Windows 10: No internet connection

Discus and support No internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My sister-in-law switched to Windows 10, and now can not connect to the internet. Every time she tries the screen goes black. Any suggestions? 72584 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rew213, Dec 15, 2016.

1. rew213 Win User

No internet connection

My sister-in-law switched to Windows 10, and now can not connect to the internet. Every time she tries the screen goes black. Any suggestions?

:)

rew213, Dec 15, 2016

2. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

On Oct 13 windows updated.

The update must've invited malware into my computer. I tried to run my antivirus after the update but it said there's no connection. Google chrome lost connection as well and then I got a pop-up saying that Windows Defender found and blocked a "Severe Trojan
    threat". So I deleted it and I still don't have connection... (weirdly) the only thing that works is the Explorer app. I have internet; the Wi-Fi works just fine but, everything else doesn't connect. It's something internal that must be causing
    the problem and it all started after the update.

P.S.

It also changed my network from private to public so I had to fix that.

And YES, I did allow these programs through the Firewall so that's not the problem.

No Internet, Dec 15, 2016
  3. Wi-Fi is on // No connection (after Windows Update)

still isn't working.

No Internet, Dec 15, 2016
  4. Asuza Win User

No internet connection

Hello rew213,

By switching to Windows 10, do you mean a fresh install or an upgrade ?

Also, is she using a desktop or a laptop?

Asuza, Dec 15, 2016
  5. rew213 Win User
    I believe it is an update, and she is using a laptop
    Thanks

rew213, Dec 15, 2016
  6. Asuza Win User
    Could you google the model number of her laptop and download the latest WiFi / WLAN driver from the manufacturer's website?

If you don't know it, open up Windows Run by pressing the WINDOWS + R key combination and typing "msinfo32"
    There should be some information like "System model" and "System manufacturer" wich should help you to the right direction.

Save the driver package on a USB stick and plug it in your sister's laptop.

On her laptop, open up Windows Run by pressing the WINDOWS + R key combination and typing "devmgmt.msc"

Search for an entry called "Network Adapters" and there should be a WLAN or Wi-Fi adapter.
    Right click and choose for "Undo Installation" (Sorry, my Windows is in Dutch. I am translating this by myself, the actual description could be different).

Then, install the new driver package from the USB stick. A reboot is likely to be required after the installation has finished.

Also, some other things:

- Make sure that the laptop is not in airplane mode ( Notification menu Windows Anniversary update )
    - Make sure that the physical Wi-Fi button on the laptop itself is not toggled.

Please let me know if this has worked.

Asuza, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No internet connection

1. No internet connection - Similar Threads - internet connection

2. My pc shows i have internet connection but it doesn't work in whole pc why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc shows i have internet connection but it doesn't work in whole pc why?: Hi , about 2 days ago after i started my pc and tried to use the internet in chrome and genshin impact it gave a connectivity problem but i was using the internet in my phone very smoothly and without problem. I am connecting my pc to internet via a usb cable that is...
  3. My pc shows i have internet connection but it doesn't work in whole pc why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc shows i have internet connection but it doesn't work in whole pc why?: Hi , about 2 days ago after i started my pc and tried to use the internet in chrome and genshin impact it gave a connectivity problem but i was using the internet in my phone very smoothly and without problem. I am connecting my pc to internet via a usb cable that is...
  4. My pc shows i have internet connection but it doesn't work in whole pc why?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...: I’ve had issues with my drivers and was looking for ways to fix it. I tried disabling all launch programs and when I restarted my pc it was basically useless. I’ve reactivated all launch programs and nothing changed my pc literally cannot connect to the internet for now....
  6. My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...

My pc won’t connect to the internet and the WiFi option in the setting has disappeared I...: I’ve had issues with my drivers and was looking for ways to fix it. I tried disabling all launch programs and when I restarted my pc it was basically useless. I’ve reactivated all launch programs and nothing changed my pc literally cannot connect to the internet for now....
  7. Windows 7 won't connect to the internet even though it shows it's connected

Windows 7 won't connect to the internet even though it shows it's connected: I'm running Windows 7 it shows it's connected to the internet but it's not actually connecting to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-wont-connect-to-the-internet-even-though/3ab8b931-ba3c-46c7-a541-36103d1f99a5
  8. Windows 7 won't connect to the internet even though it shows it's connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 won't connect to the internet even though it shows it's connected: I'm running Windows 7 it shows it's connected to the internet but it's not actually connecting to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-wont-connect-to-the-internet-even-though/3ab8b931-ba3c-46c7-a541-36103d1f99a5
  9. Can't connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to internet: Cnt connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-internet/8cdf33b1-22c5-4043-a947-0229fb6f9e99
  10. Can't connect to internet

Can't connect to internet: Cnt connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-internet/8cdf33b1-22c5-4043-a947-0229fb6f9e99