Windows 10: No mail application on my Windows 10

Discus and support No mail application on my Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've been using Outlook for my e-mail, but I just got rid of my old computer. The new laptop had Windows 8.1 and I began by upgrading to Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by aca, Sep 26, 2015.

1. ACA
    aca Win User

No mail application on my Windows 10

I've been using Outlook for my e-mail, but I just got rid of my old computer.
    The new laptop had Windows 8.1 and I began by upgrading to Windows 10, first thing, before anything else.
    I go to the Mail app to configure it and I’m told to add a new account (only option active).
    I enter my email address and password as required and I’m told they’ve sent me a verification code; to go to the in-tray, get it and enter it to proceed.
    But I don’t have a mail application yet: so no trays or any other element of an e-mail service; and I cannot proceed in configuring the Mail app. It’s a catch 22 situation.
    What must I do?

:)

2. Mail, Contacts and Start button

Hi

I am trying to use the Mail application that comes with Windows 10.

I had no problems with the mail application that came with Windows 8.1.

Mail did not work when I first loaded Windows 10, then it started to work, then it stopped again.

It is not only Mail & Calandar, but Windows no longer responds to my pressing the Start button or the Windows Search button.

This is really annoying. If I do not have a shortcut to an application I need to know where the executable installed to and Windows Explorer to find it.

Steve_13731, Sep 26, 2015
  3. Configuring Windows 10 Mail App with Keybaord key

I guess I'm not to good at explaining things. I have a Microsoft 2000 Keyboard and I'm using the Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center to set commands to the Hot Keys. Right now I have the Mail Hot Key set to open a URL: Outlook.com - Microsoft free personal email.
    This opens my web Outlook.com email. But Windows 10 came with a built in Mail Application called "Mail" that opens my Outlook.com mail as well as my Yahoo.com mail and my GMail.com mail. I would like to make the Mail Hot Key open this Windows 10 Mail Application
    but I can't because I don't know what the actual file name for the application is. From the RUN command I have tried "mail" "email" and "outlook" nothing I try will open that mail application unless I go to START, ALL APPS and then scroll down to the app MAIL.
    All I need is the actual file name of that application.

MikeTerrien, Sep 26, 2015
  4. No mail application on my Windows 10

Have you got a smart phone that you can access your mail on with your e-mail address

hTconeM9user, Sep 26, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 26, 2015
  6. ACA
    aca Win User
    - No, hTconeM9user, my phone isn't of the smart kind. But thanks for the suggestion.
    - And Brink, in the Windows 10 I've just installed (one in Spanish) the two apps are separated: Mail and Calendar. And the Mail one is where I get stuck: forced to introduce an address but unable to proceed because I don't yet have a mail app from which to retrieve a code they've sent there (!). But thank you also for your assistance.

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's actually one app "Mail and Calendar" that just happens to run separately in Windows 10.

Search for "Mail and Calendar" in the Store to see if you are able to install it that way instead. *Smile

(click on) Open to Mail and Calendar in Store

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No mail application on my Windows 10

1. No mail application on my Windows 10 - Similar Threads - mail application

2. WIndows 11 mail application is not syncing and not seeing any of my emails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 11 mail application is not syncing and not seeing any of my emails.: I was getting emails in html, and got that fixed, now started over with the mail application and none of my emails are coming through. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-mail-application-is-not-syncing-and-not/1288ec94-408a-4463-ae95-120f38ad1dea
  3. WIndows 11 mail application is not syncing and not seeing any of my emails.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 11 mail application is not syncing and not seeing any of my emails.: I was getting emails in html, and got that fixed, now started over with the mail application and none of my emails are coming through. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-mail-application-is-not-syncing-and-not/1288ec94-408a-4463-ae95-120f38ad1dea
  4. Is Windows Mail a cloud based application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows Mail a cloud based application?: I'm very interested in learning how Windows Mail the free application we get with Windows by default works especially when a gmail account is logged in. Can we call it a cloud-based application?...
  5. Is Windows Mail a cloud based application?

Is Windows Mail a cloud based application?: I'm very interested in learning how Windows Mail the free application we get with Windows by default works especially when a gmail account is logged in. Can we call it a cloud-based application?...
  6. Is Windows Mail a cloud based application?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How Can I enable modern authentication for Windows mail and calendar application.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I enable modern authentication for Windows mail and calendar application.: Hello,Kindly help me to enable modern authentication for Windows mail application not for outlook. I need to configure Gmail calendar in Windows mail/calendar app. Instead of going to the ADFS login page ,I am getting the below error message after entering the gmail id . I am...
  8. How Can I enable modern authentication for Windows mail and calendar application.

How Can I enable modern authentication for Windows mail and calendar application.: Hello,Kindly help me to enable modern authentication for Windows mail application not for outlook. I need to configure Gmail calendar in Windows mail/calendar app. Instead of going to the ADFS login page ,I am getting the below error message after entering the gmail id . I am...
  9. mailto is not opening windows native mail application in google chrome.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mailto is not opening windows native mail application in google chrome.: I am trying to redirect the mailto protocol from Google Chrome to the native Windows 11 mail application. The request keeps getting ignored; the mailto protocol does not redirect anything from inside Google Chrome. If I change the handler in chrome to a website Gmail.com it...
  10. mailto is not opening windows native mail application in google chrome.

mailto is not opening windows native mail application in google chrome.: I am trying to redirect the mailto protocol from Google Chrome to the native Windows 11 mail application. The request keeps getting ignored; the mailto protocol does not redirect anything from inside Google Chrome. If I change the handler in chrome to a website Gmail.com it...