Windows 10: No internet connection with static IP

Discus and support No internet connection with static IP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have a strange issue with Win10, I'm trying to assign a static IP so I can RDP to the machine and use wake on lan. When the pc has a DHCP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DxxS, Jul 4, 2016.

1. DxxS Win User

No internet connection with static IP

Hi guys,
    I have a strange issue with Win10, I'm trying to assign a static IP so I can RDP to the machine and use wake on lan.
    When the pc has a DHCP assigned IP it can access the internet but when I assign a static one(even the one DHCP assigned) it gets no internet connection.
    Stranger still, when on DHCP it can ping everything on the network but nothing can ping it.

I've been racking my brains going over and over every setting but can't figure it out.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Dave.

:)

DxxS, Jul 4, 2016

2. How to CONFIGURE Static IP address on Windows Mobile 7.8

I use static IP for two reasons.
    1. All systems are connected on wired LAN with fixed IP.
    2. Two level protection on WiFi - One is password & second is static IP. Anyone just cannot log into my WiFi and start using our internet connection. I also have a control on which systems can use the internet and which cannot.

I hope Microsoft include Static IP for particular connections on the Windows Phones.

phani

phani kumarp, Jul 4, 2016
  3. heulaup Win User
    Nokia Lumia 520 Internet connection problem

This WiFi is connected but it won't browse the internet is it? I've encountered this problem before and solved it by using static IP address but not on a Lumia. Sadly I don't think setting static IP is an option for WP8.

heulaup, Jul 4, 2016
  4. ksio89 Win User

Are you sure you're typing the correct addresses? For example, if you want your PC LAN IPv4 to be 192.168.0.2, then it must be:

Address IP: 192.168.0.2
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1

Preferred DNS Server: 192.168.0.1 or primary ISP DNS IP
    Alternative DNS Server: it can be left blank or it can be the secondary ISP DNS IP

Maybe a network service or router firewall is blocking some TCP/IP ports? Could you post a screenshot of Network and Sharing Center status?

ksio89, Jul 4, 2016
  5. DxxS Win User
    Thanks for the reply,
    I'm definately typing the address right.

Pic1 - Network and sharing when on dhcp.
    Pic2 - appears as soon as I apply a static address.
    Pic3 - network and sharing on static.

No internet connection with static IP [​IMG]

No difference between 1 and 3 that I can see, but when I try to access say amazon.co.uk I get 'Page cannot be found'.

Thanks,

DxxS, Jul 5, 2016
  6. ksio89 Win User
    Well, could you click on Ethernet and then on Details, both on DHCP and local static IP?

ksio89, Jul 5, 2016
  7. DxxS Win User
    Figured it out.
    When I was going to set the static IP the default gateway was prefilled(and correct) so I didn't manuall retype it in, however when I was clicking ok it was treating it as though i'd left it blank.

I still can't ping the machine from anywhere else on the network. Will start at the firewall.

Thanks for you help.

DxxS, Jul 5, 2016
  8. DxxS Win User

Yep, that was the firewall. switched it off and it pinged. joint the win10 machine to the home group with the win7 pc and ping and rdp work fine.

Again, thanks for your help.

DxxS, Jul 5, 2016
  9. ksio89 Win User
    Glad to know you partially solved your Homegroup issue. But I don't believe turning off the router firewall is an adequate solution, the firewall isn't supposed to block traffic from PCs within your own network. And it's not safe as well. I have two laptops on Homegroup and one acts as a Remote Desktop Connection host, and I did not need to deactivate the firewall to accomplish that. Maybe you could check what ports Remote Desktop Protocol uses so the firewall does not block them.

ksio89, Jul 5, 2016
  10. DxxS Win User
    Sorry, when I said i switched off the firewall I meant the windows firewall, it's now back on.
    Now that both PC's are on the same home group ping and rdp work perfectly.

Thanks.

Thema:

1. No internet connection with static IP - Similar Threads - internet connection static

2. Windows Server 2022 new install-no internet connection with static IP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2022 new install-no internet connection with static IP: Hello,We just deployed windows server 2022 on Dell\EMC rack mount rs350. Before adding any roles or features we have some issues. This is 2nd time we deployed OS. When both Nics are set to DHCP we have internet connection and can do MS updates and ping gateway server...
  3. Windows Server 2022 new install-no internet connection with static IP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2022 new install-no internet connection with static IP: Hello,We just deployed windows server 2022 on Dell\EMC rack mount rs350. Before adding any roles or features we have some issues. This is 2nd time we deployed OS. When both Nics are set to DHCP we have internet connection and can do MS updates and ping gateway server...
  4. Static ip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static ip: i've had a static ip for 10+ years and now when i set it it says i have an unidentifiable network and it wont connect at all, ive had windows diagnose the problem and fixes it by saying the DHCP is disabled, any help would be appreciated. im useing nord vpn if that helps at...
  5. Static ip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static ip: i've had a static ip for 10+ years and now when i set it it says i have an unidentifiable network and it wont connect at all, ive had windows diagnose the problem and fixes it by saying the DHCP is disabled, any help would be appreciated. im useing nord vpn if that helps at...
  6. Static ip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 10 Computer loses Internet Connection with Static IP

Windows 10 Computer loses Internet Connection with Static IP: My computer will only connect to the internet if it has an address assigned via DHCP. Otherwise if I statically set an address, it will be ignored and use the Windows default address of 169.254.X.X.What I have tried* Switching from Static to DHCP and back again.* Unplugging...
  8. Losing Internet Connection with Static IP

Losing Internet Connection with Static IP: Hi, We recently move our DHCP service on Unify USG gateway and there are problems happen when we set up static IP for any computer, no matter we put the IP address out of the DHCP range or the one preferredin the DHCP range by system, it will lost internet connection...
  9. Internet for static ip??

Internet for static ip??: Hi, I have a computer with a static ip of 10.19.1.100 which is connected to a router. How can I get internet access to it? The router has a with an ip of 172.x.y.1 and a DNS of 172.x.y.103. I tried giving my computer a DNS of 172.x.y.103 but that did nothing. Is this...
  10. IP Connect to Static IP

IP Connect to Static IP: I have an A-V device with a static IP address. With my XP-Pro laptop, I can connect fine, but with my new laptop running WIN10Pro, I can't seem to find the right combination of settings to"see" the device. The static IP allows control of the A-V device's app., with the app....