Windows 10: No longer able to see my computers under "network" in File explorer.

Discus and support No longer able to see my computers under "network" in File explorer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 computers running Windows 10 1709 , all 3 computers using Workgroup as name . I was trying to locate a shared folder in computer 2 today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sportflyer, Feb 21, 2018.

1. No longer able to see my computers under "network" in File explorer.

I have 3 computers running Windows 10 1709 , all 3 computers using Workgroup as name .

I was trying to locate a shared folder in computer 2 today from Computer 3 , but I cannot find the computer under file Explorer , Network anymore. I tried the reverse but Computer 2 also cannot see computer 3

In desperation I turned on computer 1 and it was able to see comps 2 &3 , but comp, 2&3 cannot see each other as well as comp1 .

I have checked all the settings under Network sharing center and everything is fine.

Not sure when this situation started because I have not used network sharing for quite a while until today.

I dont know what is happening . Please help resolve.

Thanks

:)

sportflyer, Feb 21, 2018
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Feb 21, 2018
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Feb 21, 2018
  4. Eagle51 Win User

No longer able to see my computers under "network" in File explorer.

Hey sportflyer,
    1. Have you double checked that the network profile is Private and PCs are discoverable ?

2. Can you still access the PCs by doing the following ?
    File Explorer > Address Bar type in \\PC_NAME or \\IP_ADDRESS
    PC_NAME is the actual Device Name in Settings > System > About
    IP_ADDRESS is the Internal IP Address of each PC (ie. 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x)

3. It could be that SMBv1 (which MS has deprecated) got uninstalled. You can find out by going to ...
    Control Panel > Programs & Features > Turn Windows Features On/Off

No longer able to see my computers under "network" in File explorer. [​IMG]

Note: Since PC1 is working I'd compare it's SMBv1 settings to other two.

Eagle51, Feb 21, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    The first SMB item, 'SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal' will do that if SMB isn't used for a while. It's ticked by default in 1709.

Also...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-version-1709

6. Thanks for the suggestions above.
    a) Yes I can access the PCs by using \\computer name
    b) Re SMB file sharing support: The SMB Client was unchecked and the Auto Removal was checked in computers 2&3
    All 3 were checked in Computer 1.

After checking the SMB client in comp 2& 3 everything is now working .
    Should I leave the auto removal checked?

Thanks for the help.

hanks for your help.

sportflyer, Feb 21, 2018
  7. Eagle51 Win User
    No, uncheck it on all 3 of your PC's *Smile

Eagle51, Feb 21, 2018
  8. Bree New Member

Yes, else after 15 days it will remove SMB1 again if it hasn't been used.

Also, check the settings again after an update to the next version of Windows. The Spring Creators Update 1803 (as it's likely to be called) is due out in April, that will probably turn 'auto removal' back on.

9. I will uncheck auto removal of SMB1.
    BTW What is the advantage of auto SMB1 removal if any ?
    Thanks for all you help .

sportflyer, Feb 21, 2018
  10. I also noticed that Ralink Linux Client is showing up as a Computer separate from the three "real" computers in the network pane. This only showed up when I was unable to view my other computers ( now solved) .

What is this and how to find whats causing this ? Tks

sportflyer, Feb 21, 2018
  11. Eagle51 Win User
    IMO None ... As previous mentioned it's deprecated by MS, so if you wish to stop using SMBv1 just uninstall it.
    It's probably another router or maybe a Smart Tv that's in range that you're picking up. A lot of different routers are based on that "Ralink Linux Client" and here's an old Ten Forums post about it Ralink Linux Client showing up in Windows Network - Windows 10 Forums

Eagle51, Feb 21, 2018
  12. Is it safe to leave Ralink Linux client as a "computer" ? The mac address associated with Ralink Linux client is not listed under ipconfig/all . Should I block its mac address in the router?

sportflyer, Feb 21, 2018
  13. Bree New Member

It's a feature aimed at Business networks. SMB1 is removed because (amongst other things) it's old and vulnerable, it was one of the methods WannaCry used to spread through corporate networks. Relatively safe for home use, but not suitable for use in the Enterprise.

14. Is there a replacement for SMB1 . Can I turn it off and use another protocol to discover all my network computers ? All my computers are running Win10 . Tks

sportflyer, Feb 21, 2018
  15. BTW Ralink linux client no longer shows as a computer after I changed the PW of the Router . I wonder why .

sportflyer, Feb 22, 2018
Thema:

1. No longer able to see my computers under "network" in File explorer. - Similar Threads - longer able computers

2. I am not able to find my shared network under NETWORK in the file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not able to find my shared network under NETWORK in the file explorer.: This is a new problem that occurred with the latest Windows 11 update November 2023. I can access it from a previous folder open. I CANNOT access it to save anything to it. This is very frustrating. How do I fix this issue? Do I select the Windows Update topic or Files,...
  3. I am not able to find my shared network under NETWORK in the file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not able to find my shared network under NETWORK in the file explorer.: This is a new problem that occurred with the latest Windows 11 update November 2023. I can access it from a previous folder open. I CANNOT access it to save anything to it. This is very frustrating. How do I fix this issue? Do I select the Windows Update topic or Files,...
  4. My Ethernet NETWORK drive is no longer visible under File Explorer/Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Ethernet NETWORK drive is no longer visible under File Explorer/Network: Since installing W11 update KB5030310 I no longer have visibility of my network storage device that was under File Explorer/Network/????. I uninstalled the update and rebooted. Did not fix. I do however see the storage device under 'This PC' but I am not allowed to delete any...
  5. My Ethernet NETWORK drive is no longer visible under File Explorer/Network

My Ethernet NETWORK drive is no longer visible under File Explorer/Network: Since installing W11 update KB5030310 I no longer have visibility of my network storage device that was under File Explorer/Network/????. I uninstalled the update and rebooted. Did not fix. I do however see the storage device under 'This PC' but I am not allowed to delete any...
  6. Windows 11 Computers no longer showing up under NETWORK in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Computers no longer showing up under NETWORK in File Explorer: Networking still works. I can still share and connect to remote computers if I remember the full name or IP address, but even if I "\\" successfully to those computers, they still will not appear under my network connections so I can easily get back to them. Normally, if...
  7. Windows 11 Computers no longer showing up under NETWORK in File Explorer

Windows 11 Computers no longer showing up under NETWORK in File Explorer: Networking still works. I can still share and connect to remote computers if I remember the full name or IP address, but even if I "\\" successfully to those computers, they still will not appear under my network connections so I can easily get back to them. Normally, if...
  8. Unable to see my router under the Network tab in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to see my router under the Network tab in file explorer: Hello, I'm trying to port forward so I can get open NAT type it is currently strict to play with my friends in Call Of Duty: Black Ops III. I tried to port forward through my routers site, but I had no luck with that, I watched some tutorials and all tutorials show that you...
  9. Unable to see my router under the Network tab in file explorer

Unable to see my router under the Network tab in file explorer: Hello, I'm trying to port forward so I can get open NAT type it is currently strict to play with my friends in Call Of Duty: Black Ops III. I tried to port forward through my routers site, but I had no luck with that, I watched some tutorials and all tutorials show that you...
  10. Unable to see my router under the Network tab in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to see my router under the Network tab in file explorer: Hi, I am currently trying to do some port forwarding and I am unable to see my router. I am in the attic and the router is on the ground floor, so there are Devolo hubs connected to the wall sockets around the house (I am able to see them under "Network Infrastructure")....