Windows 10: No mail notification sound

Discus and support No mail notification sound in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2013. settings-apps and system sounds properly configured 18042 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ddinc, Aug 20, 2015.

1. ddinc Win User

No mail notification sound

can't get mail notification sound for Outlook 2013.
    settings-apps and system sounds properly configured

:)

ddinc, Aug 20, 2015

2. No notification sound in mail on lumia 550.

My Lumia 550 will not make a sound when I receive an Email.

It is set to play sound in: Outlook Mail/Settings/Notifications.

It is set to make notification sound in: Settings/Personalisation/Sounds/App sounds/Outlook mail.

Other than that there doesn't seem to be anything I am missing. Notification sounds are working for receiving texts & Watsapp.

Please help.

Tim Gosling, Aug 20, 2015
  3. DanDolgin Win User
    How to turn off notifications sound?

If you are using MS Outlook e-mail, just and choose show notification banners, then underneath it says "Play a sound when notification comes" and select turn off. This works fine for Outlook e-mail, but does not turn off notification sound for all the
    other apps on your system that have notifications. There should be a universal switch to turn on and off all notification sounds. Some of the notifications coming through do not appear on the list of available apps that have choices to turn on or off the
    application sounds.

DanDolgin, Aug 20, 2015
  4. elbeasto Win User

same here, no email notification sound for mail app.

elbeasto, Sep 2, 2015
  5. elbeasto Win User
    It doesn't inspire a lot of confidence when they can't even get an email sound to work...

Perhaps less time and effort spent on collecting information that isn't theirs and more time on getting the basics right.

elbeasto, Sep 11, 2015
  6. ddinc Win User
    Strangely on a "in place updated" laptop with Outlook 2007 the sound works

ddinc, Sep 13, 2015
  7. elbeasto Win User
    Yeah I get a sound with Live Mail, it's just the Mail app that comes with Win10 that only works some of the time.

elbeasto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No mail notification sound - Similar Threads - mail notification sound

2. Yahoo mail new mail notification sound

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yahoo mail new mail notification sound: I am using Yahoo mail on my desktop PC Windows 10. I have a back up email with Mozilla Thunderbird. On Thunderbird, when I receive a new message, it plays You've got some mail, singing.I have tried to put this on Yahoo, without success. I have opened Settings > More Settings...
  3. Windows Mail refuses to play custom New Mail Notification sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail refuses to play custom New Mail Notification sound: So, I've set the custom sound in the Sounds control panel and turned on ALL the options in Mail >Settings > Notifications. It will either NOT play ANY sound, or it defaults to the default Windows Notification sound. The sound I'm trying to set as email notification is the...
  4. Windows 10 Mail Notification no Sound

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Notification no Sound: Re: Windows 10 Ver. 1909 (build 18363.1443) I realize this is an old problem, but having read most if not ALL previous posts on this issue, I am unable to find a resolution to my problem. I have just started using Windows 10 Mail to handle my email. Till now was using...
  5. NO SOUND IN MAIL NOTIFICATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO SOUND IN MAIL NOTIFICATION: I believe that I have every setting checked in the proper places in Settings. I do receive a banner from the Notification Center, but no sound. I have a sound set up in Sound Control Panel>Sounds in both "Desktop Mail Notification" and "New Mail Notification" and both sounds...
  6. Windows 10 Mail notification: Want sound only!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail notification: Want sound only!: In Windows 10 Mail, is there a way to just have a sound notification without seeing a banner? In "Notifications," If I uncheck the visible banner, it greys out the sound notification box. It seems to only allow both banner & sound or banner only. I want sound only!...
  7. Still no Mail app Notification Sound or Banner

in Browsers and Email
    Still no Mail app Notification Sound or Banner: I did a clean install of Windows 10 yesterday and used a local account instead of an MS one. No Mail notifications what so ever. All settings are correct. 22404
  8. Mail sounds required, but not notification banners

in Browsers and Email
    Mail sounds required, but not notification banners: Jus' downloaded and installed windows 10 yesterday. How the heck do I get a sound notification for email in the mail app on Windows 10 without getting these popups at the bottom right?? To clarify, I need to know when emails arrive, but I cannot have banners randomly...
  9. Mail notification sound doesn't play

in Browsers and Email
    Mail notification sound doesn't play: I'm running Wn10 and I would like to change some sounds. I'm running a background theme. I have downloaded a Wav file (thefreesite.com), added this file in a sound scheme (mail notification), tested it, saved it as modified scheme, but the sound doesn't play at all (when mail...
  10. Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification

in Browsers and Email
    Play a Sound for Windows 10 Mail Notification: I have the 'Play a sound' checked in the mail app but have yet to here a sound when mail arrives. What sound does it play??? Can one set the sound (.wav) in the program event sounds?? James 103726