Windows 10: No keyboard response once w10 boots up

Discus and support No keyboard response once w10 boots up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 10061 installed now over a week. Today, during boot, I typed in my Pin and went to the desktop. Now the KB will not respond to typing in several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by meebers, Apr 25, 2015.

1. meebers Win User

No keyboard response once w10 boots up

10061 installed now over a week. Today, during boot, I typed in my Pin and went to the desktop. Now the KB will not respond to typing in several programs/apps. I use this machine with a SSD swap out between w8.1 and 10061. Put the Win8.1 ssd in and the keyboard responds as normal. Tried it 3 times, no luck. Even switch from wireless KB&Mouse to hard wired, no response from KB. I would try update to drivers, but can't do without KB response. Notice that it will allow me to type in PIN but then fails to respond.

:)

meebers, Apr 25, 2015

2. Threshold 2 (1511) once again screwed up my display adapter settings

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my rant.

In my attempt to get my legacy driver working again I now have no working driver and the machine comes up without a display. Pressing F8 while booting is getting no response. Once it said there was a problem and it would restart but I still have the same
    issue. What is my next step? Do I have to boot with my original version of W10 on USB? Or should I still try to get the boot menu up?

yarrumsnevets, Apr 25, 2015
  3. How to solve "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" in Windows 10

I too have the same problem arise on Win 10 64 (an upgrade from W7 months ago) that has appeared after the August W10 update. Everything suggests checking the boot order in Bios, but I could not access it because the keyboard was unresponsive. This seems
    to be a common complaint.

One thing to try is to use a different keyboard, connecting to the PS/2 socket directly, instead of the usual USB keyboard. The USB keyboard was not being recognized, because W10 on my system was not getting far enough into the software to recognize USB
    support. Once using the PS/2 keyboard, I could enter the BIOS immediately.

Like many people, I have a DVD set as first boot device (and when empty it is ignored), which avoids boot issues if a boot hard drive fails. I didn't change anything in the end, but altered a couple of items then changed them back and saved/exited; Windows
    then booted normally and completed its update.

ChrisHowes, Apr 25, 2015
  4. meebers Win User

Update: Resorted to a refresh on the computer. Keyboard works for sign in but no further. Under Device manager, shows 2 keyboards installed, 1 is PS2, the other is HID Keyboard device. Neither one will allow a disable, (greyed out) . uninstall either, will reinstall itself on boot. Enabled the on screen keyboard, it works but that is PITA. Tablet mode on/off no difference. Logitech support says no drivers needed*Eek

meebers, Apr 26, 2015
  5. Try signing in with a password, there were issues in earlier releases with PINs (I think it was only related to MS account sign-ins, local account sign-ins did not have the issue - I could be wrong on that though)

You might also want to try creating a new user (local account) and NOT assign a PIN, only use a password. I don't know how far under he covers the PIN goes, so it might take a fresh profile to get around the issue.

Slartybart, Apr 27, 2015
  6. meebers Win User
    I installed W10 10074 and that returned my KB back to normal.*Biggrin Just would not work on 10061

meebers, Apr 29, 2015
  7. Good to hear that you got it sorted.

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No keyboard response once w10 boots up - Similar Threads - keyboard response once

2. Windows booting but no response

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows booting but no response: Hello !Today i started my computer as usual and when i typed my password, the session load, until here no problem.After that, the wallpaper is correct, the navbar is displayed but all icons disapeard. The desktop is empty and my navbar too.When i hover the bar the loading...
  3. Windows booting but no response

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows booting but no response: Hello !Today i started my computer as usual and when i typed my password, the session load, until here no problem.After that, the wallpaper is correct, the navbar is displayed but all icons disapeard. The desktop is empty and my navbar too.When i hover the bar the loading...
  4. Delays on keyboard response

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delays on keyboard response: I'm using AMD8 with win 10 pro and the problem is that when I press a certain letter it will not continue to populate, meaning it will stop in a certain time and it does not continue even if I use the arrow key to go back to a certain word it stops which is unusual. I have...
  5. NO keyboard or mouse working once windows boots up

NO keyboard or mouse working once windows boots up: After switching on my computer, all USB ports become inactive once the computer boots up. If I go into BIOS, they are working fine and responding but not once booted up and windows has appeared. This seems to be a common problem and most solutions expect the keyboard or mouse...
  6. NO keyboard or mouse working once windows boots up

in Windows 10 Customization
    NO keyboard or mouse working once windows boots up: After switching on my computer, all USB ports become inactive once the computer boots up. If I go into BIOS, they are working fine and responding but not once booted up and windows has appeared. This seems to be a common problem and most solutions expect the keyboard or mouse...
  7. Keyboard Keystrokes no response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Keystrokes no response: Keyboard keystrokes don't work or take repeated input and then repeat multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keystrokes-no-response/3e360f8a-baab-4ae8-9183-dd54cbe3415c
  8. Keyboard late response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard late response: Dear Sir/ Madam, On my new computer, I am not sure why suddently after login has very slow keyboard response. It takes 3-4 seconds of holding the key down to get a response for delete button and repeat letter. The mouse works fine. The problem effects everything, atfter...
  9. keyboard response

keyboard response: My key board is very slow and inconsistent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-response/d08c7be1-1b39-4ff4-a0b4-7791d3e5e348
  10. W10 hanging on boot up.

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 hanging on boot up.: I have just updated an Acer Aspire Laptop 5536 to W10 and after pressing the start button it starts to boot up and about 10 seconds after pressing start the windows logo appears and the little squirly is going round then stops. The Hdd led goes out and it is stuck there...