Windows 10: No Mail Notifications after Anniversary Update

Discus and support No Mail Notifications after Anniversary Update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After the Windows Anniversary Update I now find I no longer get the banner or notification sound when I get new e-mails. Nor does new e-mails show up... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by StevenTodd, Aug 5, 2016.

1. No Mail Notifications after Anniversary Update

After the Windows Anniversary Update I now find I no longer get the banner or notification sound when I get new e-mails. Nor does new e-mails show up in the Action Center. I checked the Mail App settings thinking maybe during the update the notification settings got changed but the Show Notifications in the Action Center is still reflecting On and the checkmark is still in the boxes to Show a Notification Banner and Play a Sound. Anyone have a solution to this? If not then I guess I will go back to Office Outlook for my e-mail program.

:)

StevenTodd, Aug 5, 2016

2. Solved, Mail & Calender App No Notification Issue In Anniversary Update

After a week of testing i found out that when the mail app process suspended in the background there is no notifications.

after i open the mail app and close it, the process disappears from the background and i can receive the notifications again until i leave the PC for awhile, so the mail process re-open again in the background and the notifications wouldn't show up.

that's basically the behavior i found in 3 different computers with the anniversary update.

max_emerson, Aug 5, 2016
  3. sankarMR Win User
    Lumia 535 whatsup notification

Hi,

I finally got it after multiple install of what's up app. But my concern is when I restart my mobile what's up app notification will stop, even though app turned on under
    Settings > System > Notifications and actions. So I don't want to do soft or hard reset.

This incident happened after recent anniversary update. I concern there is some bug in anniversary update.

Same happened for mail notification, but couple of restart mail notification solved. But same solution is not working for what's up app.(only multiple install solving the problem)

Thanks in advance .

Sankar

***Removed Phone number by Moderator.***

sankarMR, Aug 5, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

No Mail Notifications after Anniversary Update

Brink, Aug 5, 2016
  5. I checked out the tutorial but noticed it was dated Sep 2015 which looks to be outdated since the Mail app is no longer listed in the "Let apps run in the background" list. According to a question I posted in the Microsoft Community there is no way to add the Mail app to the list.

After experimenting around I found you can now change the Outlook Mail tab on the MSN Home Page to the Mail app. Before when you clicked on the Outlook tab on the MSN Home Page it took you directly to the Outlook Mail web page. After changing the Outlook Mail tab to the Mail app on the MSN Home Page I now get the sound and banner whenever new mail arrives. I just hate when Microsoft makes these kinds of changes and they never notify you about the changes.

StevenTodd, Aug 5, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad to hear you got it sorted.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No Mail Notifications after Anniversary Update

1. No Mail Notifications after Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Mail Notifications Anniversary

2. mail notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    mail notifications: how do I turn off new mail notifications? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-notifications/7b300845-cce7-4a6d-b1ca-de7083ead358
  3. Mail notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail notifications: I want to turn on mail notifications, I already configured the settings inside the app, but was unable to turn them on in Notifications & Actions settings, because I'm not allowed to press the button: Does anybody know how to change that?...
  4. Mail Notification

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Notification: I have two email accounts linked to the Windows 10 mail app. The pop up notification for one of them has a delete button and the other has an archive button. How can I get the second one to have the delete button in the notification? They both had it at one point and now the...
  5. BSODs after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs after the anniversary update: I don't know where to begin with this one. I was on windows 7 in the past and my PC (custom built) constantly suffered from BSOD and random crashes (like browsers crashing randomly). I did my best to try and find out what is causing these issues and ended up narrowing it...
  6. After Anniversary update performance drop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After Anniversary update performance drop: Noticing lot of performance problems like freezing for several minutes after applying latest windows 10 updates. Even tried to reinstall my security programs but nothing really helps. I think that my PC is not that old to be freezing like this. I am running Windows 10 64 Bit...
  7. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  8. Start menu after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu after the anniversary update: Hello As mentioned I updated my windows 10 yesterday, it took a while but finally it went all good. However some things are bugging me crazy after the process. The menu start before the update used to show only the tiles, now after the new version being brought the...
  9. Windows 10 anniversary update- Where is the notification area?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 anniversary update- Where is the notification area?: Need help, I cannot locate the notification area, sorry if this is a stupid question. 86059
  10. Trouble after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble after anniversary update: Hello friends: I am running build 14393 after the anniversary updates. However, I BIG problem I'm facing is that the links to recent files on the applications pinned on the task bar is not available any more. And it's seriously irritating to first open say, Excel then...