Windows 10: No internet after upgrading to Win 10

Discus and support No internet after upgrading to Win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I need help to set up my internet on my new windows 10. I was using win 8, now upgraded to 10. I use cable internet. When I connect the modem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fernando22, Oct 6, 2016.

1. No internet after upgrading to Win 10

Hi,
    I need help to set up my internet on my new windows 10. I was using win 8, now upgraded to 10. I use cable internet. When I connect the modem to my laptop, it identifies the network but doesn't show internet access. I don't know whether it is the fault of the modem or the laptop. It happened right after the upgrade. The modem I use is Huawei cable modem. Huawei MT130u | Acanac . My laptop is Asus Aspire, CPU intel i3 and RAM 4GB. Can anyone help me fix this? I'd appreciate some suggestions or help.

:)

Fernando22, Oct 6, 2016

2. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

On Oct 13 windows updated.

The update must've invited malware into my computer. I tried to run my antivirus after the update but it said there's no connection. Google chrome lost connection as well and then I got a pop-up saying that Windows Defender found and blocked a "Severe Trojan
    threat". So I deleted it and I still don't have connection... (weirdly) the only thing that works is the Explorer app. I have internet; the Wi-Fi works just fine but, everything else doesn't connect. It's something internal that must be causing
    the problem and it all started after the update.

P.S.

It also changed my network from private to public so I had to fix that.

And YES, I did allow these programs through the Firewall so that's not the problem.

No Internet, Oct 6, 2016
  3. NoteOne Win User
    No more internet connection available, after Windows 10 upgrade

Original Title: Why would MS remove the internet access from Win 10?

I connected fine under Win 7 Pro. The upgrade (upgrade?) process connected fine to download Win 10. The downloaded stuff connected fine to download more updates. The whole process connected fine. But after the final restart into Win 10, there's no more
    internet connection available.

Don't people use the internet under Win 10? I've upgraded back to Win 7 Pro since I do occasionally need the internet and an operating system without that ability, while obviously useful to the majority of people, just won't work for me.

Oh well, I tried it at least.

NoteOne, Oct 6, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

No internet after upgrading to Win 10

Hi, try
    1. rt click the network icon on your taskbar, click Troubleshooting....
    Let it run, test outcome, post back.

If not fixed:
    2. Try Tweaking.com's free cautious repair tool.
    Observe the cautious steps.
    Select only Repair Network
    Let it run, test outcome, post back.

dalchina, Oct 6, 2016
Thema:

No internet after upgrading to Win 10

1. No internet after upgrading to Win 10 - Similar Threads - internet upgrading

2. deleted Norton on win7 machine and now no internet access. i just want to upgrade to win11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted Norton on win7 machine and now no internet access. i just want to upgrade to win11...: I deleted Norton on a Win7 PC and now no internet access. I just want to upgrade to Win 11 on that PC. Can Norton do that? Block Access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-norton-on-win7-machine-and-now-no-internet/8e9c04d2-2023-4226-808b-b9efe38e9471
  3. deleted Norton on win7 machine and now no internet access. i just want to upgrade to win11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted Norton on win7 machine and now no internet access. i just want to upgrade to win11...: I deleted Norton on a Win7 PC and now no internet access. I just want to upgrade to Win 11 on that PC. Can Norton do that? Block Access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-norton-on-win7-machine-and-now-no-internet/8e9c04d2-2023-4226-808b-b9efe38e9471
  4. how to do windows 10 to 11 upgrade without internet and no losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to do windows 10 to 11 upgrade without internet and no losing data: Dear bro, I would like to know step by step instructions " how to do windows 10 to 11 upgrade without internet and no losing data"Please check this solution.Best regards and thanks...
  5. how to do windows 10 to 11 upgrade without internet and no losing data

how to do windows 10 to 11 upgrade without internet and no losing data: Dear bro, I would like to know step by step instructions " how to do windows 10 to 11 upgrade without internet and no losing data"Please check this solution.Best regards and thanks...
  6. Upgraded from Window 7 to Window 10 and cannot connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded from Window 7 to Window 10 and cannot connect to the internet: I downloaded Windows 10 via the internet and that was the last time I was able to connect through my Wi-Fi. I've researched this issue and have done everything below MULTIPLE times, along with restarting my modem. I have multiple other computers and devices connect to this...
  7. Upgraded from Window 7 to Window 10 and cannot connect to the internet

Upgraded from Window 7 to Window 10 and cannot connect to the internet: I downloaded Windows 10 via the internet and that was the last time I was able to connect through my Wi-Fi. I've researched this issue and have done everything below MULTIPLE times, along with restarting my modem. I have multiple other computers and devices connect to this...
  8. Upgraded from Window 7 to Window 10 and cannot connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Upgraded to Windows 11, browsers won't open, but internet is fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded to Windows 11, browsers won't open, but internet is fine: Updated my dad's HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx from Windows 10 to Windows 11 on 12/18/22. Since then it shows that I have internet access, and I can connect to apps that use the internet like the Microsoft Store, Zoom, and Amazon, but I can't open a browser. I've tried to...
  10. Upgraded to Windows 11, browsers won't open, but internet is fine

Upgraded to Windows 11, browsers won't open, but internet is fine: Updated my dad's HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx from Windows 10 to Windows 11 on 12/18/22. Since then it shows that I have internet access, and I can connect to apps that use the internet like the Microsoft Store, Zoom, and Amazon, but I can't open a browser. I've tried to...