Windows 10: No internet connection after 10130 update

Discus and support No internet connection after 10130 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Anyone face the issue of no internet connection after update to 10130? The motherboard is using Realtek Gigabit Ethernet. A check indicated there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jtjt00, May 29, 2015.

1. jtjt00 Win User

No internet connection after 10130 update

Anyone face the issue of no internet connection after update to 10130?
    The motherboard is using Realtek Gigabit Ethernet. A check indicated there is driver issue which block connection to my Linksys EA9200 router. There is no issue with the previous build.

:)

jtjt00, May 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 Released, Stuck in Limbo at 10130

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry that I wasn't clear in my initial post.

Sometime in late July, I was having an issue updating 10130. I had tried everything but couldn't get it to work. So I reinstalled 10130 as a last resort. The problem (as I understand it) is that after a certain date in late July, Microsoft stopped allowing
    the activation keys for Preview versions of Windows 10 to be activated. Had I been aware that Windows 10's release was imminent, I would have just left my activated 10130 alone and upgraded to Windows 10. But because I reinstalled it late last month after
    Microsoft stopped Preview keys from working (a fact of which I was totally unaware), I am now stuck with a copy of 10130 that won't activate. (It says "Connect to the internet to activate Windows" despite the fact that I'm connected to the internet.) And it
    isn't possible to upgrade a non-activated copy of Preview to the retail version of Windows 10; the media created by the media creation tool doesn't work because it prompts me for an activation key.

To put it as succinctly as I am able, I am supposed to receive a copy of retail Windows 10 because I helped (along with many others) work through the glitches of the Windows 10 Preview versions. But because of a glitch in Windows 10 Preview version 10130,
    I couldn't update to the next Preview version. That caused me to reinstall Preview which, because it can no longer be activated, prevents me from upgrading to retail Windows 10.

yapishkahilt, May 29, 2015
  3. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

On Oct 13 windows updated.

The update must've invited malware into my computer. I tried to run my antivirus after the update but it said there's no connection. Google chrome lost connection as well and then I got a pop-up saying that Windows Defender found and blocked a "Severe Trojan
    threat". So I deleted it and I still don't have connection... (weirdly) the only thing that works is the Explorer app. I have internet; the Wi-Fi works just fine but, everything else doesn't connect. It's something internal that must be causing
    the problem and it all started after the update.

P.S.

It also changed my network from private to public so I had to fix that.

And YES, I did allow these programs through the Firewall so that's not the problem.

No Internet, May 29, 2015
  4. No internet connection after 10130 update

I've heard about this. It is most likely a driver issue. Try reinstalling your drivers and see what happens.
    Best of luck! *Wink

Michaelvas17, May 29, 2015
  5. jtjt00 Win User
    Done, but no luck. *cry

jtjt00, May 29, 2015
  6. longmann Win User
    I also had the problem. Now solved. It caused by my ESET Smart Security 8. First, I uninstalled ESS. Then, restart the machine. The win 10 10130 can auto detect etherenet card. And internet connect is ok. I then installed back the ESS. Every thing resume normal.
    But, another problem comes out, everytime when restarting or shut down, the computer is stopping by doing so by DDE server window with error message: " The instruction at 0x00007fff referenced memoryat 0x00000000. The memory could not be read

longmann, May 29, 2015
  7. jtjt00 Win User
    I am also using ESET Smart Security 8, following your guide, but in my case, need to un-install the ethernet driver too and restart before able to get back internet connection. The install back ESET Smart Security 8 without issue. Thank.

jtjt00, May 29, 2015
  8. CalBear37 Win User

Interesting... I had the problem of loosing Ethernet internet connection with the previous build. I found a later Broadcom driver and with Build 10130 in operation for a couple of days there are no Ethernet network problems.

