Windows 10: No mouse during Windows 10 install

Discus and support No mouse during Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I'm re-installing Windows 10 and am at the screen where I need to select Language. There are 2 options: English US & English UK. My problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidA23, Jul 1, 2016.

1. DavidA23 Win User

No mouse during Windows 10 install

Hi
    I'm re-installing Windows 10 and am at the screen where I need to select Language. There are 2 options: English US & English UK.
    My problem is that I'm unable to select either or click next because there is no mouse pointer.
    I've attempted to continue using just the keyboard by highlighting English UK and using the Enter/Return key but this does not work.
    I can highlight either option using the Tab key but that is all so I'm stuck on this screen.
    How can I continue?
    The mouse is working on the second monitor but absent on the one I need.

:)

DavidA23, Jul 1, 2016
  2. Angusglen Win User

Clean install of Win 10 with wireless keyboard and mouse?

I'm preparing to do a clean install of Windows 10. I use a MS wireless keyboard and mouse. Am I likely to have connectivity issues with these during the process?

Angusglen, Jul 1, 2016
  3. artiny16 Win User
    No keyboard/mouse during Windows 10 installation

Hy,

I have downloaded from the DreamSpark
    - Windows 10 Education 32/64-bit (English)

From the ISO file I created bootable usb (kingston datatraveler 100 g3, USB 3.00) with Windows USB/DVD Download Tool .
    First I used my wireless Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Desktop (keyboard/mouse) but when started the installation,when I must choose the languages - the cursor doesnt show,the keyboard doesn't work.

Then I restarted the installation,but I changed the keyboard/mouse. I plugged in my
    hp standard keyboard usb 2.0 to the PC (I tried many usb port) and wireless lenovo mouse ...and removed the Microsoft keyboard/mouse receiver. >> doesn't worked (following times I always used this hp,lenovo keyboard and mouse)

Then I maked bios upgrade from v3.6 to v3.9.

I doesn't have other usb at home, so I burned out ISO file with Windows USB/DVD Download to the DVD. The installation
    loaded/started but same problem.

Then I created bootable USB with MediaCreationTool, I downloaded again with MediaCreationTool the windows 10 and created bootable usb with this tool. The installation started,but the keyboard doesn't
    work - same problem still.

I tried this usb on my laptop (acer aspire s3 391) - the installation started and everything worked fine,the keyboard work... - with the laptop.

next try:

Then I formatted my SSD disk on my PC, and tried again install it the windows 10,but nothing changed, keyboard/mouse don't work.

artiny16, Jul 1, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Disconnect the second monitor during installation.

NavyLCDR, Jul 1, 2016
  5. DavidA23 Win User
    Thanks so much for your speedy response. That works fine now.

DavidA23, Jul 1, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    We recommend that all extra devices not be connected during a Windows install. Nothing but the primary monitor, mouse and keyboard, the hard drive being installed to, and the Windows 10 installation media from which Windows 10 is being installed. I just seems to create less problems to add the other hardware after installation.

NavyLCDR, Jul 1, 2016
  7. DavidA23 Win User
    Sounds like a good idea. I'll remember that for next time.

DavidA23, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No mouse during Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - mouse during install

2. Stuck during installation Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck during installation Windows 10: Hey i was installing windows 10 on imac with boot camp assistant when suddently the usb stick disconnected and now im stuck at a message saying "plug pack usb and press any key" so i did that but nothing is happening i tried putting it off power and back on but it gives me...
  3. Crashes during Windows 10 install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Crashes during Windows 10 install.: Hello, I have a two year old laptop Asus FX504GE that has been having issues with the latest not sure which one Windows 10 update for the last few months. It would install the update, crash and then roll back the update. Everything was working fine once the update was rolled...
  4. BSOD during Windows 10 installation

BSOD during Windows 10 installation: I wanted to reset my laptop to factory settings. I chose 'remove everything' then cloud download. The reset process was going pretty well. When the installation of windows was on 1% BSOD appeared. Then the PC restarted automatically and preparing screen appered and then BSOD...
  5. Windows 10 Blackscreen during install

Windows 10 Blackscreen during install: Hello, earlier today i upgraded some parts in my pc, bought a new gpu, new hdd and I decided to upgrade my fake windows 7 to windows 10. when i had all the new parts working I started the installation of windows 10. I made sure it started fine and then left my computer for...
  6. Bluescreen during Windows 10 installation

Bluescreen during Windows 10 installation: Hello all, I am new here but I hope I can still get some help *chuckle First I'd like to say I'm very experienced when it comes to hardware, and I work with enterprise hardware and Windows server, yet I am at a loss here. First my setup: Intel i7 7700K Gigabyte Z270X...
  7. windows 10 error during instalation

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 error during instalation: Hi ! I have downloaded windows 10 directly from the site , and while I was waiting for setup to complete , I received the next error message: " There was a problem running this tool , we`re not sure what happened but we`re unable to run this tool on your PC , if you...
  8. BSOD during Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during Windows 10 installation: So I can't upgrade to windows 10. I keep getting a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys) error. Then I am stuck until my PC restarts a few times and rolls back to Windows 7 Pro. I am attaching the debug to see if anyone can help me figure out what is causing this...
  9. Mouse/Keyboard freeze up during Windows installation?

Mouse/Keyboard freeze up during Windows installation?: Awesome thank you Addram
  10. No cursor during windows 10 installation

No cursor during windows 10 installation: Using MediaCreationTool I made a bootable USB with the windows 10 from my computer to install it in my new Lenovo g50-30. When I get to the setup (where i would select the language to install and so on) I have no mouse cursor and the keyboard doesn't work either. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no mouse during windows 10 setup