Windows 10: No internet after midnight

Discus and support No internet after midnight in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Lately, my internet connection fails after midnight. The next morning it is OK. This happens on all browsers (Edge, Chrome, Mozilla) and my separate... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rlkohl, Jun 4, 2016.

1. rlkohl Win User

No internet after midnight

Lately, my internet connection fails after midnight. The next morning it is OK. This happens on all browsers (Edge, Chrome, Mozilla) and my separate email program. Both on ethernet and wifi connections. Other devices on the router/modem work OK. Control panel settings says my connections are all OK.

Running Windows 10 64 bit on ASUS X200CA laptop.

:)

rlkohl, Jun 4, 2016

2. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

On Oct 13 windows updated.

The update must've invited malware into my computer. I tried to run my antivirus after the update but it said there's no connection. Google chrome lost connection as well and then I got a pop-up saying that Windows Defender found and blocked a "Severe Trojan
    threat". So I deleted it and I still don't have connection... (weirdly) the only thing that works is the Explorer app. I have internet; the Wi-Fi works just fine but, everything else doesn't connect. It's something internal that must be causing
    the problem and it all started after the update.

P.S.

It also changed my network from private to public so I had to fix that.

And YES, I did allow these programs through the Firewall so that's not the problem.

No Internet, Jun 4, 2016
  3. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

still isn't working.

No Internet, Jun 4, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Not having any more information my first guess or analogy would be the case of a young person having a computer with settings done by an older person to force the younger to go to bed. The computer is set to turn off certain features at specified times.

Berton, Jun 5, 2016
  5. rlkohl Win User
    I thought that there may be settings to restrict internet hours, but cannot find them in the Control Panel or elsewhere, Do you know where they are?

rlkohl, Jun 5, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    After a bit of thought I'd wonder if there are such settings in the Router or Modem?

Berton, Jun 5, 2016
  7. rlkohl Win User
    I have checked the router/modem settings and can find nothing pertinent. Other devices on the same router do not have this problem.

rlkohl, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No internet after midnight - Similar Threads - internet midnight

2. How to create an Internet Kill Switch on Windows 11/10?

in Windows 10 News
    How to create an Internet Kill Switch on Windows 11/10?: [IMG]In this post, we are going to show you how to create an internet kill switch on Windows 11/10. It is mostly used in a panic situation when you need to disconnect your internet quickly. Thus, it is also known as a Panic Button. What is the kill switch on Windows internet?...
  3. Disconnecting from the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnecting from the internet: My internet connection has been acting strangely ever since I updated Windows yesterday. I can see the available networks, but when I try to connect, it says "Limited access" or "No internet connection." I've tried restarting my computer and router, but nothing seems to work....
  4. Disconnecting from the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disconnecting from the internet: My internet connection has been acting strangely ever since I updated Windows yesterday. I can see the available networks, but when I try to connect, it says "Limited access" or "No internet connection." I've tried restarting my computer and router, but nothing seems to work....
  5. Disconnecting from the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...: My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I have java downloded Can soemone help Plz its only minecraft filles scheamticas...
  7. My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...

My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...: My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I have java downloded Can soemone help Plz its only minecraft filles scheamticas...
  8. I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet: l want to use my Surface Go with an audio mixer on its wifi network, but Windows keeps dropping the connection, since there is no internet on that wifi. How can l lock the wifi on that network?...
  9. I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet

I want my Surface go to stop dropping off a wifi with no internet: l want to use my Surface Go with an audio mixer on its wifi network, but Windows keeps dropping the connection, since there is no internet on that wifi. How can l lock the wifi on that network?...
  10. No internet connection through ethernet

No internet connection through ethernet: Please can you help me fix my ethernet not working. My WIFI works fine. My ethernet connection says 'Unidentified network' and 'No internet access'. I was having trouble with it and yesterday I managed to get it to work somehow but today it won't work like usual. The new...