Windows 10: No internet connection using a new router

Discus and support No internet connection using a new router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I bought a new Netgear router since the old one was giving me some issues. I connected it up, did everything with my ssid and password &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mazate, Aug 13, 2016.

1. mazate Win User

No internet connection using a new router

Hello!

I bought a new Netgear router since the old one was giving me some issues. I connected it up, did everything with my ssid and password & such, and tried to use it. I discovered that the wifi is working great but my desktop is connected to the router via ethernet and I can't get an internet connection. I have connection to the router in the sense that I can get into the router settings and otherwise see the network fine. I just don't have any internet. Wireless connections do have internet. My ethernet connection doesn't. I dual boot with Ubuntu Linux and when I boot into linux the internet works fine so there's something in Windows that is preventing me from getting an internet connection.

If anyone can provide a little bit of insight on what I'm doing wrong, it would be most appreciated!

:)

mazate, Aug 13, 2016
  2. FaustasZ Win User

Internet connection problem using new router

Hello,

So, after buying new router, which is ASUS RT-AC51U, I cannot connect to the internet. When I connected new router to my PC, I saw a windows pop-up which came after I connected it. It comes whenever I connect new internet network. I believe, that I was too
    slow to press "allow", because pop-up dissappeared after few seconds.. Now I have no idea how to connect to internet using new router. Everything works well with old one. Any ideas?

FaustasZ, Aug 13, 2016
  3. FaustasZ Win User
    Internet connection problem using new router

Thank you, for your quick response. I followed every method and it didnt work. I quess, I will contact my service provider, they should fix it. Only one more question, about that pop-up of new internet network, it happened to me in the past, I solved it
    by chaging ports on the router and that forced my PC to realease that its another new network. But this router, which I have now doesnt do that... My question would be, why that pop-up message dissappears so quickly, or even why it does not save in notification
    area? There is no way to force that pop-up message to apear?

FaustasZ, Aug 13, 2016
  4. No internet connection using a new router

Log in Router.. from any of the computer on which internet is working... using wireless connection.
    Basic >> Internet >>> use the computer's mac address apply and reboot router.

manish9009, Aug 16, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Incorrectly set up. Make sure that it is set up for how your ISP delivers your Internet to you. Since you would be using a Gateway behind a Modem, you have to set it up that way. Ethernet does not require a SSID or key to connect. You do need to power it down while replacing network equipment, since it will hold on to the last Gateway connected info. Also you do not need to plug in your MAC ID from your computer anymore with the newer firmwares. You should be able to get a Dynamic IP once you reboot your computer.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No internet connection using a new router

1. No internet connection using a new router - Similar Threads - internet connection using

2. Computer is connected to new router, but browser says no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is connected to new router, but browser says no internet: My mother-in-law just got a T-Mobile internet gateway. We installed it last night and everything connected is working except for my computer. It says that it's connected and has internet access, but when I open my browser it says no internet access. Is there anything I can do...
  3. Computer is connected to new router, but browser says no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is connected to new router, but browser says no internet: My mother-in-law just got a T-Mobile internet gateway. We installed it last night and everything connected is working except for my computer. It says that it's connected and has internet access, but when I open my browser it says no internet access. Is there anything I can do...
  4. Computer is connected to new router, but browser says no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch: Hi dear support team and the community, I have a problem and I hope you can help me. 1. I have a basic configuration:D-link router connected to the ISP,Computer with Win 10 an NAS drive connected to the router. Everything is working well, and I see all devices and Internet....
  6. Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch: Hi dear support team and the community, I have a problem and I hope you can help me. 1. I have a basic configuration:D-link router connected to the ISP,Computer with Win 10 an NAS drive connected to the router. Everything is working well, and I see all devices and Internet....
  7. Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch

8. Cannot receive emails or browse internet while connected to a new router

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot receive emails or browse internet while connected to a new router: Hi all,Please assist. I recently moved to a new home and received a new router. My windows 10 laptop will connect to the wifi, but will not download emails or allow me onto the internet.I have done everything that has been seen as possible solutions. Resetting router,...
  9. New Router Working with Internet but not PCs

New Router Working with Internet but not PCs: Hi I seem to have a problem which on the face of it is purely due to installing a new up-to-date router. Prior to installing the router all PCs had access to the other two PCs on our network; lets call them A, B and C. Since installing the router I only have two way access...
  10. new router unable to connect printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new router unable to connect printer: i have recently had a Sky router installed, previously Talktalk. Since changing router I am unable to connect my devices to me printer, it just doesnt seem to recognise printer at all. Wifi working well on all device...