Windows 10: no internet "can't connect to this network"

Discus and support no internet "can't connect to this network" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have no internet on my Windows 10 Dell Optiplex 780 using a Netgear a6210 AC1200 wireless adapter. I always get the error message, "can't connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ornithophilia, Oct 18, 2017.

1. no internet "can't connect to this network"

I have no internet on my Windows 10 Dell Optiplex 780 using a Netgear a6210 AC1200 wireless adapter. I always get the error message, "can't connect to this network."

When I run the troubleshooter, it tells me that my modem is experiencing connectivity issues—but nothing could be further from the truth! All my other devices, several android, and four laptops, all can connect with no problems at all. I am typing from a computer on the network, so obviously I have a connection, but Windows 10 does not think so.

I tried restarting the computer, I tried unplugging the wireless adapter and plugging it back into the USB, but I am still getting "can't connect to this network"!

Does anybody know what the problem could be and how do I fix this?

:)

Ornithophilia, Oct 18, 2017
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Oct 18, 2017
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Oct 18, 2017
  4. no internet "can't connect to this network"

Assuming this just started please check Windows Update history, look for driver updates. I would start with an older driver say from a month or two ago.

Have you run the network reset?

start => settings => Network and Internet => scroll down right hand side => Reset Network

This will cause you to forget wireless passwords an you may have to setup any custom communication software like VPN clients.

You could also try these four commands

Run the following four bolded commands. Use a Command Prompt(admin) or Powershell(admin)
    Do not key in info in brackets, there for your information.

ipconfig /flushdns (Clear the dns cache)
    nbtstat -RR (release and refesh NetBIOS names)
    netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)
    netsh winsock reset (Reset Winsock Catalog)

By the way what version and build are you on for Windows 10?

windows key + R, type winver, enter

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 18, 2017
  5. You mean any drivers for my Netgear? or any drivers period?

Ornithophilia, Oct 19, 2017
  6. I'd be looking for Netgear but any driver should be noted. Problems can usually be traced to change.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 19, 2017
  7. FreeBooter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

no internet "can't connect to this network"

1. no internet "can't connect to this network" - Similar Threads - internet can't connect

2. firewall duplicates network, can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    firewall duplicates network, can't connect to the internet: Hi, recently I've encountered a problem with my wi-fi. It occurs only on one computer in my LAN. It says that the computer is connected to wi-fi without the internet. I noticed that during connection something weird happens in firewall https://imgur.com/a/yxasFKTNew ones are...
  3. firewall duplicates network, can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    firewall duplicates network, can't connect to the internet: Hi, recently I've encountered a problem with my wi-fi. It occurs only on one computer in my LAN. It says that the computer is connected to wi-fi without the internet. I noticed that during connection something weird happens in firewall https://imgur.com/a/yxasFKTNew ones are...
  4. firewall duplicates network, can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I can't connect to the internet and no networks appear

I can't connect to the internet and no networks appear: My internet connection was working fine, then a few days ago it stopped. I can't see any networks to connect to. Every other device in the house is working except this one. It also wants me to plug in an Ethernet cable. I never had one to begin with. I'm not sure how to fix...
  6. Network issues-Can't connect to internet, but connected to wifi

Network issues-Can't connect to internet, but connected to wifi: I recently switched ISPs (from Xfinity to Fios Verizon). After the technician came over, all my devices connected perfectly except my gaming pc. This pc is custom-built, current specs: Microsoft Win10 Pro 64 bit Motherboard: AS Rock H110M-DGS R3.0 8GB RAM GTX 980ti 6gb I5...
  7. network connected but no internet

network connected but no internet: Help. I connected my LAN cable to my laptop but it only shows network no internet[ATTACH] when i do ipconfig/all this is the result C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig/all Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : LAPTOP-QRF73OS5 Primary Dns...
  8. No internet, can't connect to network etc.

No internet, can't connect to network etc.: For past 3 weeks I've had a problem with network on windows 10 64 bit (1809 17763.379) Dell XPS 15. It applies only to the first wifi network I connected to, the second one seems fine. Issue #1 Everytime system boots it either cannot to the network or when it connects...
  9. no network connection but connected to internet

no network connection but connected to internet: Windows 10 Home Version 1803 I recently changed my ISP. Now I'm connected to the internet, but Microsoft apps/app store/updates and such say I'm not connected. I've searched the forums and tried every fix I can find. I've reset the network adapter and tried updating the...
  10. Can't connect to network or can't get internet

Can't connect to network or can't get internet: I just switched my Internet provider. Previously, I had no connection issues. have two iPhones, and iPad and an HP laptop running Windows 10. All devices except the laptop use the 5G connection provided. The laptop requires the 2G connection. The laptop will either not...