Windows 10: No Internet Explorer after reset

Discus and support No Internet Explorer after reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ouch. TenForums, thanks to Kyhi, has a recovery disk that you boot from to copy your data. Not sure of circumstances but so you you are aware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018.

1. No Internet Explorer after reset

Ouch.

TenForums, thanks to Kyhi, has a recovery disk that you boot from to copy your data. Not sure of circumstances but so you you are aware should this happen again.

You could try DISM, tutorial attached.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Two options, one for command prompt and one for power shell. Basically the same steps, commands slightly different.

If that fails or as an alternative you could do a clean install from a USB Thumb Drive. That is the route I would go at this time as it sounds like machine doesn't have a lot on it.

Clean Install Windows 10

With HP there maybe a few drivers to add after the install to get hot buttons and disk guard operational. For the most part Windows will install the bulk of the drivers to get you to an operational machine. You already have the USB Thumb drive made if you tried the repair / upgrade method.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
  2. den942 Win User

After a factory reset Internet Explorer no longer works and QuickBooks Pro says it won't run without it. The Internet Explorer program folder is there with a few files but no .exe file. I tried to install it but get a pop up that it is already installed. It is not listed in Add/Remove Windows Programs to turn on. Is there any way to fix this?

:)

den942, Apr 12, 2018
  3. Internet Explorer 11 degrading after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

You can reset Internet Explorer settings to return them to the state they were in when Internet Explorer was first installed on your PC. This can be useful for troubleshooting problems that might be caused by settings changed after installation. Resetting
    Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 12, 2018
  4. No Internet Explorer after reset

Can't access google.com

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I would suggest you to reset Internet Explorer setting and check the issue.

Reset Internet Explorer settings

You can reset Internet Explorer settings to return them to the state they were in when Internet Explorer was first installed on your PC. This can be useful for troubleshooting problems that might be caused by settings changed after installation.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11Reset
    Internet Explorer settings

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset
    parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Please reply us back after performing the steps, we would be happy to assist you further on the issue.

Ashish Sondhi, Apr 12, 2018
  5. Hi den942. Welcome to the TenForums @den942

If you

Windows key + R, type optionalfeatures, enter.

Is Internet Explorer not listed there (This may be what you were referring to as Add/Remove)

What build are you on after this reset, Windows Key +R, type winver, enter.

Caledon Ken, Apr 12, 2018
  6. den942 Win User
    Windows 10 Version 1709 Build 16299.371

Yes, under optional features, Internet Explorer is not listed...

den942, Apr 12, 2018
  7. Well I think i would then do an inplace repair / upgrade. Since you are on 1709 this will just be an inplace repair.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

I always suggest having your personal data backed up which you likely already have from your reset.

Caledon Ken, Apr 12, 2018
  8. den942 Win User

No Internet Explorer after reset

I tried the inplace repair/upgrade and it wouldn't run. It said Windows could not be repair with this method.
    There is no back up because there was no access before it was factory reset.

den942, Apr 12, 2018
Thema:

No Internet Explorer after reset

1. No Internet Explorer after reset - Similar Threads - Internet Explorer reset

2. No internet after network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet after network reset: I reset my network yesterday on my Windows 10 Pro laptop, and ever since it has been unable to connect to the internet via Wifi the network reads No Internet, secured. I am able to connect in other devices.To note is that I restarted before the automatic five minute restart...
  3. No internet after network reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet after network reset: I reset my network yesterday on my Windows 10 Pro laptop, and ever since it has been unable to connect to the internet via Wifi the network reads No Internet, secured. I am able to connect in other devices.To note is that I restarted before the automatic five minute restart...
  4. No internet after network reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No internet after resetting my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet after resetting my computer: I recently reset my windows software, and now I have no ability to download my programs. I can "connect" to the internet, but can't reach any websites. I can ping just about any IP address, but there seems t be a deep problem in accessing DNS. I have gone through all the...
  6. No internet after resetting my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet after resetting my computer: I recently reset my windows software, and now I have no ability to download my programs. I can "connect" to the internet, but can't reach any websites. I can ping just about any IP address, but there seems t be a deep problem in accessing DNS. I have gone through all the...
  7. No internet after resetting my computer

8. Cannot reset Internet Explorer on Windows 10

Cannot reset Internet Explorer on Windows 10: Hello, everyone I hope someone can help me with the issue I am experiencing on my Windows 10 1902. To my amazement Quicken requires Internet Explorer to be installed on the system. I installed/enabled it through Optional Features. However, when I double-click on...
  9. Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show webpages properly after System Reset: After the System Reset for Windows 10 on my Laptop, it is not displaying webpages correctly on Internet Explorer 11. Below is the screenshot. Help would be greatly appreciated! *Smile [img] 38963
  10. Reset Internet Explorer to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Internet Explorer to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset Internet Explorer to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset Internet Explorer to Default in Windows 10 [img] Information default web browser. You can reset Internet Explorer settings to return them to the state they were in when Internet Explorer was...