Windows 10: No more Veracrypt for GPT, any good alternatives for locking computer?

Discus and support No more Veracrypt for GPT, any good alternatives for locking computer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There seems to be little or no encryption options for win 10 home users with new computers, Veracrypt will not encrypt my drive. Are there any good... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CannonRebel, Dec 31, 2017.

1. No more Veracrypt for GPT, any good alternatives for locking computer?

There seems to be little or no encryption options for win 10 home users with new computers, Veracrypt will not encrypt my drive. Are there any good options to locking a computer drive that are better than the standard windows lock screen?

:)

CannonRebel, Dec 31, 2017

2. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade: TrueCrypt 7.1a

> I then re encrypted the Windows 10 drive using TrueCrypt and it is working fine.

Good news. However, I assume it is only possible with "old" MBR partitions, not "new" GPT ones? And it's not only Trucrypt's problem, same goes for TC's forks like VeraCrypt or CipherShed, if I'm not mistaken...

TomaszKobosz, Dec 31, 2017
  3. So whoever designed the build 10586 update went full retard.

It is more of the problem of Veracrypt not Microsoft.

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 31, 2017
Thema:

No more Veracrypt for GPT, any good alternatives for locking computer?

1. No more Veracrypt for GPT, any good alternatives for locking computer? - Similar Threads - more Veracrypt GPT

2. A good alternative to CCleaner in 2022?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A good alternative to CCleaner in 2022?: Hi all,I have read that "No expert recommends using CCleaner any longer".I am wondering if there is a similar program that you experts can recommend to me to keep my PC Clean and Up to Date?Thank you in advance!Chris...
  3. A good alternative to CCleaner in 2022?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A good alternative to CCleaner in 2022?: Hi all,I have read that "No expert recommends using CCleaner any longer".I am wondering if there is a similar program that you experts can recommend to me to keep my PC Clean and Up to Date?Thank you in advance!Chris...
  4. Veracrypt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Veracrypt: Hello, Long time no see I have installed Veracrypt for some time ago! but now it keeps dismounting the drive i have encrypted and i have the following settings: but it keeps dismounting 179135
  5. Any good file explorer alternative?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any good file explorer alternative?: File explorer is not only inferior to Mac Finder but it's inferior to Linux file explorers(Nautilus, Nemo, Dolphin) too. Any good alternative to try which makes me not frustrated? Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/MuhammadJim [link] [comments]...
  6. what's a good alternative to utorrent??

what's a good alternative to utorrent??: many people told me it's bad for my computer or something and i use it a lot so what is a good replacement?? submitted by /u/EZZOOOTHEKING [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8jlej/whats_a_good_alternative_to_utorrent/
  7. veracrypt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    veracrypt: I am trying to build a 2+TB container on a 5TB USB 7200RPM hard drive using a dell 5584 with a IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz. It wants to take more than 4 days. Mostly this appears through the task manager to be that it is writing less than 0.8MB per sec, and often...
  8. Any good file explorer alternatives

Any good file explorer alternatives: I'm looking for a good file explorer for windows 10 but i can't find any that look good. Right now i use explorer++ and it's fie but i think it's desing is outdated (it still uses XP icons). submitted by /u/nothingtoseehere196 [link] [comments]...
  9. Is There Any Good but Free Alternative to IDM (Internet Download Manager)?

Is There Any Good but Free Alternative to IDM (Internet Download Manager)?: I am using IDM for such a long time. But I don't want to use it anymore. The reason is it often can't instantiate download and Firefox take control over it. I really enjoy when IDM can start downloading instead of Firefox. But as it often fails I am now looking for an...
  10. Veracrypt not possible with GPT drive system

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Veracrypt not possible with GPT drive system: you see the image attached? hi btw *Smile I want to encrypt my computer but veracrypt seems to be incompatible with GUID. can I keep my windows installation and convert to MBR so that I can encrypt? Or should I go with the now dated and discontinued truecrypt? are...