Windows 10: No internet connection form Ethernet while Wireless works.

Discus and support No internet connection form Ethernet while Wireless works. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. My problem is this. My desktop for some reason can't connect to Ethernet, but it still can connect to the wireless connection(Wifi). I have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stay3d, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Stay3d Win User

No internet connection form Ethernet while Wireless works.

Hello. My problem is this. My desktop for some reason can't connect to Ethernet, but it still can connect to the wireless connection(Wifi). I have no idea why this is and it's getting really annoying.

Thanks to any one who could offer a fix *Smile

:)

Stay3d, Aug 3, 2016
  2. RonBueing Win User

Windows 10 No "WiFi" Option

I am connected to the internet via an Ethernet connection. I need to access my WiFi network, but no WiFi option shows up in Network & Internet list on the left hand side of the page and the only available network showing is to my **** Router which is connected
    by Ethernet. The wireless router is working and several other devices are connected, but I cannot see the wireless network on my computer and it has a wireless card. When we set up the router at first it would only connect via wireless and not by Ethernet.
    I wanted the Ethernet connection for the desktop computer for the speed, so we disabled the wireless during the set up of the router. The wireless now does not even show up to be enabled. Any ideas.

RonBueing, Aug 3, 2016
  3. GeorgeM53 Win User
    Internet connection Problems with Windows 10

I have a Dell Inspiron15R that I updated to windows10. I cannot connect by wireless to the internet, it says there are no connections. I plug in the ethernet and connection is fine, checked wireless card and windows says it is working fine. Remove the
    ethernet cable and windows says no connections available. What is the problem?

GeorgeM53, Aug 3, 2016
  4. Stay3d Win User

Sorry to bother you guys the problem has been solved!
    I've been restarting my router wrong all this time :/

Stay3d, Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

1. No internet connection form Ethernet while Wireless works. - Similar Threads - internet connection form

2. Wired ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no internet" but wireless works?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired ethernet connection shows as "unidentified network, no internet" but wireless works?: So I got a new gaming pc since I had it I have been using a wireless connection but now I am trying to connect with the ethernet cable and it shows up as an unidentified network but its the same as the wireless one so not sure why it says that it also never connects its say...
  3. Ethernet is connected to the internet, but internet doesn't work.

Ethernet is connected to the internet, but internet doesn't work.: Today my PC suddenly stopped working with anything internet related, doesn't reach websites on Google Chrome, apps like Discord and Steam went offline. But Ethernet status hasn't changed, it still shows that it's connected. First my IPv6 connectivity had no internet...
  4. Ethernet connection issues, internet working

Ethernet connection issues, internet working: I have an issue where my ethernet connection on my PC sometimes fails to work even though all my internet home devices connected to the same connection are working perfectly when I plug my wifi stick into this PC which I used for months before I tried ethernet, it also...
  5. No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless

No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless: I have a Windows 10 desktop that will not connect to the Internet either wired Ethernet or wireless. It previously connected fine through a D-Link DWA-140 USB wireless adapter. I swapped the adapter to an identical machine and it worked fine. I plugged in a known working...
  6. Can connect to internet via ethernet but not wireless

Can connect to internet via ethernet but not wireless: My wireless symbol has changed and I can only connect to the internet when I put the ethernet cable into my laptop. What is wrong>...
  7. Wireless / Ethernet connection to internet permanently ON?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wireless / Ethernet connection to internet permanently ON?: Hi As the title reads. Is it safe to have a permanent connection to the internet, even leaving a wired connection plugged in whilst rebooting and signing into the Windows profile? Thanks 58099
  8. Internet connection by ethernet / wireless - always on / plugged in?

Internet connection by ethernet / wireless - always on / plugged in?: Hi Sorry if not the correct place to ask, but do people usually leave their internet connection always connected to online? Whether connected by ethernet or via wireless? I tend to plug when logging off and re-plug in when fully booted up and logged into windows....
  9. slower internet connection on ethernet than wireless

slower internet connection on ethernet than wireless: i have a AC600 wifi adapter and a ASUS rt-ac1200g+ router, we pay for 100mbps down. i can hit 30mbps on the wifi adapter but when i try ethernet it is locked at 10mbps at full duplex which is really weird. i have tried cat5e/6/7 but all does the same. i have tried in cmd...
  10. Wireless internet works, multiple devices not connecting via ethernet

Wireless internet works, multiple devices not connecting via ethernet: Last week or so, we had a storm, and devices got unplugged. Internet service was out briefly. Wireless internet came back shortly after, but my desktop and our PS4 both can't connect to the internet via ethernet, and I can't figure out why. I've done the usual stuff: power...