internet; the Wi-Fi works just fine but, everything else doesn't connect. It's something internal that must be causing
    the problem and it all started after the update.

P.S.

It also changed my network from private to public so I had to fix that.

And YES, I did allow these programs through the Firewall so that's not the problem.

No Internet, Nov 4, 2016
  3. htc surround wifi issue

using my laptop as wifi hotspot i tried connecting to wifi with my htc surround. the connection was established but there is no internet access. when i tried connecting to internet using my cellular data i was able to connect and access the internet. how
    to solve my wifi problem?

priyatham sai, Nov 4, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

No internet access on my wifi

Open a CMD prompt type ipconfig /all post results

Samuria, Nov 5, 2016
  5. All right!

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-SP29LPD
    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8059 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-42-49-FD-88-BB
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1000
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-26-C7-E0-B3-AE
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::d8de:dd16:182b:e72c%6(Preferred)
    Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.231.44(Preferred)
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
    DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234890951
    DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1F-46-74-09-54-42-49-FD-88-BB
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
    fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
    fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

--------------

I forgot to add that also the Cortana search bar doesnt work anymore, and I feel like the start button is working a bit slower..

Gnottino90, Nov 5, 2016
  6. Could anyone help please? :s

Gnottino90, Nov 5, 2016
  7. Neemobeer Win User

Neemobeer, Nov 5, 2016
  8. bookfox Win User
    My first thought is to check for malware and check your firewall. I've seen AV firewall cause an wifi network to show as 'unidentified'. That said, Look at the IPv4 address for your wifi adapter - there's no gateway listed.

bookfox, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No internet access on my wifi - Similar Threads - internet access wifi

2. Connected to Wifi, but no access to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to Wifi, but no access to the internet: At work, my computer will connect to the server, but I have no internet access on Wifi. If I use an ethernet, all's well. It worked yesterday. I had the IT guy here. He reverted my computer to the last software update and it did not fix the problem. I am using a Surface Book...
  3. Connected to Wifi, but no access to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to Wifi, but no access to the internet: At work, my computer will connect to the server, but I have no internet access on Wifi. If I use an ethernet, all's well. It worked yesterday. I had the IT guy here. He reverted my computer to the last software update and it did not fix the problem. I am using a Surface Book...
  4. My laptop wifi is connected but no internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wifi is connected but no internet access: Hello everyone i need help. So my laptop is connected to my home wifi but there is no internet access even though in other device it has internet. And its only have problem with my home wifi because when im using hotspot it work just fine. Anyone know whats the problem and...
  5. My laptop wifi is connected but no internet access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop wifi is connected but no internet access: Hello everyone i need help. So my laptop is connected to my home wifi but there is no internet access even though in other device it has internet. And its only have problem with my home wifi because when im using hotspot it work just fine. Anyone know whats the problem and...
  6. No internet access via Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet access via Wifi: Hello.In a couple laptops running under Windows 10 20H2 have the same network issue.One if the laptop have latest updates, one only till July 2021.The problem is, when laptops is connected to the Wifi network was tested a lot of networks I can ping IP address 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8...
  7. Wifi connected but no internet access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi connected but no internet access: Hellooo! So my laptop suddenly didnt work and I had to reset everything.. and now my wifi doesnt work.. it is connected, but I have no internet. I also tried if the personal hotspot of my phone would work, but its the same case :( I have no knowledge regarding IT so I tried...
  8. Wifi says "No Internet Access"

Wifi says "No Internet Access": Wifi on my computer says "No Internet Access" but it works fine when I use google. This is a problem because I cant use other apps that require wifi because it thinks I dont have a connection. I had the same problem a few days ago and I thought I fixed it by updating my...
  9. Connected to wifi but no internet access

Connected to wifi but no internet access: My computer can connect to wifi and it also says that it has internet access but when i go to every website it says that I'm not connected to internet. I tried to ping to gateway 192.168.1.1 but requested timeout. I can only have like 5 seconds of internet access but then...
  10. My internet/wifi works, but Windows says "No Internet Access"

My internet/wifi works, but Windows says "No Internet Access": I have a Lenovo ideapad 300 64 bit running Windows 10. I can connect to my home wifi and other networks and access the internet. However, the wifi icon in the taskbar has a yellow triangle and it says "Unidentified Network, No Internet Access", even though my internet...