Windows 10: "No internet connection" but it actually is connected

Discus and support "No internet connection" but it actually is connected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi its been a while since I posted an issue. I have this problem for a while I am not sure what's going on, So what happens is sometimes when I play a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Heartless, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Heartless Win User

"No internet connection" but it actually is connected

Hi its been a while since I posted an issue. I have this problem for a while I am not sure what's going on, So what happens is sometimes when I play a game or when I am on something like Discord for example sometimes my internet disconnects except for that program I am on. I went to check to see if my phone connects to the internet and it works fine, but my PC doesn't. However, the weird thing is when I go to troubleshooting I get this
    Attachment 126556
    It fixes itself when I see that. I may be my wireless LAN card (Correct me if that's not how you say it xD) but I am not sure.

:)

Heartless, Mar 24, 2017
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Mar 24, 2017
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Mar 24, 2017
  4. "No internet connection" but it actually is connected

Hi Heartless.

Yes your wireless is the issue. You will see numerous postings on this forum.

To start please tell which wireless adapter you have, taken directly from the Device Manager.

This can be caused from a whole list of issues, drivers, power settings, router channels, router band, etc.

While your in Device Manager getting your make and model number of your wireless adapter click on the Power Management tab and remove the check mark "Let Windows shut off this device to save power".

Then head to Power Options and under Wireless adapter make sure both are set to maximum power.

Next we will produce a report to show you and the members info about your wireless set up and the networks in your area.

To be sure we are not dealing with network interference at a command prompt(admin)
    Netsh wlan show all
    (produces report on wireless. Once output is produced, click in command window, then Crtl + A, then open Notepad and Crtl + C to paste. Post text file.)

You may also wish to visualize some of this information using this tool. Basically it will show you all networks, strength and security.

inSSIDer 3.1.2.1 Download - TechSpot

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 24, 2017
  5. Heartless Win User
    Hi thanks for your response My Wireless LAN card is called 802.11n Wireless LAN Card (Manufacturer: Ralink Technology, Corp.) Driver Version 5.0.48.0

Here is the text file after I did Netsh wlan show all (Remove the link if that wasn't what I was suppose to do)

Heartless, Mar 25, 2017
  6. Thanks. Here is tutorial on uploading.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums

I was able to get file, looks like the start of information was lost. That said I think your network name is Shaw-E9BB54 and you are using channel 6. It also looks like you have an HP printer that is broadcasting on Channel 6 and it is reasonable strong as well.

I would try moving to channel 8 on router. I would also disable the stuff in Windows 10 that allows Windows to try open networks.
    Click Start => Settings => Network and Internet => Wifi

On the right hand side you will see WiFi Sense. Disable it and the other two options below it.

Test.

Others have found disabling ipV6 helps. See link. Easy to shut off and reverse.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...nts-in-windows

Then there is the driver, likely an older one. Let's see if above helps first.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 25, 2017
  7. denny Win User
    Try rebooting your system.

denny, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

"No internet connection" but it actually is connected

1. "No internet connection" but it actually is connected - Similar Threads - internet connection actually

2. Internet says connected but it's not connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet says connected but it's not connecting: Internet is connected but when attempting to open a new web page it's not connecting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-says-connected-but-its-not-connecting/9a335977-32aa-4fb7-92a2-cb05acfc301c
  3. No internet connection while connected

No internet connection while connected: Hello,Since yesterday I have issues while connecting to the internet. On both ethernet and Wi-Fi. When booting up the computer after a week the internet connection shows up but cant connect to the internet.All the other devices are working, even other windows computers....
  4. diagnose intermittent internet connection problems, actually there is internet access...

diagnose intermittent internet connection problems, actually there is internet access...: Hello everyone, I'm head of IT in my company and we have some strange problems with 3 PC in our network. In our network we have more than 20 PC, but only 3 PC have the same problem. During the day in intermittent way they can't connection with browser, mail or other...
  5. Internet is connected but shows not connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet is connected but shows not connected: I have this problem where even though I'm connected to my modem via eternet cord or wifi when i connect for a second it says I'm connected but then it starts showing that I'm not connected. I don't understand why it keeps doing this I've reset my pc and also the network...
  6. Ethernet Connection in the taskbar says no internet but actually I have internet in other...

Ethernet Connection in the taskbar says no internet but actually I have internet in other...: Hi, The Ethernet connection symbol in the Taskbar changes to no internet. But I have a stable internet connection wirelessly in all my other devices from the same router. Few months ago I switched to Windows Insider Program and switched to the Dev Channel. I receive...
  7. Display "No Internet Access" while actually my Internet connection is okay

Display "No Internet Access" while actually my Internet connection is okay: Hi, My Windows version is 20H2 OS Build 19042.630. I am using the desktop computer with Ethernet cable connected to it. My Internet connection is actually connected, and I can access the Internet. But, the icon at the bottom right corner of the taskbar shows that "No...
  8. No Internet Connection and Not connected

No Internet Connection and Not connected: Hi Dear, My laptop has several problems: 1.when i used my computer on yesterday, i still works and a hour later, it shows no network, it is totally not shown any icons, like wifi, networks, Bluetooth... At the task bar 2. Also no network shown too, whatever the next...
  9. Internet Connected but no Internet

Internet Connected but no Internet: Whenever I go on to the internet it says No internet and the diagnostics say The remote device or resource won't accept the connection. The error is ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED. When i go to Network connections it says the Network Cable is Unplugged for Ethernet but i've...
  10. no network connection but connected to internet

no network connection but connected to internet: Windows 10 Home Version 1803 I recently changed my ISP. Now I'm connected to the internet, but Microsoft apps/app store/updates and such say I'm not connected. I've searched the forums and tried every fix I can find. I've reset the network adapter and tried updating the...