Windows 10: No internet connection after latest update on 10074

Discus and support No internet connection after latest update on 10074 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 3 updates were installed last night. 2 were for defender and 1 was for .net. After reboot two things happened, firstly no internet. Second can't open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dazhan, May 15, 2015.

1. dazhan Win User

No internet connection after latest update on 10074

3 updates were installed last night. 2 were for defender and 1 was for .net. After reboot two things happened, firstly no internet. Second can't open start page. You could right click and options were provided like switching off and various settings. After starting computer this morning this has started working again?
    But still no internet. I trouble shooted and Im told there is no Ethernet driver so go to driver settings and find the driver is there and is the latest drive for my computer. I uninstalled the 2 defender updates but was not given option for .net update.
    Then thought I'd restore to a point before update but restore point was not switched on (you would think on would be the default position).
    I duel boot this computer with Mint17 and the internet works as usual there.
    Any other suggestions would be appreciated
    thanks

:)

dazhan, May 15, 2015

2. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

On Oct 13 windows updated.

The update must've invited malware into my computer. I tried to run my antivirus after the update but it said there's no connection. Google chrome lost connection as well and then I got a pop-up saying that Windows Defender found and blocked a "Severe Trojan
    threat". So I deleted it and I still don't have connection... (weirdly) the only thing that works is the Explorer app. I have internet; the Wi-Fi works just fine but, everything else doesn't connect. It's something internal that must be causing
    the problem and it all started after the update.

P.S.

It also changed my network from private to public so I had to fix that.

And YES, I did allow these programs through the Firewall so that's not the problem.

No Internet, May 15, 2015
  3. Windows 10 upgrade - Failed to install the new preview build; please try again later. 0x80070005

Hi All, I have build 10074 installed all updates run perfectly but im getting the same error when its trying to download the latest build via windows update. Please help. No internet connection after latest update on 10074 :)

ShanielSingh, May 15, 2015
  4. dazhan Win User

Forgot to mention connected by cable not wifi

dazhan, May 15, 2015
Thema:

1. No internet connection after latest update on 10074 - Similar Threads - internet connection latest

2. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  3. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  4. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update: It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take my computer out to be looked at -- is there a simple at-home fix?...
  5. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update: It seems this is an on-going problem with Windows Updates. This is the second time it has happened to me this year. I would prefer not to have to take my computer out to be looked at -- is there a simple at-home fix?...
  6. No internet connection after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. No Internet connection following latest W10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet connection following latest W10 update: I can not connect to the Internet since running the latest Windows 10 update on my Dell Laptop. It was fine for a short while but just stopped. The trouble shooter tells me that " Security or firewall settings might be blocking the connection" but I doubt it. My other devices...
  8. No Internet Connectivity after Update

No Internet Connectivity after Update: Hi, I recently installed the 1903 update on my HP laptop. Afterward, I was unable to connect to the internet, even though sometimes it said I was connected. Did all the normal stuff and nothing worked. I have AT&T U-verse, and nothing else was affected. I rebooted the...
  9. Why is there a problem with internet connectivity after the latest update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is there a problem with internet connectivity after the latest update?: Why is there a problem with internet connectivity after the latest update? I had to roll back in order to have internet again and my router and internet connection are working perfectly, none of my other devices have problems. I tried every trick in the book from the...
  10. No internet connection after latest Windows Updates

No internet connection after latest Windows Updates: The latest updates(cumulative update KB4467702 and some others with it) broke the internet on two machines for me. Both computers are connected through Ethernet. One through router, one through switch. I tried almost everything I could find as a potential fix and nothing...