Windows 10: No internet on ethernet, wifi works

Discus and support No internet on ethernet, wifi works in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This happened suddenly this morning. Connections and internet were working fine until it didn't. This may have started shortly after I disconnected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TV2, Apr 9, 2018.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

No internet on ethernet, wifi works

This happened suddenly this morning. Connections and internet were working fine until it didn't. This may have started shortly after I disconnected from my VPN, but I can't be sure.

Important: this behavior is happening on 2 ethernet connected PCs.
    WiFi works fine on the laptops.

In Network Settings > Adapter settings there is a red X over my TAP-Windows Adapter v9 and on my VPN adapter.
    The Local Area Connection adapter has no x.

Diagnostics say there is a network cable unplugged. Both PCs.
    Network devices are all enabled in Device Manager.

I can ping all PCs and laptops. So the ethernet cable connection from PC to router is OK.

The router is a Trendnet TEW-827DRU.
    I have restarted the router and the modem.
    I have disconnected all ethernet cables and tested each PC one at a time.

I suspect the problem lies in the router. Otherwise why would 2 PCs have the same problem?
    Looking for any help or possible tests or solutions.

:)

2. Pix7 Win User

"No Internet" on Ethernet but WiFi works.

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your reply. Here's the answer to your questions.

1. I just checked, LAN is enabled in my computer.

• ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew: the result was posted in the main post. I did this according to another post similar to mine in Microsoft Community.
    • Turned my router off and on again.
    • Turned off my WiFi and left Ethernet enabled, internet still unusable.
    • Updated my driver several times, disabled automatic driver update of Windows.
    • Replaced the cable to an entirely different one, still unusable.
    • Tried every slots of Ethernet cable at my router.
    • Tried to access 192.168.1.1 while plugged in the cable and enabled WiFi, can't access with "too long to response"
    Thank you.

Pix7, Apr 9, 2018
  3. "No Internet" on Ethernet but WiFi works.

Hi,

We would like to know more about your concern.

1. Have you check in your control panel if LAN is also enabled?

2. What have you done so far to resolve the issue?

Thank you.

Karina Aris, Apr 9, 2018
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

OK, Internet is back.
    I reset the router. Had to reconfigure all the settings. Everything working now. I think the reset did it.

Those 2 network adapters still have the red X on them. So is this normal? Do the TAP adapters on enable when you run the VPN or whatever Windows component uses the TAP-Windows Adapter v9?

Thema:

1. No internet on ethernet, wifi works - Similar Threads - internet ethernet wifi

2. Internet not working Wifi & Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet not working Wifi & Ethernet: Hello,I have been suffering from this problem and I am going to lose my mind because of it!I have searched and tried many methods from different resources and none worked for me, including but not limited to Microsoft's...
  3. Internet not working Wifi & Ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet not working Wifi & Ethernet: Hello,I have been suffering from this problem and I am going to lose my mind because of it!I have searched and tried many methods from different resources and none worked for me, including but not limited to Microsoft's...
  4. Internet not working Wifi & Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet and wifi not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet and wifi not working: I was using windows 7 on my desktop and finally decided to upgrade to win10.I updated it using the MediaCreatorTool and everything went smoothly. Decided to keep apps and personal files.But now, lan and wifi are connected but unresponsive.The Ethernet adapter is an intel one....
  6. Ethernet and wifi not working

Ethernet and wifi not working: I was using windows 7 on my desktop and finally decided to upgrade to win10.I updated it using the MediaCreatorTool and everything went smoothly. Decided to keep apps and personal files.But now, lan and wifi are connected but unresponsive.The Ethernet adapter is an intel one....
  7. Wifi/Ethernet not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi/Ethernet not working: This is my 5th time restarting my PC and the WIFI just started working. Normally it doesn't when I troubleshoot all it shows me is "Plug in a ethernet cable into this computer" but I don't have one, and when I press skip it says "Network cable broken or not plugged in" but...
  8. Wifi and Ethernet not connecting to Internet

Wifi and Ethernet not connecting to Internet: Sony Vaio FW Series laptop running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit I am not able to connect to Wifi network or using Ethernet cable. Error Message while connecting to wifi network - Can't connect to this network. I have tried reinstalling Windows 10, resetting wifi adapter...
  9. will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet

will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet: Hello, my windows 10 computer was fine and running well, now suddenly after I moved it will not connect to internet WiFi or Ethernet. I've replaced my WiFi card and the old one (only about a year old) works perfectly in another computer. When I run the diagnostic it tells me...
  10. Wifi and Ethernet not working

Wifi and Ethernet not working: Recently i connected a 15 m ethernet from my router to my pc because my wifi extender wasn’t working. Until today when i noticed my ethernet wasn’t flashing that was going into my pc and my ethernet icon wasn’t there it was just a wifi symbol. I could still connect to the...