Windows 10: No Lock Screen

Discus and support No Lock Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've got a weird problem that I cant' seem to figure out. So when I lock my computer, it doesn't display a lock screen just goes straight to password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by quick, Feb 12, 2017.

1. quick Win User

No Lock Screen

I've got a weird problem that I cant' seem to figure out. So when I lock my computer, it doesn't display a lock screen just goes straight to password screen.
    The windows spotlight image doesn't change although if i set the image manually this does work.
    I've checked group policy and the disable lock screen isn't configured. I've tried enabling and disabling it.

I don't get the screen without the password prompt.

When locking the computer it goes straight to this screen instead of

No Lock Screen [​IMG]

This one

No Lock Screen [​IMG]

TIA!

:)

quick, Feb 12, 2017

2. Screen no longer goes to lock screen.

If you are talking about the N8 (or any other S^3 device) i've seen this odd behaviour too.

On the occasions it's happened to me the only solution has been to reboot the phone. If rebooting doesn't solve it, reboot again (input any passcodes you have set) then leave it until the phone locks itself, triggering the screensaver.

If that still doesn't work let us know.

psychomania---01, Feb 12, 2017
  3. CJLim Win User
    Screen no longer goes to lock screen.

If settings are fine, try rebooting like Psycho suggested. To reboot, turn off the phone then press and hold the power button for more then 8 seconds until you feel it buzz 3 times.

CJLim, Feb 12, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

No Lock Screen

I understand you have no lock screen when using Windows Spotlight.

I've found Spotlight very hard to repair, although I have managed to get from no Spotlight, to Spotlight fully functioning, but no preview picture in Settings. It seemed to take a few days to sort itself out in the end.

Does it work in any of your accounts?

Ideas:
    Delete all pictures in the folder listed in thread (you can make a backup copy first).
    Windows spotlight lock screen image location

Also see this thread:
    Windows Spotlight/Lock screen

This may be of interest: note the specific registry key references to missing image files:
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Spotlight not working - Microsoft Community

Make sure you have not disabled the lock screen by this means:

No Lock Screen [​IMG]

dalchina, Feb 12, 2017
Thema:

No Lock Screen

1. No Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Lock Screen

2. How do i fix the caps lock on / off on my screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix the caps lock on / off on my screen in Windows 11: I dont know what i did, but now whenever i press Caps lock it displays this image / notification https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-caps-lock-on-off-on-my-screen-in/1950abaa-5f58-4440-a7f8-1099871e13e1
  3. How do i fix the caps lock on / off on my screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix the caps lock on / off on my screen in Windows 11: I dont know what i did, but now whenever i press Caps lock it displays this image / notification https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-caps-lock-on-off-on-my-screen-in/1950abaa-5f58-4440-a7f8-1099871e13e1
  4. Every time I click my caps lock a notification pops up on my screen how do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I click my caps lock a notification pops up on my screen how do I turn this off?: I must have triggered a key shortcut that has activated this notification that keeps on popping up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-click-my-caps-lock-a-notification/2db80415-a18c-440a-a237-09f4cefe3bf9
  5. Every time I click my caps lock a notification pops up on my screen how do I turn this off?

Every time I click my caps lock a notification pops up on my screen how do I turn this off?: I must have triggered a key shortcut that has activated this notification that keeps on popping up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-click-my-caps-lock-a-notification/2db80415-a18c-440a-a237-09f4cefe3bf9
  6. Caps lock on-screen notification won't go away; how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock on-screen notification won't go away; how do i fix this?: The way this happened was strange. I restarted my computer, and starting from that point on, an on-screen notification for when i turn caps lock on appeared. It gets in the way, but every tutorial I've followed gave me a dead end. I have an HP laptop, if that helps at all....
  7. Caps lock on-screen notification won't go away; how do i fix this?

Caps lock on-screen notification won't go away; how do i fix this?: The way this happened was strange. I restarted my computer, and starting from that point on, an on-screen notification for when i turn caps lock on appeared. It gets in the way, but every tutorial I've followed gave me a dead end. I have an HP laptop, if that helps at all....
  8. How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?: I have been getting this new pop-up since yesterday which shows up whenever my Caps lock or Num lock button is pressed. Never had this issue before. I did install a software update yesterday before shutting down my laptop. Just so you know, I am using a HP Victus laptop with...
  9. How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?

How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?: I have been getting this new pop-up since yesterday which shows up whenever my Caps lock or Num lock button is pressed. Never had this issue before. I did install a software update yesterday before shutting down my laptop. Just so you know, I am using a HP Victus laptop with...
  10. I have this Caps Lock indicator on screen, and I do not know how to turn it off on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have this Caps Lock indicator on screen, and I do not know how to turn it off on Windows 10.: This always shows up every time I press the Caps Lock button, and I don't know how to turn it off. Can someone please help me with this? I don't want this to show up every time I have caps lock....