Windows 10: No Internet and Audio after windows 10 automatic update

Discus and support No Internet and Audio after windows 10 automatic update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Recently my laptop(UX303LB asus) automatically updated windows and now it does not have any audio or network adapters. It seems that the network card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by nobodomon, Dec 18, 2016.

1. nobodomon Win User

No Internet and Audio after windows 10 automatic update

Recently my laptop(UX303LB asus) automatically updated windows and now it does not have any audio or network adapters. It seems that the network card and audio cards are not found at all.
    Things I've tried :
    Clean reinstall windows
    Reinstalling network driversDid not seem to work, drivers installed but doesn't show up in device managerRestarting Computer

:)

nobodomon, Dec 18, 2016
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Wdf01000.sys causing DPC and audio is cracking

We appreciate the details that you've provided. There is a possibility that the issue occurred due to a coincidence after switching internet provider. For further troubleshooting, we suggest that you uninstall all the audio related drivers on your Device
    Manager and restart your computer to let Windows detect the compatible audio drivers. Make sure that you're connected to the internet to install the drivers.

If the drivers won't install automatically, kindly check the manufacturer's website of your audio drivers to install them manually. See this link for more information:

Update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know if there will be any changes on the process as well as on LatencyMon.

Xylee Del, Dec 18, 2016
  3. realtek 5.1 not working in windows 10

after update from win 7 to win 10 automatic update my realtek hd audio 5.1 is not working any more only stereo is working, my audio system is logitech z5500 which works through optical audio output windows 10 fails with basic configurations it is really
    irritation with stereo audio please some one help

sayhaiharish, Dec 18, 2016
  4. No Internet and Audio after windows 10 automatic update

How did you do so? Did you use ASUS DVDs or something else?

Matthew Wai, Dec 19, 2016
  5. nobodomon Win User
    Hi thanks for replying, i reinstalled them using the drivers provided on the asus website. It still didnt help at all though

nobodomon, Dec 19, 2016
  6. fireberd Win User
    If you have an Intel based system, Install (or reinstall) the Intel Motherboard chipset drivers. If a device is not known or can't install drivers many times installing the Intel motherboard chipset drivers will fix it. One of the things the chipset drivers do is Identify all the devices on or attached to the motherboard.
    Install the chipset drivers and then the device drivers (if needed).

If you have an AMD CPU system, there is AMD chipset drivers too, but I don't know if they do all the Intel chipset drivers do.

fireberd, Dec 19, 2016
  7. nobodomon Win User
    Hello, I’ve just tried that but to no avail it still doesn’t show up in device manager.
    All I see under the network adapters are wan miniports.
    Thank you though!

nobodomon, Dec 20, 2016
  8. fireberd Win User

Reset the BIOS and see if that helps. If the BIOS is not detecting the devices, Windows will not either. Usually, there is an option in the BIOS to reset to defaults.

fireberd, Dec 20, 2016
  9. nobodomon Win User
    It did not help after resetting bios too. It appears that bios doesnt recognize the network card at all.

nobodomon, Dec 20, 2016
  10. Asuza Win User
    Hello nobodomon,

Could you open a run dialog with WINDOWS + R.

1) Type in "devmgmt.msc"
    2) Expand the "Network Adapaters" section.

and upload a screenshot here?

Asuza, Dec 20, 2016
  11. fireberd Win User
    This is apparently a relatively new model PC. If its still in Warranty I would call ASUS. If its a hardware problem, only ASUS can get it corrected under warranty.

fireberd, Dec 20, 2016
  12. nobodomon Win User
    No Internet and Audio after windows 10 automatic update [​IMG]

this is after installing all the network drivers provided by asus

Unfortunately my warranty expired quite a while ago.

Thanks for the help!

nobodomon, Dec 20, 2016
  13. No Internet and Audio after windows 10 automatic update

No network and audio devices exist on your computer.