CalBear37, May 30, 2015
  9. Yes, it is a "third Party" security software issue. Had same problem with Comodo Firewall. Uninstalled and reinstalled and all OK

bardell3600, May 30, 2015
  10. I've installed every new build since 9926, on several different platforms (PC's) in both x86 and x64 versions, doing ONLY Clean Installs and I've been amazed at what a great cache of drivers that MS has installed in Windows 10.
    The installer picks up every piece of hardware in the different PC's even the Epson printer on my main PC. It's amazing!!!

And never, have I had any problem with the new build finding and connecting to my router, either by LAN cable or WiFi.
    I do think that things just work a whole lot better when the new OS is Clean Installed, to a freshly formatted HD.

I let the new OS work with the resident "Windows Defender" for the first 24 hrs or so, before I install AVG and my AS software.
    So far, I've never seen any problem with the programs I've run for a decade or more. Windows 10 just seems very compatible, with everything.

Cheers mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, May 31, 2015
  11. MelyMoon Win User
    To solve this issue: UNINSTALL ANY ANTIVIRUS YOU HAVE, THEN REINSTALL IT.

MelyMoon, Jun 14, 2015
  12. TKaneT Win User
    OMG Thank you! ive been trying everything possible for 2 days now. I disabled all my firewalls even. wish i had of known it was this easy ages ago!

TKaneT, Jun 28, 2015
  13. TKaneT Win User

Uninstalled all of my AVG antivirus software and was like magic, the yellow triangle went away and I had Internet access

TKaneT, Jun 28, 2015
  14. TKaneT Win User
    Did it work for you?

TKaneT, Jun 29, 2015
  15. Yuval Win User
    No

Yuval, Jun 29, 2015
Thema:

1. No internet connection after 10130 update - Similar Threads - internet connection 10130

2. Firefox will not connect to internet after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firefox will not connect to internet after windows update: I tried to update Windows 10 and the update did not complete. Now I cannot get my Firefox browser to connect to the internet. How do I fix it?...
  3. Firefox will not connect to internet after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firefox will not connect to internet after windows update: I tried to update Windows 10 and the update did not complete. Now I cannot get my Firefox browser to connect to the internet. How do I fix it?...
  4. No internet connection after the 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet connection after the 20H2 update: After updating windows to the 20H2 version ive lost internet connectivity on both wireless and wired, after running 'ipconfig' in cmd, I find that my ip, subnetmask has been changed, I reconfigure my IPv4 settings but still i cant connect to the internet. Can anyone help me...
  5. Internet connection issues after updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connection issues after updating: Well just for clarification it wasn’t like this before the update. Well the first issue is that my WiFi always disconnects by itself when I’m not using my computer and you may think that’s not a big problem but that leads to many , when I try to reconnect to my WiFi it’s fine...
  6. Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update

Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update: I am somehow connecting to the wrong wired network when I connect to the surface doc. All network connections are wired properly to the correct ports, router, etc. It seem that I am connecting to a preferred wireless network, but the icon is showing a wired icon. I am not...
  7. No Internet Connectivity after Update

No Internet Connectivity after Update: Hi, I recently installed the 1903 update on my HP laptop. Afterward, I was unable to connect to the internet, even though sometimes it said I was connected. Did all the normal stuff and nothing worked. I have AT&T U-verse, and nothing else was affected. I rebooted the...
  8. After update apps won't connect to internet

After update apps won't connect to internet: Two hours ago I got the notice that a new update was available, I installed it. The install went as others have, smoothly. After the restart anything that was to use an internet connect would not work. I have connection, I checked with my IP, all android devices connect as...
  9. weird internet access problems - build 10130

weird internet access problems - build 10130: hi all, i moved from win 7 to win 10, build 10130 today. at first it didn't give me any kind of internet access, not through wifi, not through ethernet (phone usb threading) searched the net and found a solution, through command prompt after that, i have internet...
  10. Infinite bootloop after updating to 10130

in Windows 10 Support
    Infinite bootloop after updating to 10130: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/infinite-bootloop-after-updating-to-10130/5d39228c-9dc5-4ef9-9a29-5d3076f37d22 Hi, I am using a Lenovo E530 notebook with a Kingston HyperX SSD and i updated from 10122 to 10130. When...