Windows 10: No media files opening

Discus and support No media files opening in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently i updated my pc to windows 10 bu after 3 days i found that no media files are opening. Please help me out with a solution 58764 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Siddhartha Ghos, Aug 3, 2016.

1. No media files opening

Recently i updated my pc to windows 10 bu after 3 days i found that no media files are opening. Please help me out with a solution

:)

Siddhartha Ghos, Aug 3, 2016

2. NO MEDIA FILES ARE OPENING

Recently I have faced a serious problem. all my movies and videos are in D drive and F drive. But whenever I am going to open the above drives the page shows "working on it" for just a microsecond and then crashes and returns to the desktop screen. Even
    there was a video file in my usb drive but when I inserted it and clicked on the usb drive it crashed the same way. What I have figured out is that there is some problem with opening the media files only, rest of everything is working perfectly. Please help
    me out with a solution

SiddharthaGhosh, Aug 3, 2016
  3. NO MEDIA FILES ARE OPENING

Hi Siddhartha,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Media Files on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur due to any third party application conflict or might be issue related to virus. Please follow the below methods and check if this helps:

Method 1:
    Full system scan using Windows defender.

Please follow the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...cdfb6f185/schedule-a-scan-in-windows-defender

Method 2:
    Place computer in clean boot.

Please follow the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: After Performing Clean Boot, please refer the section
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Swetha Sree, Aug 3, 2016
  4. Rocky Win User

No media files opening

What type of media (audio or video) and what kind of software have you installed to open said media?

Rocky, Aug 3, 2016
  5. Try Right clicking and choose Open With .. windows 10 Movie app can open almost any format..
    Try to use VLC player instead. .. if no go ...
    let us know what extensions A.I. .mp4 , .mkv etc

manish9009, Aug 3, 2016
  6. Rocky Win User
    What kind of media files are these? Have you installed any software to open these with? Like ,anish9009 said, try VLC software, it's free.

Rocky, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

No media files opening

1. No media files opening - Similar Threads - media files opening

2. Trying to tell windows to open files in Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to tell windows to open files in Media Player: No, not Windows Media Player, with the icon that depicts a few empty CD cases with an orange play button on it, but simply "Media Player" as it's referred to on my computer. The copyright information says it's a Microsoft product, though.there's a certain way this "Media...
  3. Problem opening FTP media files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem opening FTP media files: Hello, I was wondering if you have any solutions on how to open video files from an external drive shared through a router without downloading it? Our WiFi router TP-link AC 1200 have an USB port where we can put external hard drive to it, and can share the files in the...
  4. Problem opening FTP media files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem opening FTP media files: Hello, I was wondering if you have any solutions on how to open video files from an external drive shared through a router without downloading it? Our WiFi router TP-link AC 1200 have an USB port where we can put external hard drive to it, and can share the files in the...
  5. Problem opening FTP media files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Problem opening FTP media files

Problem opening FTP media files: Hello, I was wondering if you have any solutions on how to open video files from an external drive shared through a router? I open the path in vain, and even though the appropriate VLC media player is installed on Windows, when opening the file, Windows says that no...
  7. Problem opening FTP media files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem opening FTP media files: Hello, I was wondering if you have any solutions on how to open video files from an external drive shared through a router? I open the path in vain, and even though the appropriate VLC media player is installed on Windows, when opening the file, Windows says that no...
  8. Problem opening FTP media files

9. Media Files don't open

Media Files don't open: So I had an issue on my computer and all my media files lost their preview and when I try opening any image format or video format they won't open. I fixed the issue on my computer after resetting the system, but the files that got corrupted don't open any more, I tried...
  10. Windows Media Player in Open with for .flv files

Windows Media Player in Open with for .flv files: Im very happy with this contextmenu in 1703-version. There is only one thing left ,which I could not fix still. When I rightclick on a .flv-file , I can click on " open with " ,then another small menu opens with the apps available for playing the .flv-file. I have...