Windows 10: no manual update windows 10 defender after removing current update

Discus and support no manual update windows 10 defender after removing current update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I removed the current cumulative update because it broke slingbox player for windows 10. (See:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rboris, Mar 17, 2017.

1. rboris Win User

no manual update windows 10 defender after removing current update

I removed the current cumulative update because it broke slingbox player for windows 10.

(See: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-77fe35223baf.)

And I turned off the Windows update service.

Yesterday I was able to manually update Windows Defender.

Today not.

Microsoft has a workaround:

(See: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-26ab8cbc5539.)

Any other thoughts? Could it be that the update service is intermittent (as is the windows mail service)?

Thanks.

:)

rboris, Mar 17, 2017

2. Security Essentials Windows Defender error 0x80070002 after upgrading to Windows 10

ESSENTIALS is gone was removed with upgrade as you indicated. System is fully updated.

JasonOakes15, Mar 17, 2017
  3. Jasmohan Win User
    Windows defender sucks with new update. Stop with hiding things from users. Make details available to users.

I am not on an Insider preview build. My current build version is 10586.218 and edition is Windows 10 Pro.

My current Windows Defender Antimalware client version is 4.9.10586.0

All the latest updates are installed. 1 week ago I was able to see the path where the virus was detected in Windows Defender. After an update few days ago, they removed it. Also they removed the User configuration Settings. The Setting button now acts as
    a link which redirects to the Universal Settings app to the Windows Defender tab where are hardly any options. On my friend's desktop, who didn't install the latest update, the folder path information is there.

What is Microsoft thinking removing features? They are not making the user experience any better.

Jasmohan, Mar 17, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

If you turn off Windows updates, you can set up your own scheduled task to update Defender.

dalchina, Mar 17, 2017
  5. rboris Win User
    don't know how.
    could you give me a short tutorial.
    much thanks!!

rboris, Mar 17, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    no manual update  windows 10 defender after removing current update [​IMG]

This has also been addressed by posts in this forum- I recall one seeking a solution such that nothing appeared on the screen a couple of months back - feel free to search the forum.

dalchina, Mar 17, 2017
  7. rboris Win User
    this morning the manual update is working.
    go figure. . . .

rboris, Mar 19, 2017
  8. rboris Win User

the "38" cumulative update released yesterday fixed the problem (and the one with SlingPlayer for Desktop, which was my major concern).

rboris, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. no manual update windows 10 defender after removing current update - Similar Threads - manual update defender

2. manual update windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    manual update windows 10: my computer requires a manual update be applied for Microsoft edge. The instructions say logon to ME and click on the 'gear' upper right hand corner, I have only my icon and the shopping cart in right hand corner.. where do I go from here ?...
  3. manual update windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    manual update windows 10: my computer requires a manual update be applied for Microsoft edge. The instructions say logon to ME and click on the 'gear' upper right hand corner, I have only my icon and the shopping cart in right hand corner.. where do I go from here ?...
  4. manual update windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Manually Update Windows 10

Manually Update Windows 10: I recently tried upgrading Windows 8.1 Pro straight to Windows 10 20H2, however, it failed due to SAFE_OS issue. I've decided to pull out my old Windows 10 1511, and use it as a starting point. However, I encountered an issue, when it updates to 1903, I had a boot loop...
  6. FIX for currently crashing Defender Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FIX for currently crashing Defender Update: There is currently an update out that seems to cause Defender to crash "randomly". Looking through the Event-Viewer seems to point at files that have a double-dot for their file-extension. For example: "filename..txt" As discovered by u/Aydrian74 here: r/Windows 10 Thread...
  7. Manually Updating Windows Defender?

Manually Updating Windows Defender?: I've had two blue screen errors recently with the stop code "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL." I was told that this was related to Windows Defender and that it may need an update, or may need to be reinstalled. However, when I try to check for updates, what has happened multiple times...
  8. Manually updating Windows Defender Antimalware Platform

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Manually updating Windows Defender Antimalware Platform: I have downloaded latest KB file for updating WD Antimalware Platform from MS catalog for an offline PC I own. But there are three different executables with very long names. How do you apply the update? Do I need to run every one of them? TIA. 137319
  9. Windows Defender Manual Update Error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Defender Manual Update Error: When I attempt to do a manual update of Windows Defender definitions I get an error message. From the Windows Defender Security Center, clicking "Check for Updates" results in the message shown in the following screen shot: [img] When I attempt manual update from...
  10. Windows 10 slow after manually updating to Creators Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 slow after manually updating to Creators Update: Hello, I have noticed some serious slowdowns on my computer since I updated to creators update. Before the update, my PC was flying lighting fast. I often kept it on power saving mode and it still did not show any sings of slowing down. I always keep my laptop up to date...