Windows 10: No longer activated after thr2 update?

Discus and support No longer activated after thr2 update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was activated before the th2 update. Even after I installed it. Today, I just did a reboot, and I login and now it says I'm no longer activated?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bobsagetfullhou, Nov 13, 2015.

1. No longer activated after thr2 update?

I was activated before the th2 update. Even after I installed it. Today, I just did a reboot, and I login and now it says I'm no longer activated?

It gives me a big error in red saying "Windows can't activate right now. Try activating later. If that doesn't work contact support. Error 0xC004F012"

I hit the activate button and nothing happens.

What gives? Anyone else having this issue?

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Nov 13, 2015

2. no longer activated after motherboard change. activation troubleshooter not connecting

i got a new motherboard today, and saw the not activated warning after the initial boot. clicked the activation troubleshooter to see if it would fix it, but i just received this message. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

No longer activated after thr2 update? [​IMG]

caseysanders, Nov 13, 2015
  3. no longer activated after motherboard change. activation troubleshooter not connecting

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

How to Transfer your Windows 10 License to a New Computer

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Andre Da Costa, Nov 13, 2015
  4. No longer activated after thr2 update?

I'm getting issues with the update, but they're not activation related.

Have you tried forcing an activation check? Launch command prompt with admin rights, and type Code: slmgr.vbs –rearm[/quote] Then reboot your computer. Hopefully that should work. *Smile

napster100, Nov 13, 2015
  5. Then reboot your computer. Hopefully that should work. *Smile[/quote] I just did a restore of my whole PC to before the activation issues started. If the issue comes back I'll try.

bobsagetfullhou, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No longer activated after thr2 update?

1. No longer activated after thr2 update? - Similar Threads - longer activated thr2

2. Windows is no longer activated after installing 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is no longer activated after installing 22H2: I just installed the 22H2 update, with no issues, except now it says my Windows 11 is now not activated. The only other thing that has changed is the mouse....
  3. Windows is no longer activated after installing 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is no longer activated after installing 22H2: I just installed the 22H2 update, with no issues, except now it says my Windows 11 is now not activated. The only other thing that has changed is the mouse....
  4. Windows no longer activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows no longer activated: I recently upgraded my computers cpu and motherboard and now i am getting messages to activate windows even though it was activated before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-no-longer-activated/3035e460-d915-4e8c-a66a-53bacdad53a5
  5. Windows no longer activated

Windows no longer activated: Hello, Since last week, Windows is no longer activated on my PC. I get this message on the bottom right´-hand corner of the screen : [ATTACH] So I go to settings, and I see this message : [ATTACH] This is weird because I do have a valid product key. So I click...
  6. Windows no longer active after upgrade

Windows no longer active after upgrade: I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU and other items. The computer booted up just fine, and everything was the same as it was with my old setup used the same SSD's, except now I have the text in the lower right screen saying I need to activate Windows. I went through...
  7. Windows no longer active

Windows no longer active: Hi, I was having issues with freezes, so in an attempt to diagnose the problem, I temporarily changed my motherboard to see it that was the problem. It wasn't, so I returned my hardware back to normal. Now, windows is no longer activated giving the message: "It looks like...
  8. Windows no longer activated

Windows no longer activated: I recently switched motherboard and cpu but kept my storage and now it says I no longer have a key for windows. I did try to clone the main C: drive and move it to my ssd but then that killed my ssd, I also just made a recovery key for the same reasons of trying to get my...
  9. Windows no Longer Activated after hardware changes

Windows no Longer Activated after hardware changes: So, I've recently upgraded my PC parts the other day, and I now have a Activate Windows watermark I've only upgraded the motherboard and cpu, but I've kept the SSD, GPU, and HDD the same. I've seen solutions to fix this but none of them won't work. I have a valid license and...
  10. No longer admin after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No longer admin after update: I have windows 10 on my computer, and on Friday it did an update. I didn't use it at all over the weekend, but when I logged in this morning and tried working on something a familiar window popped up asking if I wanted to allow the program to make changes on my computer, but...