Windows 10: No logon fields presented when ALT+CTRL+DEL is pressed

Discus and support No logon fields presented when ALT+CTRL+DEL is pressed in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I press ctrl+alt+del to unlock the screen after it's been locked for some time I get presented with a scrween showing "Other User" in the middle,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by coldry, Oct 29, 2017.

1. coldry Win User

No logon fields presented when ALT+CTRL+DEL is pressed

When I press ctrl+alt+del to unlock the screen after it's been locked for some time I get presented with a scrween showing "Other User" in the middle, a bunch of "Other User" labels down the left edge but no fields in which to put a username or password. (See the attached screenshot)

The only way to get past this is to reboot the machine or RDP to it from another machine.

Any ideas?

:)

coldry, Oct 29, 2017
  2. 1.2
    1.2 Win User

"Other User" warning at logon overriding Ctrl+Alt+Del logon method (SOLVED)

UPDATE: Solved!

Only 1 account present on this computer, mine (Local/Administrator). No guest, secondary or MS accounts.

When I turn the computer on I'm presented with a screen listing "Other User" and a description saying I need to provide an username/password), plus an "OK" button.

Press "OK" and now I'm at the logon screen, there's a generic avatar with the title "Other User" and the username and password fields. The password field is selected by default. If you started by typing your username, it's time to delete it all and
    Shift+Tab to change fields.

Type your credentials and it goes normally from there.

I upgraded from 8.1 Pro earlier this month, its behavior was:

- Turn on computer

- Greeted by the Welcome screen/Lock screen

- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to trigger the logon username/password fields (username field selected by default)

- Type credentials

Now in Windows 10, I don't even see my lock screen requiring Ctrl+Alt+Del (even though it's set as required on netplwiz), it's always this "Other User" thing.

Any way to make it like 8.1?

UPDATE: Solved! It seems that having these:

- Only 1 active account

- No hidden accounts enabled (e.g. Guest and the Administrator account disabled through secpol.msc)

- Username/Password required for logon + CAD method for logon

Will result in that behavior, just now I re-enabled the Administrator account and the Lock Screen/Welcome Screen now appears at startup prompting for the Ctrl+Alt+Del combo.

Hit it and the next screen will have the default avatar with "Other User" written under it plus the username/password fields (username selected by default!).

I would rather have just the avatar present or the username/pass fields, none of this "other user" nonsense, but this is good enough.

3. 1.2
    1.2 Win User
    "Other User" warning at logon overriding Ctrl+Alt+Del logon method (SOLVED)

If anyone was having the same issue, I just re-enabled the Administrator account and that seems to have fixed it.I guess just adding a secondary account would also work.

4. No logon fields presented when ALT+CTRL+DEL is pressed

did u scan in run command prompt if not try this !
    SFC /scannow
    in Command prompt (Administrator)

remostalin, Oct 29, 2017
Thema:

No logon fields presented when ALT+CTRL+DEL is pressed

1. No logon fields presented when ALT+CTRL+DEL is pressed - Similar Threads - logon fields presented

2. Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?: Why can't I press the power button when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL?So first of all, right after I sign in it brings me to a black screen. I saw a video telling me to press CTRL+ALT+DEL and and hold the shift key while I press the power button and press restart, but I can't press...
  3. I would like to logon without pressing ctrl+alt+del.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I would like to logon without pressing ctrl+alt+del.: I am using Microsoft Windows 10 home Build 19045. I would like to logon without pressing ctrl+alt+del.I found 3 solutions for it, but none is working for me.1. using control userpasswords2, but the checkbox "require user to press ctrl+alt+del" is disabled.2. Local security...
  4. I would like to logon without pressing ctrl+alt+del.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to logon without pressing ctrl+alt+del.: I am using Microsoft Windows 10 home Build 19045. I would like to logon without pressing ctrl+alt+del.I found 3 solutions for it, but none is working for me.1. using control userpasswords2, but the checkbox "require user to press ctrl+alt+del" is disabled.2. Local security...
  5. I would like to logon without pressing ctrl+alt+del.

6. When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu": When i press alt it override everthing! The right alt key is fine this issue is only on the left alt key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-presse-the-alt-key-it-opens-the-ctrlaltdel/e109b53c-91f1-403b-ab72-63c03f46423e
  7. When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu"

When I presse the alt key it opens the "ctrl+alt+del menu": When i press alt it override everthing! The right alt key is fine this issue is only on the left alt key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-presse-the-alt-key-it-opens-the-ctrlaltdel/e109b53c-91f1-403b-ab72-63c03f46423e
  8. CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    CTRL + ALT + DEL delayed: Hello, Recently I've had a couple of users report a very long delay after hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL One came into the help desk and I can confirm that it can take up to 10 minutes. The users machine was Windows 10 Version 2004. Lenovo Thinkpad T14. I disabled all non...
  9. slow response when pressing ctrl alt del

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow response when pressing ctrl alt del: i have windows 10 home i7 7700hq gtx1060 and 16gb ram 256gb ssd , when i press ctrl alt del it take 3-4sec to show the screen, i disable startup programs and it doesnt fix my problem , can anyone help me ?...
  10. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...