Windows 10: No more icons, just the names !

Discus and support No more icons, just the names ! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Welcome to tenforums. Have you tried rebuilding the icon cache? Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by essenbe, Apr 4, 2018.

1. essenbe Win User

No more icons, just the names !

essenbe, Apr 4, 2018
  2. sfleury Win User

Hello
    When I started Windows 10 64 bits this morning, there was no more icons on the desktop ! Only the names of the icons ! In the tasks bar, no specific icon displayed : all the icons look the same
    I deleted the icon cache but this does not solve the problem

Any idea ? Thanks

PS : When I click an icon name, the program starts correctly

:)

sfleury, Apr 17, 2018
  3. C6-01 suddenly no more names for incoming messages

In contacts... Options-->Settings-->Contacts to display-->Select ONLY phone memory (make sure that all contacts are stored in Phone memory..)

have you installed any apps recently

techbuzzireland, Apr 17, 2018
  4. roscat228 Win User

C6-01 suddenly no more names for incoming messages

Suddenly two days ago my phone decided not to give me names from the contacts list when I receive messages - same contacts or different contacts. Outgoing messages is fine, with names, but not incoming. Strange. Any ideas?

Thanks.

roscat228, Apr 17, 2018
  5. Ben Myers Win User
    Right-click a blank spot on the desktop, select "View" and make sure that "Show Desktop Icons" is checked. If it isn't, check it.

Ben

Ben Myers, Apr 17, 2018
Thema:

1. No more icons, just the names ! - Similar Threads - more icons names

2. Removing Icon Names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Icon Names: I wanted to remove the icon names, after searching for a while I found about using the number pad, but I don't have a number pad to use, is there any other way to do so or is that the only one?...
  3. Removing Icon Names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Icon Names: I wanted to remove the icon names, after searching for a while I found about using the number pad, but I don't have a number pad to use, is there any other way to do so or is that the only one?...
  4. Filetypes' icons and naming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Filetypes' icons and naming: Good dayI'd like to know if it is possible to manually change the names and icons Windows gives to a certain file type.For example, with C source code *.c files:If I open them with Visual Studio by default, it names them "C Source" and I get this icon:If I want to use Visual...
  5. Filetypes' icons and naming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Filetypes' icons and naming: Good dayI'd like to know if it is possible to manually change the names and icons Windows gives to a certain file type.For example, with C source code *.c files:If I open them with Visual Studio by default, it names them "C Source" and I get this icon:If I want to use Visual...
  6. Filetypes' icons and naming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Account Name Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Name Icon: In the picture below, I should only see the top three settings "Change account settings", "Lock", and "Sign out" when I left click on my account name icon, under the start menu.Any idea why this is happening? Also, where can I find this setting, so I can further investigate?...
  8. Account Name Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account Name Icon: In the picture below, I should only see the top three settings "Change account settings", "Lock", and "Sign out" when I left click on my account name icon, under the start menu.Any idea why this is happening? Also, where can I find this setting, so I can further investigate?...
  9. Taskbar icon names

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icon names: It used to be that when I moved my cursor over one of the icons in my taskbar, it would show the name of the software. It doesn't anymore. How do I return it to the settings so that it does this again?...
  10. Improvements on WindowsSecurity-Protection elements : more info on processes, name is just...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Improvements on WindowsSecurity-Protection elements : more info on processes, name is just...: Dear Ms, more than a question, it is a a petition. Just turning on few days ago one of the elements of windows protection, now it says me everytime a process try to access memory should NOT do it, or folders. GREAT !! you doing great job two alerts come recently:...