Windows 10: No Mult-Touch Gestures On Touchpad

Discus and support No Mult-Touch Gestures On Touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing a new motherboard on my Lenovo Y50-70 Touch with Windows 10 Home x64, Windows has decided that my Synaptics touchpad is an Elan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GT086, Sep 26, 2016.

1. GT086 Win User

No Mult-Touch Gestures On Touchpad

After installing a new motherboard on my Lenovo Y50-70 Touch with Windows 10 Home x64, Windows has decided that my Synaptics touchpad is an Elan touchpad and installed the drivers for it. This stopped all multi-touch gestures but most importantly two-finger scrolling from working. The Elan Control Center is installed and shows that they're enabled but they still don't work.

I've tried to install the Synaptics drivers but they never successfully get applied. The bundled drivers from the Lenovo website also think I have an Elan touchpad and install the drivers for it, again though the mult-touch gestures don't work. The generic drivers from Synaptics don't work either.

It's driving me up the wall having to use the keyboard or dragging the pointer over to the scrollbar every time I want to scroll up or down.

I need some help trying to get this fixed. Thanks.

:)

GT086, Sep 26, 2016

2. Laptop touchpad gestures not working on Windows 10

Original title: Laptop touchpad gestures

I have lenovo laptop , it had touch pad gestures . After I have updated my laptop to windows 10 , these gestures are not working.

How I can get these gestures back.

EhteshamAnwar, Sep 26, 2016
  3. dougbell Win User
    WP8 use as a touchpad for desktop PC?

Subject: WP8 use as a touchpad for desktop PC

Currently this PC has a Windows 7 installed version. Am comtemplating upgrade to Windows 8.

However this PC monitor is a non-touch model. I have the Nokia 920 WP8.

There are MS and Logitech W8 touchpads and mice that require differing gestures to use.

What would be elegant is an enabling interface to use a WP8 as a touchpad into the

non-touch screen PC, thereby allowing consistent gesture use at the desktop.

L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

dougbell, Sep 26, 2016
  4. Beowulf1 Win User

Do this in safe mode-
    First download this driver-Downloads Detail ds103716
    Then uninstall the elantech driver from 'uninstall a program'. This may freeze your touch pad.
    Now install the driver you downloaded with keyboard or external usb mouse.

Beowulf1, Sep 28, 2016
  5. GT086 Win User
    Just tried that and unfortunately it didn't fix the problem.

GT086, Sep 28, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    Try opening Device Manager and under 'Mice and other pointing devices' uninstall the Elan Touchpad. Hopefully the scan for hardware changes will correctly identify the Synaptics touchpad the second time round.

7. GT086 Win User
    I've tried that multiple times, unfortunately that doesn't work either.

GT086, Sep 29, 2016
  8. GT086 Win User

Bump again. This is driving me nuts, there's got to be someway to fix it.

GT086, Oct 31, 2016
  9. brummyfan Win User
    Hi,
    Try this method(if you haven't done it already), uninstall Synaptics in Programs and features, uninstall the drivers for synaptics in Device manager, shut down the laptop. Go to BIOS ( with the small button or whichever method you use), select F9 to load defaults, then save the settings by F10 and exit. Download the driver from Lenovo Support and try installing the driver.

brummyfan, Oct 31, 2016
  10. GT086 Win User
    That worked, thank you. Unfortunately right after I fixed this, another piece broke on this piece of shit laptop. The plastic that holds the monitor assembly to the hinges attached to the case snapped. The metal hinge is stuck in the closed position and the entire monitor assembly is hanging on by the other side which. I will never buy another Lenovo laptop ever.

GT086, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No Mult-Touch Gestures On Touchpad - Similar Threads - Mult Touch Gestures

2. Touchpad Gestures

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad Gestures: Don't know if anyone looked into this or I'm too late, but you can use gestures in windows 10 just like GNOME 40 gestures.. do two/three fingers swipe up, down, left, right to see the magic.. submitted by /u/Mr_Linux_Lover [link] [comments]...
  3. gestures touch pannel

in Windows 10 Customization
    gestures touch pannel: gesture settings disappeared. how to fix it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gestures-touch-pannel/a79caafb-b539-45aa-b5a7-1f86dc330759
  4. Touchpad gesture

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad gesture: Hi, I'm trying 2 finger scroll using my touchpad but I'm not able to use any gestures on the touchpad. I looked upon the internet and try to figure it out from the device manager but there is no touchpad option in the device manager. I also tried settings -> touchpad but...
  5. Multi touch gesture touchpad

Multi touch gesture touchpad: I have a multi touch gesture touchpad. Does the number of gestures I use fingers depend on the laptop model? I cannot find how many fingers I can use in the settings....
  6. touchpad gestures

touchpad gestures: I have the DELL inspiron laptop. The gestures of the touch-pad don't work. I tried to go through the device manager and there is no option of the touch-pad in the settings. [ATTACH] How can the gestures of the touch-pad and the touch-pad problem be fixed.........
  7. gestures on touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    gestures on touchpad: How do I turn off some of the gestures on the touchpad but leave others alone, before this upgrade I could not only see the demonstration but change each individual gestures. Now the only thing I see is this: "This device is working properly". I beg to differ, NO it's NOT....
  8. Touchpad gesture

Touchpad gesture: Hi, I just installed a new windows 10 on my laptop but my touchpad gestures are not working. Can you please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-gesture/2f2fc9f1-d1db-4309-a3a9-e233dc3c82b7
  9. Touchpad Gesture

Touchpad Gesture: Touchpad Gesture is not working, how do I fix it? I already tried going to set up and talking to a get help chat. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-gesture/82661152-590c-44cb-b2e7-fb4bec73a91b
  10. Disable touch gestures?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable touch gestures?: Hi, I recently bought a convertible laptop-tablet. I noticed that there are some gestures implemented in W10. I want to disable one of the, when you swipe from the left in the screen and the task view comes up. Is that possible? Thanks. 37755