Windows 10: No longer have Audio, Start Menu, or Settings

Discus and support No longer have Audio, Start Menu, or Settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I'm currently in serious need of some help with my Windows 10 PC. I have searched for answers to my problems but it always leads to another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stampede20, Jan 6, 2018.

1. No longer have Audio, Start Menu, or Settings

Hello! I'm currently in serious need of some help with my Windows 10 PC. I have searched for answers to my problems but it always leads to another error or issue. If anyone has any answers to whats going on below please let me know!

Randomly my PC decided to freeze up completely. I could not move the mouse and nothing was changing on the screen. After around 30 minutes of waiting for it to hopefully unfreeze, nothing happened. I decided it was long enough and used the restart button on my PC to hopefully fix the freeze. It did fix the freeze but brought many more issues. After the restart audio has stopped working, the windows button and search button on the taskbar no longer work and right clicking the desktop and selecting Display Settings/Personalize brings up an error box below.

Right Clicking the Desktop and selecting Display Settings/Personalize
    https://i.gyazo.com/259ca3c5bbd40e7c...b9526b7b85.png

Audio Icon along with Troubleshooting and cannot select default playback/recording devices
    https://i.gyazo.com/0eb1cd2a8ee0fa51...f98aa14b58.png

Trying to Left/Right Click the Start Menu and Search Button
    https://i.gyazo.com/21646ea19be14752...b18c9837d1.mp4

If you have any ideas or questions please ask! Thanks for anyone who tries to help.

:)

Stampede20, Jan 6, 2018

2. No longer have Audio, Start Menu, or Settings.

Hi,

A corrupted system file can be a possible reason why this issue is happening. Try running the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool( DISM). This procedure helps fix file corruptions. After doing DISM, you can run the System File Checker tool (SFC)
    to scan and repair system file corruption.

To this, please follow these steps:

• Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, right click the Windows button, and then select Command Prompt (Admin). If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow or Yes.
    • Type the following command, and then press Enter.
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Note: It might take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter.

• sfc /scannow
    • Note: It might take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.
    4. Close the command prompt, and then restart the PC.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Robert Caw, Jan 6, 2018
  3. No longer have Audio, Start Menu, or Settings.

Hello! I'm currently in serious need of some help with my Windows 10 PC. I have searched for answers to my problems but it always leads to another error or issue. If anyone has any answers to whats going on below please let me know!

Randomly my PC decided to freeze up completely. I could not move the mouse and nothing was changing on the screen. After around 30 minutes of waiting for it to hopefully unfreeze, nothing happened. I decided it was long enough and used the restart button on
    my PC to hopefully fix the freeze. It did fix the freeze but brought many more issues.

After the restart audio has stopped working, the windows button and search button on the taskbar no longer work and right clicking the desktop and selecting Display Settings/Personalize brings up an error box below.

Right Clicking the Desktop and selecting Display Settings/Personalize

https://i.gyazo.com/259ca3c5bbd40e7c859900b9526b7b85.png

Audio Icon along with Troubleshooting and cannot select default playback/recording devices

https://i.gyazo.com/0eb1cd2a8ee0fa518c0975f98aa14b58.png

Trying to Left/Right Click the Start Menu and Search Button

https://i.gyazo.com/21646ea19be147529606e8b18c9837d1.mp4

If you have any ideas or questions please ask! Thanks for anyone who tries to help.

Moved form: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

Stampede20, Jan 6, 2018
  4. nt62 Win User

No longer have Audio, Start Menu, or Settings

Microsoft provides a possible solution if willing to use it.
    It's called RESET.
    There are several ways to get to SETTINGS.
    If willing, find your way to Settings > Update and Recovery > RESET the system to a clean build.

Reset Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

nt62, Jan 6, 2018
  5. spunk Win User
    Before resetting try a System Restore to a time before this happened.
    If that still doesn't work, then press the Win key+X and choose Powershell (Admin) type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing system files.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No longer have Audio, Start Menu, or Settings

1. No longer have Audio, Start Menu, or Settings - Similar Threads - longer Audio Start

2. Start Menu List - Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu List - Settings: It's already listed on the Start Menu just below my User Icon (red arrow), so does anyone know how to remove the Settings icon from the Start Menu list (red circle)? [img] 173783
  3. Start Menu no longer working 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu no longer working 20H2: I updated my windows 10 Pro to version 20H2 this morning and now my start menu is no longer working. I have tried other accounts on the PC and they appear to be working fine, so it's just affecting my main account. Anyone experienced this or have a fix? Many thanks 169078
  4. Start Menu and Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu and Settings: My laptop has had this problem for about a week but i got by without it being a pain until today. When I click on the Start button or search icon on my taskbar nothing happens. I also tried following an online tutorial made by BT which says to go into task manager and run a...
  5. Settings button no longer working from start menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Settings button no longer working from start menu: After a recent update, the settings button no longer working, Bluetooth button no longer working. Can only add a device through the control panel....
  6. Start menu and settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu and settings: Hi , i recently upgraded my windows 10 version from 1903 to 1909 with update assistant. I got to the point where the update asks you whether to upgrade now or later and choose later. i later on restarted to upgrade (which was incredibly faster than normal updates) but then...
  7. Start menu and Edge no longer work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu and Edge no longer work: I initially installed KB4517389 without a problem. However, I coincidentally experienced problem with a Personal Cloud that I suspected could be due to the update and I uninstalled the update. The server problem turned out to be drive failure, and I reinstalled the update but...
  8. start menu settings

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu settings: is it possible to change the start menu settings for the number of items in the jump menus? when i go into the taskbar and navigation menu through the control panel, i don't get a tab to switch to the start menu's settings. 44421
  9. Start menu jumplist settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu jumplist settings: In W7, if you hover over an app on the start menu, recent documents are displayed automatically. In W10 it seems you have to click on the jumplist arrow. Is there any way to change this in W10? 18775
  10. Start menu no longer works

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu no longer works: My Win10 Start menu no longer works with my main user account. It still works under other user logins. It doesn't open whether I hit the Windows key or if I click the Start button. Any clues? 17088