Matthew Wai, Dec 20, 2016
  14. nobodomon Win User
    Yes but that only happened after the windows update though. It was working perfectly fine before the windows automatic update.

nobodomon, Dec 20, 2016
  15. Asuza Win User
    Hello,

Thanks for the screenshot.

0.1) Create a System Restore Point.

1.0) Boot into safe mode with networking. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

1.1) Open a run dialog with Windows key + R.

1.2) Type in "regedit"

1.3) Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SYSTEM> CurrentControlSet>Control> Class

1.4) Right click and find: Code: 4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318[/quote]

Before you begin, export the folder to a safe location in case you ever want to use a VPN connection in the future.

1.5) Then, in all folders from 0000 until xxxx look for "DriverDesc" at Names. If it says "WAN Miniport XXXXX" Delete the folder. (For this example, I would delete the folder 0013)

1.6)
    Save all changes and close the registry.

2.0) Open up a run dialog with WINDOWS key + R.

2.1) Type in "devmgmt.msc".

2.2) Expand the "Network Adapters" entry.

2.3) Delete or Disable (I'm not sure what it says for you) every WAN miniport with right click and Uninstall /
    Disable. Double check to make sure that you got every single one of them.

3.0) Open up another run dialog and type in "msconfig"

3.1) Disable all services ! BUT HIDE ALL MICROSOFT SERVICES ​> FIRST < ! If you don't do this, you'll have a very fun time haha.

3.2) Click on Apply and OK.

3.3) Reboot the PC normally.

Make sure that you got the right driver and bits version ( e.g. 32 or 64 bits) and Windows Version.
    The installation process should now go normal and will finish.
    Reboot your machine.
    I'm very curious for the results.

Asuza, Dec 20, 2016
Thema:

1. No Internet and Audio after windows 10 automatic update - Similar Threads - Internet Audio automatic

2. No audio after automatic updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio after automatic updates: Hi, i ran automatic updates and got it updated on the 12th of August. After restart, my laptop crashed and fortunately, automatic repair got my os running again. However, my audio devices got errors and says I do not have any installed. I ran the troubleshooter and realtek is...
  3. No audio after automatic updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio after automatic updates: Hi, i ran automatic updates and got it updated on the 12th of August. After restart, my laptop crashed and fortunately, automatic repair got my os running again. However, my audio devices got errors and says I do not have any installed. I ran the troubleshooter and realtek is...
  4. No audio after automatic updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio problems after automatic update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio problems after automatic update: Hello all, I would appreciate your help with the following problem:I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop that was working fine until a recent automatic update happened a couple of days ago. Since then I have lost all audio functions. I used the self diagnosis software and it...
  6. Audio problems after automatic update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio problems after automatic update: Hello all, I would appreciate your help with the following problem:I have a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop that was working fine until a recent automatic update happened a couple of days ago. Since then I have lost all audio functions. I used the self diagnosis software and it...
  7. Audio problems after automatic update

8. Audio and internet don't work after Windows Update

Audio and internet don't work after Windows Update: Hello - I have a Dell Inspiron 11th Gen core i5 running Windows 10 21H1. After one of the recent Windows Update, I'm facing two problems: Audio: My Sennheiser PC-8 USB headset mic does not work at all. When I plug the headset in, it freezes up YouTube, Zoom and anything using...
  9. Intel Display Audio went missing after windows 10 automatic update

Intel Display Audio went missing after windows 10 automatic update: my system setup is: CPU: i3 7100 Mobo: Asus Prime B250M-A windows 10 1803 Windows automatic installed new intel display driver 25.20.100.6323 with HDMI connected to my AV receiver Yamaha RX-V677 then to my TV. was using this setup for years without any problem, until...
  10. No internet after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet after Windows 10 update: We've had this problem for a while now, but every time Windows updates, our desktop computer (ACER TC-605) has connectivity issues. In May, the computer couldn't detect available wi-fi networks, but ethernet still worked. A few days ago there was another update and now...