Windows 10: No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive

Discus and support No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since receiving the Win 10 Home upgrade my computer no longer recognizes the DVD drive. It doesn't show in Device Manger or in the device list in This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nofsdad, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Nofsdad Win User

No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive

Since receiving the Win 10 Home upgrade my computer no longer recognizes the DVD drive. It doesn't show in Device Manger or in the device list in This PC although it does spin up if you insert media into it. I've tried all the suggested remedies except messing with the registry and nothing works. This is one of several problems I've had with device drivers since the upgrade.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    AMD FX-4130 3.80Ghz
    8Gb Installed memory

:)

Nofsdad, Aug 17, 2015
  2. mayman99 Win User

My Windows 10 computer no longer recognizes my DVD rom drive

Since I installed windows 10, my computer no longer recognizes my DVD rom drive. It won't play or allow me to burn a CD or DVD.

Original Title: DVD drive

mayman99, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Update wiped out my CD/DVD drive

My computer recently downloaded a windows 10 update. When it was finished, my CD/DVD drive is no longer recognized by my computer. I put a CD in and nothing happens. Any ideas???

broncobabe, Aug 17, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Your only choice until Microsoft gets things figured out, is to roll back to your old OS. Depending on how old your computer is, and what OS was installed, can be a hit or miss on drivers. It is going to take a while before Microsoft has all of the bugs ironed out. Even they have suddenly realized last week, that they pushed 10 out too quick and now they are having to rush and write patches to fix all of the various problems that are popping up.

bro67, Aug 17, 2015
  5. Nofsdad Win User
    Turned out I had a lot more problems including driver problems. I reinstalled Windows 10 and most of them are taken care of including the DVD drive one but I lost all my archived mail and quite a few other files the second time through. Still trying to figure out just what's gone and what's not. I'll just wait a bit and see what the updates bring. Thanks for the reply.

Nofsdad, Aug 17, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    Tell you the same thing that I tell all of my customers. Back up, back up, back up. Never do an upgrade or install, without making sure that you have a copy of any items stored on a NAS, Cloud or on DVD media for safe keeping.

Unless you still have the original Windows.old from an Upgrade, but this time did a Wipe & install with a clean install of Windows 10. Everything is lost.

bro67, Aug 17, 2015
  7. Nofsdad Win User
    I still have the Windows.old and Win 10 put a list of the files it deleted on the desktop this time around, a lot of them with links to where I had originally downloaded them so I was able to replace most of them pretty easily. And I used to be pretty good about keeping my rig backed up but slacked off this time because I knew Windows 7 was still gonna be there. I'll not make that mistake again.

Nofsdad, Aug 17, 2015
  8. xexsell Win User

Solution to Win 10 not recognizing CD/DVD ROM.
    I had the same problem wasn't in "This PC" or "Device Manager"
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/314060
    Used Resolution 5. Create a registry subkey, from the above link.
    Worked for me. Now CD/DVD ROM fully functional and recognized in "This PC" and "Device Manager".

xexsell, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive - Similar Threads - longer recognizes DVD

2. Cd/dvd Drive no longer displays as installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cd/dvd Drive no longer displays as installed: Hi. I just noticed that my E-drive/ cd-dvd drive no longer shows up as an installed device. I followed an Microsoft forum troubleshooting guide and uninstalled the driver. I then restarted the laptop. The driver did NOT install upon restart.System is windows 10, HP laptop....
  3. Cd/dvd Drive no longer displays as installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cd/dvd Drive no longer displays as installed: Hi. I just noticed that my E-drive/ cd-dvd drive no longer shows up as an installed device. I followed an Microsoft forum troubleshooting guide and uninstalled the driver. I then restarted the laptop. The driver did NOT install upon restart.System is windows 10, HP laptop....
  4. CD/DVD Drive no longer recognized as existing in Windows 10 Home

CD/DVD Drive no longer recognized as existing in Windows 10 Home: My CD/DVD Drive no longer shows up in device manager, disc manager, explorer window, etc. in Windows 10 Home. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  5. CD/DVD not Recognized

CD/DVD not Recognized: I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop that doesn't see the DVD/CD player. I think this happened after one of one of the Windows Update. The CD/DVD is shown in the BIOS. When I go into device manager I see the CD/DVD. I then uninstalled the device, restarted the PC and it...
  6. CD/DVD drive no longer works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CD/DVD drive no longer works: I upgraded my Acer Aspire 7551-7422 to Windows 10 and the CD/DVD Super Multi DL Driver no longer works and Acer will not support windows 10. So, is there a CD/DVD driver available to download compatible with my Laptop?...
  7. My CD/DVD drive is no longer recognized.

My CD/DVD drive is no longer recognized.: My CD/DVD drive is not recognized by my HP Elitebook. I tried uninstalling the driver and restarting the system several times. When I restart, the drivers are reinstalled and Device Manager reports that the drive is working correctly. However, the drive does not show up in...
  8. CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows

CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows: I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 Laptop, and when I bought it from my friend, it was still Windows 7 and the DVD/CD drive worked fine, but after I upgraded to Windows 10, when I put in any disc, it doesn't read. I've contacted support multiple times, they tried to help but...
  9. no recognizing the cd/dvd drive.

no recognizing the cd/dvd drive.: my new computeronly 2 weeks old will not see my cd/dvd player. i have tried several different disk and rebooted the computer but still no recognizing the drive...
  10. CD/DVD drive not recognized

CD/DVD drive not recognized: I installed Windows 10 as an upgrade to Windows 8. My Dell laptop does not see the DVD drive. I had no success getting the drive to work in Windows 8 and (maybe of course) it doesnt see it now. This seems to be a common problem I have tried numerous fixes but have not had...