Windows 10: No internet connection solved

Discus and support No internet connection solved in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I just wanted to share my experience of not being able to connect to the internet after updating to W10 Creators update (Build 16299.rs3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by flyingkiwi, Mar 30, 2018.

1. No internet connection solved

Hello,
    I just wanted to share my experience of not being able to connect to the internet after updating to W10 Creators update (Build 16299.rs3 170928-1535) and how I got it working.

After numerous attempts at all the fixes I could find on numerous websites this is what I ended up doing...

1. Open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network Connections'
    2. Clicked on my ethernet connection and clicked on 'change settings of this connection' (I did the same for my wifi)
    3. Unticked all the boxes and clicked on 'Okay'.
    4. Then I clicked on 'Diagnose this connection' and bingo it started working again!

I haven't tried reticking them all as I was just relieved to have it working...maybe someone can chime in with info on why this worked...

Hope this works for someone else who might have had this problem!

Regards Russ.

:)

flyingkiwi, Mar 30, 2018

2. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

On Oct 13 windows updated.

The update must've invited malware into my computer. I tried to run my antivirus after the update but it said there's no connection. Google chrome lost connection as well and then I got a pop-up saying that Windows Defender found and blocked a "Severe Trojan
    threat". So I deleted it and I still don't have connection... (weirdly) the only thing that works is the Explorer app. I have internet; the Wi-Fi works just fine but, everything else doesn't connect. It's something internal that must be causing
    the problem and it all started after the update.

P.S.

It also changed my network from private to public so I had to fix that.

And YES, I did allow these programs through the Firewall so that's not the problem.

No Internet, Mar 30, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    [SOLVED] No Internet Connection After Upgrading To Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your solution, it will helps the other community members who are facing the similar issues.

In case, if you need any assistance you may always post your questions along with your valuable suggestions in this forum.

Arul_D, Mar 30, 2018
Thema:

No internet connection solved

1. No internet connection solved - Similar Threads - internet connection solved

2. WiFi is connect but no internet I to solve it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi is connect but no internet I to solve it: The wifi problem I want to clear please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-is-connect-but-no-internet-i-to-solve-it/75750a28-a763-4495-b250-16ddfd02570f
  3. WiFi is connect but no internet I to solve it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi is connect but no internet I to solve it: The wifi problem I want to clear please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-is-connect-but-no-internet-i-to-solve-it/75750a28-a763-4495-b250-16ddfd02570f
  4. No Internet Connection after waking computer from sleep: SOLVED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Connection after waking computer from sleep: SOLVED: My computer was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and whenever it wakes up from sleep/hibernate mode, I have to run the diagnostic process to fix this issue: "Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration”. I've tried every possible tip but finally decided to go to Realtek, the...
  5. [SOLVED] Windows 10 Cannot Connect To The Internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [SOLVED] Windows 10 Cannot Connect To The Internet.: Windows simply will not connect to the internet. Neither wifi nor ethernet is working for internet access. To make it more confusing I am fully connected to my lan. I can ping and ssh to my server and all containers, the router can be pinged and hit through the browser. All...
  6. Very Slow Internet Connections (Solved)

Very Slow Internet Connections (Solved): For the past few days, my wife's computer has been very slow to connect to the Internet. Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900). Browsers used: FIrefox, MS Edge (not the new one), Google Chrome. Examples: 1. NY Times, 21 seconds to connect, then articles downloaded...
  7. No Internet Connection and Not connected

No Internet Connection and Not connected: Hi Dear, My laptop has several problems: 1.when i used my computer on yesterday, i still works and a hour later, it shows no network, it is totally not shown any icons, like wifi, networks, Bluetooth... At the task bar 2. Also no network shown too, whatever the next...
  8. Internet Connected but no Internet

Internet Connected but no Internet: Whenever I go on to the internet it says No internet and the diagnostics say The remote device or resource won't accept the connection. The error is ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED. When i go to Network connections it says the Network Cable is Unplugged for Ethernet but i've...
  9. Windows 10 - Error 1068 - No sounds / No internet connection (SOLVED)

Windows 10 - Error 1068 - No sounds / No internet connection (SOLVED): Hi guys, I need guidance and help. Issue on Windows 10 - I have no connection ("not connected- no connections are available) - I have no sound (the audio service is not running) The clue might be here so: For some reasons the 2nd keyboard icons disappeared (I...
  10. lost internet after upgrade solved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost internet after upgrade solved: I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and lost LAN, so could not connect to internet. Troubleshooter advised a possible driver problem with the network card, however the Realtek GBT family card showed up as working in device manager. Researching Internet came up with no solution. I...