Windows 10: No Keyboard or Mouse when started

Discus and support No Keyboard or Mouse when started in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi on my 4 year old ASUS PC, when the PC is fully booted to the login screen the keyboard and mouse are not functional. When startup begins the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by daniellouwrens, Feb 16, 2018.

1. No Keyboard or Mouse when started

Hi

on my 4 year old ASUS PC, when the PC is fully booted to the login screen the keyboard and mouse
    are not functional.

When startup begins the both are working, the keyboard can be used to get into BIOS or startup options
    and the light on the mouse is on, but when fully started there are no lights on the keyboard or mouse.

If I boot to a bootable DVD, like a W10 install disk both the keyboard and mouse work fine.

Any idea what I can look to to sort this out?

Thanks

Daniel

:)

daniellouwrens, Feb 16, 2018

2. Catastrophic problem with windows 10

Both keyboard and mouse are wired USB into the tower. Neither keyboard or mouse are working in this error condition. When my pc is initially powered up the mouse and keyboard are active it's only when windows 10 starts to load that the fault occurs and
    the keyboard and mouse stop working. I should also have said earlier I didn't make a windows 10 recovery disc. Is there any way I can obtain one of these.

wanderer038, Feb 16, 2018
  3. Unable to connect Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse.

I downloaded the Mouse and Keyboard Center but when it starts it says that it can not find any supported devices. If the Designer Keyboard and Mouse supported by the center? It does not show up in the list of supported devices.

Stephan

stephanstricker, Feb 16, 2018
  4. Plankton Win User

No Keyboard or Mouse when started

Are these USB connected? If so try moving them to a different USB port....preferably a 2.0 port.

Plankton, Feb 16, 2018
  5. Hi

yes, USB moved to USB 2 did not make any difference.

Cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Feb 16, 2018
  6. Hi

all sorted, I reinstalled the OS.

cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No Keyboard or Mouse when started

1. No Keyboard or Mouse when started - Similar Threads - Keyboard Mouse started

2. no mouse for keyboard when switching pc on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no mouse for keyboard when switching pc on: After installing a new ssd I cant use mouse or keyboard. I think it is a driver issue but without a mouse or keyboard I cant seem to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-mouse-for-keyboard-when-switching-pc-on/e3ed26f1-9afa-4b73-81b7-212dec28192e
  3. no mouse for keyboard when switching pc on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no mouse for keyboard when switching pc on: After installing a new ssd I cant use mouse or keyboard. I think it is a driver issue but without a mouse or keyboard I cant seem to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-mouse-for-keyboard-when-switching-pc-on/e3ed26f1-9afa-4b73-81b7-212dec28192e
  4. no mouse for keyboard when switching pc on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitors, keyboard and mouse not starting when booting the pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors, keyboard and mouse not starting when booting the pc: Hello, so lately I've encountered an issue with my pc that's been going on for a few days. When I start up my pc, my monitors, keyboard and mouse will not work at all. My pc starts up fine, fans spinning, lighting turns on, everything seems to work fine, except for everything...
  6. Monitors, keyboard and mouse not starting when booting the pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors, keyboard and mouse not starting when booting the pc: Hello, so lately I've encountered an issue with my pc that's been going on for a few days. When I start up my pc, my monitors, keyboard and mouse will not work at all. My pc starts up fine, fans spinning, lighting turns on, everything seems to work fine, except for everything...
  7. Keyboard and mouse stop working then start again

Keyboard and mouse stop working then start again: recently i was working on my computer when my keyboard and mouse both stopped working i tried restarting the desktop several times after it completely rebooted i got them back the mouse as i write this is stable and not stopping or disappearing but the keyboard will stop from...
  8. Mouse and Keyboard not working at start after regedit

Mouse and Keyboard not working at start after regedit: I changed my regedit of the ff:Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} UpperFilter Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96f-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} UpperFilter I got...
  9. keyboard and Mouse not opening up at start

keyboard and Mouse not opening up at start: My keyboard and mouse do not start when I start my Lenovo Win 10 laptop. I have to shut down and restart and enter my pin by touch and restart again before it starts to work....
  10. Bluetooth mouse and keyboard slow on start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth mouse and keyboard slow on start up: Hi, I'm experiencing issues with a very slow keyboard and mouse for around 3-4 minutes on start up on my PC, after this time it seems to sort itself out. Both are bluetooth (Logitech) and linked via a trust bluetooth dongle. Any ideas as really annoying! Ive tried...