Windows 10: No internet access on my wifi

Discus and support No internet access on my wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My internet stopped working for all the softwares but Google Chrome. I searched some solutions online but I ended up making the situation worse and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gnottino90, Nov 4, 2016.

1. No internet access on my wifi

My internet stopped working for all the softwares but Google Chrome. I searched some solutions online but I ended up making the situation worse and now I can't even connect to the wifi.
    Basically I put the password and it connects, but the wifi icon has the yellow exclamation mark and it says "Unidentified network, no internet access".

I already tried uninstalling the network adapters from the Device Manager.. What should I do?

Thank you!

:)

Gnottino90, Nov 4, 2016

2. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

On Oct 13 windows updated.

The update must've invited malware into my computer. I tried to run my antivirus after the update but it said there's no connection. Google chrome lost connection as well and then I got a pop-up saying that Windows Defender found and blocked a "Severe Trojan
    threat". So I deleted it and I still don't have connection... (weirdly) the only thing that works is the Explorer app. I have internet; the Wi-Fi works just fine but, everything else doesn't connect. It's something internal that must be causing
    the problem and it all started after the update.

P.S.

It also changed my network from private to public so I had to fix that.

And YES, I did allow these programs through the Firewall so that's not the problem.

No Internet, Nov 4, 2016
  3. htc surround wifi issue

using my laptop as wifi hotspot i tried connecting to wifi with my htc surround. the connection was established but there is no internet access. when i tried connecting to internet using my cellular data i was able to connect and access the internet. how
    to solve my wifi problem?

priyatham sai, Nov 4, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

No internet access on my wifi

Open a CMD prompt type ipconfig /all post results

Samuria, Nov 5, 2016
  5. All right!

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-SP29LPD
    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8059 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-42-49-FD-88-BB
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1000
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-26-C7-E0-B3-AE
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::d8de:dd16:182b:e72c%6(Preferred)
    Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.231.44(Preferred)
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
    DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234890951
    DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1F-46-74-09-54-42-49-FD-88-BB
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
    fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
    fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

--------------

I forgot to add that also the Cortana search bar doesnt work anymore, and I feel like the start button is working a bit slower..

Gnottino90, Nov 5, 2016
  6. Could anyone help please? :s

Gnottino90, Nov 5, 2016
  7. Neemobeer Win User

Neemobeer, Nov 5, 2016
  8. bookfox Win User
    My first thought is to check for malware and check your firewall. I've seen AV firewall cause an wifi network to show as 'unidentified'. That said, Look at the IPv4 address for your wifi adapter - there's no gateway listed.

bookfox, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No internet access on my wifi - Similar Threads - internet access wifi

2. Wifi keeps losing internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi keeps losing internet access: I've had this problem for 3 weeks now, my laptop keeps losing internet access on every wifi. This particularly happens when i wake it from sleep and at interval of 10 to 15 minutes. There is no problem with the wifi itself, it works just fine on my other devices and I've also...
  3. No Internet on my wifi

No Internet on my wifi: For some reason, I do not have internet when connected to my wifi network at home (2.4ghz/5ghz), and the windows troubleshooters says it could not connect to the proxy server. However, I do not have a proxy server. My laptop works on any other wifi network, and it works when...
  4. connected but no internet access windows wifi error

connected but no internet access windows wifi error: i have connected to a working wifi network but my computer says connected but no internet, while the other devices connected to same wifi have internet access...
  5. WiFi shows no internet access

WiFi shows no internet access: WiFi shows no internet access for any wifi network after updating to 19h1 release in slow ring .. Network reset not fixes it.. Troubleshooting is not even fixes the issue. troubleshoot shows can't connect with dns server .. reset and renew of dns status by CMD not fixes the...
  6. My laptop wifi internet access is not working while other gadgets can connect to the wifi...

My laptop wifi internet access is not working while other gadgets can connect to the wifi...: Since I reformat my laptop there is a time that when I connect to my wifi it doesn't have any internet access at all while others have and when my uncle's cousin told me that there is a code in cmd that comes with release and renew I research it than when I used the most...
  7. Cannot access internet via Wifi

Cannot access internet via Wifi: Split from this thread. An automatic Microsoft update to Windows 10 disabled my WiFi switch so all WiFi on my lap top does not work. I could connect to the internet using a hard wire. Microsoft Tech Support (Windows) is in the process of trying to fix this but with no...
  8. wifi internet

wifi internet: I have multiple devices connected to my wifi however one laptop is connected but no internet. after running troubleshooting I get one problem which is "the dns server isn't responding"...
  9. Windows !0 Update is Blocking my WIFI Internet Access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows !0 Update is Blocking my WIFI Internet Access: Recently my computer, 2017 ACER Predator received a Windows 10 update. Before the update EVERYTHING was working correctly. It had a fast boot time and it would connect the the WIFI in my house without issue. After the update, the system boots very slow, reminds me of a...
  10. No internet access with wifi tethering (mobile hotspot)

No internet access with wifi tethering (mobile hotspot): When I use wifi on my PC to connect to my router/modem, internet works fine. But when I connect to my Android phone's access point (tethering) I don't get internet access. You might think it's a problem with the Android phone, but other Android devices can connect to it and...