Windows 10: No mouse, no keyboard... HELP NEEDED

Discus and support No mouse, no keyboard... HELP NEEDED in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm looking for a solution since 3 days with non success so I hope that someone wll be able to help me. To make a long story short, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dave007, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Dave007 Win User

No mouse, no keyboard... HELP NEEDED

Hello,

I'm looking for a solution since 3 days with non success so I hope that someone wll be able to help me.

To make a long story short, I installed Windows 10 (coming from Windows 7) and I was facing trobles with my USB ports.
    I tried to fix this but now my USB ports don't work antmore, meaning no mouse and no keyboard...

MEanwhile both (mouse and keyboard) work well Under the BIOS menu and the start-up menu (Under BIOS).
    I tried to restore, reinstall, rebuild, etc., etc. Nothing works.
    I made a Windows 10 DVD ISO, launch it but no success...

What can I do?

I was thinking about an external connection from another laptop being Under the same network (both in WiFi), I know the IP and the PC name, as well as the user name (no password) but I can I do this, if possible ?

Could you please help me ?

Of oucrse I can reinstall everything but I'll loose some data and all my installed application, so this would be the last solution, I'm looking for a solution which could let my data and applications as they are.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Regards,
    David

:)

Dave007, Apr 9, 2016
  2. ...No... Win User

Shift Lock On Windows 10

Hello,how do I enable shift lock on Windows 10? Somebody help!!!

...No..., Apr 9, 2016
  3. Lego M M Win User
    No keyboard, no mouse, no trackpad.

Basically, my device has been crashing, after the latest crash, my mouse and keyboard both failed, my USB mouse worked, so I attempted windows driver troubleshoot. Restarted after troubleshooting, no mouse driver! All of it works in BIOS and "Windows didn't
    load correctly" screen. The Windows not loading screen happens every time it fails to shut down correctly cause of the frequent BSODs.

Laptop specs:

MakerNo mouse, no keyboard... HELP NEEDED :Dell

Processor:i7-4710HQ

RAM:16GBs

Storage: 1 TB HDD (boot) 128 GB SSD

GFX: 980M

Lego M M, Apr 9, 2016
  4. No mouse, no keyboard... HELP NEEDED

Dave, try borrowing a different keyboard and mouse and see if they will work. I assume that you've tried different USB ports.

Vince Massi, Apr 9, 2016
  5. Dave007 Win User
    Thank you Vince for your support.
    I tried several mouses as well as all my USB ports, same story unfortunately.
    Other suggestions?
    Regards,
    David

Dave007, Apr 9, 2016
  6. Hirodato Win User
    i also experience this problem few months ago after upgrading windows 8.1 to 10.when i am using win 8.1 everything is ok, but after upgrading to win 10 that problem occured.
    i tried to update and reinstall driver, recovery ,repair but nothing works
    when i look into usb controller in event tab, i found a controller is not configured, in my case "Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E26"

i was desperate nothing is working so i tried last resort, that is clean install
    i lose all my data but when i checked, everything is ok and works fine

the problem probably caused by windows upgrade i think? but i am not really sure.please correct me if i am wrong.
    if you dont manage to solve this problem you can try this, but keep this as the last resort.
    *edit : i did clean install win 10 and until now there is no problem

Hirodato, Apr 9, 2016
  7. Dave007 Win User
    Thank you for you message.
    I will try first to avoid any lost, data and applications.
    But as you say - as the last resort - , i will reinstall Windows 10.

If you have any other ideas...

regards,
    David

Dave007, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

No mouse, no keyboard... HELP NEEDED

1. No mouse, no keyboard... HELP NEEDED - Similar Threads - mouse keyboard HELP

2. Need help with keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with keyboard: My keyboard suddenly stopped working when i use it on my pc, ive tried to update drivers but nothing happened i updated windows and still nothing got fixed it is saying that the keyboard is an unknown device and that it might be broken but when i plug it into my laptop it...
  3. Need help with keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with keyboard: My keyboard suddenly stopped working when i use it on my pc, ive tried to update drivers but nothing happened i updated windows and still nothing got fixed it is saying that the keyboard is an unknown device and that it might be broken but when i plug it into my laptop it...
  4. Intermittent mouse and keyboard Freezes, Need Help, Very Detailed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent mouse and keyboard Freezes, Need Help, Very Detailed.: Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz Installed RAM 24.0 GB Mother Board; NZXT B55064-bit operating system, x64-based processor with Windows 11 home.Razer Kraken KeyboardRazer Naga MouseMy keyboard and Mouse intermittently freeze when I log in, Surf the web,...
  5. Intermittent mouse and keyboard Freezes, Need Help, Very Detailed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent mouse and keyboard Freezes, Need Help, Very Detailed.: Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz Installed RAM 24.0 GB Mother Board; NZXT B55064-bit operating system, x64-based processor with Windows 11 home.Razer Kraken KeyboardRazer Naga MouseMy keyboard and Mouse intermittently freeze when I log in, Surf the web,...
  6. Intermittent mouse and keyboard Freezes, Need Help, Very Detailed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. tech help mouse/keyboard

tech help mouse/keyboard: just reinstalled windows and now my mouse and keyboard are not working at all they don't show up in device manger the keyboard works fine before windows starts up then just stops when windows initializes Ive tried manually installing drivers restarting the console changing...
  8. Need help with keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with keyboard: I have a Casio keyboard and a Windows 10 PC. I bought a USB A-B adapter so I could connect the two and record music. The computer registered the keyboard at first, but it stopped doing so. I need help- how could connect the two and record music? submitted by...
  9. Need help with wired keyboard/mouse shutting off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with wired keyboard/mouse shutting off: I had an issue in the past with my usb headset turning off during my workshift from home after about 8 hours a while back and I found where to go to tell Windows to not turn it off. (I hope that made sense.) I know It's not in the normal Settings. I now have an issue with...
  10. Need Help Picking Mouse And Keyboard

Need Help Picking Mouse And Keyboard: I got a new PC in a sense. My Acer I took to be fixed, had died. So he rebuilt me a PC using a refurbished Advent Windows 10 Tower. It's a Advent Tower, Dell Monitor, and Acer Keyboard and Mouse. The keyboard and mouse are going. It scrolls and does things I don't want....